I hate to do it but "SERIOUSLY PEOPLE FRONT HAAARRRRRDDD ON twitter!!"

So I have no facebook and I just did a twitter for one of my projects and apparently twitter uses your email and finds people you know. *kind of freaky* So my ex pops up on the "people you might know*  along with a few other people I knoow .......
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 at how incredibly fake and childish people act on twitter!!!!!!!!!!!! I low key felt embarassed that I was associated with the girl the way she was talking on there. Anyway this was all new to me. I know I'm late but I never had any interest in social networking and only do it now for a business venture, for those of you on twitter seriously other then using it for updates on a project or promotion what is the point? Honestly, I don't do anything but grind at this point and I'll be the first to admit I'm incredibly out of the "social" loop but this really tripped me out. I feel like I'm either really advanced for my age or everyone is INCREDIBLY $%*%%*! LAME!!!!!! 26 is like the new 16, people talking about getting money and they don't even have jobs! Chicks talking about,"blah blah privelged and I had to work for mines!" When for a fact their daddy at 25 years old still sends them $300 every two weeks and they live with their mom and the BMW they bought has 160,000 miles on it yet you are talking about how funny it is when cute girls are in buckets>>>!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, what the %%%# is going on? I'm not joking or playing when I ask that. People are going to say, "it's always been like this" but no, it really has not and something is going on that scares me.

social media is just lame(unless its contributes to something positive.). just deleted my fb a month ago, seems like the broke bums are always the ones trying to stunt like you said OP.

nothing but ignorance going on, even tho i do miss hitting up my homeboys and a couple homegirls from college. i think i might make another page lowkey, no pics no nothing. just to chat with certain people.  

on another note OP what happen with the ATL trip, why didnt we get a update homie.

This is why i deleted my facebook a little over a year ago.

I have a twitter but i only use it to keep up with  world events/music/celebs and talk to about 5 of my friends that I have on it.  I am a private person and have learned that I do not like social networking at all.

Social networking = Cool points contest

I completely agree with you when you say "something is going on and it scares me"  I don't really know what it is...or how bad it is going to get...but why do people feel the need to put their/other peoples business out in public, or try to live an e-lie.

Li(f)e

Put em Up ATL was so amazing that I honestly didn't want to leave. I believe it is black man heaven, of course there was a high abundance of tricks and simps but the quality in terms of looks is unbelievable. I went to Opera,Compound,Twist,Velvet Room etc and had a blast everywhere. I pulled about 18 chicks and only 4 were on that bull. Going again hopefully in October. Back to the topic though, I want to understand with all my heart why my generation, no, our generation is so concerned with frontin on each other and being complete children? What are we going to do when its our turn to run the world? To people not realize how these ridicolous tweets can come back to haunt you? Why are we talking about our sex lives and other private issues online? What ever happened to respect and decency? Seriously, I cannot imagine how our kids are going to be!!!

I dont get it either. Had some girl ask me if I had any of that when I told her know she asked me "how do I live"
indifferent.gif

You ever think that maybeee it isn't social media in general but just the people you associate yourself with who are lame?

I have a facebook. I have over 1000 friends. All people I met through college and grad school that I use it to keep in touch with.

A few (maybe a handful) of them post things like you describe but those people themselves are lame. It has nothing to do with social media itself being stupid or you being advanced for your age. Certain people just like to present themselves a certain way and tend to be fixated on certain things.

Shrug.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

So I have no facebook and I just did a twitter for one of my projects and apparently twitter uses your email and finds people you know. *kind of freaky* So my ex pops up on the "people you might know*  along with a few other people I knoow .......
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 at how incredibly fake and childish people act on twitter!!!!!!!!!!!! I low key felt embarassed that I was associated with the girl the way she was talking on there. Anyway this was all new to me. I know I'm late but I never had any interest in social networking and only do it now for a business venture, for those of you on twitter seriously other then using it for updates on a project or promotion what is the point? Honestly, I don't do anything but grind at this point and I'll be the first to admit I'm incredibly out of the "social" loop but this really tripped me out. I feel like I'm either really advanced for my age or everyone is INCREDIBLY $%*%%*! LAME!!!!!! 26 is like the new 16, people talking about getting money and they don't even have jobs! Chicks talking about,"blah blah privelged and I had to work for mines!" When for a fact their daddy at 25 years old still sends them $300 every two weeks and they live with their mom and the BMW they bought has 160,000 miles on it yet you are talking about how funny it is when cute girls are in buckets>>>!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, what the %%%# is going on? I'm not joking or playing when I ask that. People are going to say, "it's always been like this" but no, it really has not and something is going on that scares me.
Deleted my fb account back in January because of this crap. Social networking in general is pretty pointless and a massive 'look at me' party.

Funny though, aren't you in the Hollywood scene. Seems ironic that you...

U Mad causebi changef my profile pic to the new 2011 bmw I bought with my hard earned money from mom's trust fund that I used to stunt on my 24 yr old bros at the club last night?

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Deleted my fb account back in January because of this crap. Social networking in general is pretty pointless and a massive 'look at me' party.

Deleted mine in February and I couldn't have said it any better. Just an attention game.

this is how I feel

I ABSOLUTELY cannot use twitter. Im 26 and most of the people I know are from college and HS and I swear they live boring mundance lives. I dont need to know what you are thinking every half an hour and I swear they are extremely immature.

for FB however, I have been on the site since 2004 (thats 7 years already!)

I love the concept of FB, but the people who use are the same people I hate on twitter. Thank God for the hide feature, I use fb to primarily interact with family and friends in other countries and to post pictures from my international trips and post pics of the soccer games I attend. THATS IT

In all I hate post  fiends (people who constantly post pics and updates of every little stupid thing they do)

cliffnotes

Twitter: I dont use or have an account, i dont care what people are thinking
Facebook: I use it to post pictures of my international trips and soccer games. Thank God for the hide feature to block people or else it would be unbearale

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Deleted mine in February and I couldn't have said it any better. Just an attention game.

This and that.

These social networks simple foster narcissistic and self-indulgent behavior.

It's a BIG part of what's wrong with the world today.

I use twitter bc I get real bored at work, and the things I tweet are things I would be saying to another person if I had someone to talk to. Its not all about look at me and what im doing. If you dont wanna use it, dont use it. But dont criticize people for doing something they find entertainment in.

And you must not realize where you are posting do you? This is NT. Home of some of the biggest alter egos I ever seen. Some ppl on here are way worse than ppl on twitter

Originally Posted by flores

Pics?

What pleasure would you get out of OP posting pics?...*#*$ is getting so played...Anyways people front everywhere on the net, is done on here on the regular, I guess is a way to boost your own ego, since most likely in real life there is no way you can fool anyone....I have a few girls on my facebook who just crack me up, they talk about the fab life and have to present their foodstamps's card as their main ID to get into a club, then I have this one chick who is about 60lbs overweight who is just by far the most obnoxious person I know off, all her friends are much thinner than her, yet she wears the least clothing and skimpiest two piece bathing suits with gut overlapping the bikini bottom
sick.gif
and she doesn't hesitate to post this on her facebook...

I agree mos def.  I do my best to follow people on Twitter I either talk to and sports bloggers/writers.  People seek attention on these networks especially when you have females who have profile pics of them naked or performing a sexual act.    Gotta love the "I just spent $200 in Target" tweets
tired.gif

Add a mandatory video component to these social networking sites and the fronting will be brought down to a minimum.

Oh look its this thread again... And how is this a big reason with what is wrong with the world?

I act like myself on all of these social networking websites, which is ridiculous and silly and not conducive to getting followers
laugh.gif

The bottom line is that if you don't put up a front then it's just a way to keep in touch with a lot of people at once.
I've never had ANY drama because of the internet.

It's not that hard to figure out. People use their own social media accounts to project the image they want people to have of them.

I mean, OP, I understand your concerns, but do you really expect broke people to be on their tweeting about how broke they are? Just how it goes.

Social media can be both beneficial and detrimental at the same time. But if your adding ppl just for the sake of having followers or friends and getting mad at what these ppl post on these networking sites then your doing it wrong.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by flores

Pics?

What pleasure would you get out of OP posting pics?...*#*$ is getting so played...Anyways people front everywhere on the net, is done on here on the regular, I guess is a way to boost your own ego, since most likely in real life there is no way you can fool anyone....I have a few girls on my facebook who just crack me up, they talk about the fab life and have to present their foodstamps's card as their main ID to get into a club, then I have this one chick who is about 60lbs overweight who is just by far the most obnoxious person I know off, all her friends are much thinner than her, yet she wears the least clothing and skimpiest two piece bathing suits with gut overlapping the bikini bottom
sick.gif
and she doesn't hesitate to post this on her facebook...
Calm down. It ain't that serious.

Back
Top Bottom