I hate UPS right now

I ordered a pair of pants last week and they shipped on the 12th. They arrived in baltimore on the 16th (the delivery day) and on the same day they put in an exception- For adverse weather conditions (the snow storm), however I see UPS trucks everyday and the streets are clear enough to get through. So I call and they said that the packages were stored away in a facility, but because of the snow they would be delayed. Fair enough, that was on the 16th. On the 17th I checked and it didn't come out of the facility here, and the status didn't change. So I called again and the CSR said that they "might" be delivered on the 17th and to keep checking (like I have time for that, but I humored them anyway), I also asked if I could pick them up, and they told me that I could not, since the packages weren't sorted in a way that would allow me to pick them up. So they essentially held my package hostage. So nothing on the 17th and the rescheduled delivery date was never posted to the site. So on the 18th it lists it as out for delivery as of 4:30 am, so I started the timer from 9:00 am, and after work and school I arrive home at 7:30 PM. Package should be there right? It's not. I call yesterday at 9:00 PM and the silly operator said that the driver may deliver a package after 9:00 if he has time, even though she and I both knew that the cutoff time was 7:00 PM.

So, give up on the 18th and wait until this morning, the status still says out for delivery, 2/18/08. So I figure maybe he would deliver it today, after all we wouldn't want him to slide on the "ice". So I call this morning to see what the excuse would be and they tell me that it said it would be delivered yesterday and to call the shipper to put a tracer on it. This is BS. Now I don't have the slacks or the money at the moment. I'm about to call the store.

Anybody with experience with the UPS system?

UPS is trash. How the hell is ground shipping so expensive and it takes a whole @++@!!# week to get my !$#%.

USPS PRIORITY >>> *

that sucks. never used ups.. usually usps. 
and what do they do to the packages?
smile.gif

laugh.gif
@ the driver delivering a package at 9:00.Straight FOOLishnesssssssssssssss!

fedex isn't any better right now. i ordered on the 12th also and it shipped on the 16th it was supposed to arrive yesterday but it didn't for some reason and they havent updated the tracking info.

Also %+! would they ship a package further north than it needs to go? My package was coming from Tennessee to silver spring,md which is outside of D.C. But yet they shipped it to the processing center in Hagerstown,Md which is 2 hours to the north of here.

Originally Posted by angeezy

smile.gif
see who could throw it the furthest,play soccer with it, hide them when it was
time to go the managers purposely put wrong packasges on your truck to see if you catch them
steal out the boxes if it said fragile they would see who could throw it the hardest

Had the same problem with 4 packages from UPS this week. I live in DC, on a main street and they still couldn't get me my packages after four "attempts."

Originally Posted by htwn hitman

smile.gif
time to go the managers purposely put wrong packasges on your truck to see if you catch them
steal out the boxes if it said fragile they would see who could throw it the hardest

eek.gif
You guys are jerks.
laugh.gif

They never let me down though, even got my package 5 days before expected.
pimp.gif

I called the store and they said I have to wait 14 days and to call back on the 26th. Does UPS update their shipping status as lost?

I had 3 packages scheduled within the past week. The fedex one was delayed by only one day. The usps one came with no problems and faster, and when there was more snow.

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

smile.gif

eek.gif
You guys are jerks.
laugh.gif

They never let me down though, even got my package 5 days before expected.
pimp.gif

indeed. its not right but thats what happens when you piss off someone making 7$ an hour SLAVING

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

UPS & FedEx are trash. How the hell is ground shipping so expensive and it takes a whole @++@!!# week to get my !$#%.

USPS PRIORITY >>> *
Preach!

USPS sucks even worse.

Had a package sitting 90 miles west of me for the last four days.

Checked on its status this morning, and now it's 90 miles east of me.

Meh...out of Fedex, UPS and USPS...UPS has been the most reliable. Their tracking is excellent and I have yet to have any problems. I've had thousands of dollars worth of photography equipment delivered to my apartment with no issues. Fedex sometimes leaves packages in front of the door, which is straight up ******ed and USPS' tracking system is absolute doo doo.

I hate UPS. The guys that work in the facility close to me never ring the bell. Once I caught a guy writing out the missed delivery slip when I was home. I wanted to kick his %&(#&*. USPS is way better

I've had packages delivered after 9pm. This was during the holidays though and plus my driver hates me.

UPS is terrible for scheduling pickups also.

I called up and had them pickup from my house. They guy rang the bell , waited about 14 seconds and left.

I have a sprained ankle so it took me a minute to get to the door. I saw him drive away lol

USPS never steered my wrong, especially priority.

I always get my items within 3 days, no problems or anything.

As of UPS, I started buying stuff online through independent businesses and took more than a week to get here, TWICE.

Not to mention every package I get from them looks like its been opened

angeezy wrote:

smile.gif

I cussed my sup. out because of those damn service audits.
laugh.gif

Similar situation happened to me, but it was with Fed Ex. I ordered something Tuesday Feb 9th. I had the packaged shipped via $25 overnight shipping because I needed the gift by Saturday so i thought the latest I would get the gift is Friday the 12th. After calling and complaining to Fed Ex after not receiving the package over the weekend I finally got it an entire week later on Tuesday Feb 16th. Never heard of overnight shipping taking a week
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Meh...out of Fedex, UPS and USPS...UPS has been the most reliable. Their tracking is excellent and I have yet to have any problems. I've had thousands of dollars worth of photography equipment delivered to my apartment with no issues. Fedex sometimes leaves packages in front of the door, which is straight up ******ed and USPS' tracking system is absolute doo doo.
I agree. USPS and Fedex always just leaves my packages out in the open, and I live in a shady area to begin with, so my stuff always gets stolen if it's delivered by USPS and Fedex. The dude who regularly delivers to my area from UPS always physically hands the package to someone in my house.

USPS has the worst tracking system I have ever seen. I ordered something from Amazon, and I checked USPS this morning at 8:00 a.m. It said the item was still in California. I get home, and what is sitting in front of my door? The package. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom