I have an issue at work.

I'm not going to bore anyone with the specifics but I have a real problem with one of our company policies. It just doesn't make sense. It angersthe customers and when they come and complain to me I really can't do anything but agree with them. When I approached my manager about it she looks at mean says, "well its the company policy."
indifferent.gif
Lately I hadbeen ignoring it but I almost got in trobule for it this morning. Does anyone else have a rule or policy at work that they just don't agree with?

u should really post what ur problem is but...... im a manager at finishline and we have a thing called conversion which is basically that for every 5customers, 1 of them has to buy something cuz we have to run a 20 percent conversion and its the dumbest thing because how can i make someone buy something ifthey dont have any money and any time the conversion is less than a 20, the managers in our stores get chewed out by our district manager.... had to vent onthat one!!!!!

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

I'm not going to bore anyone with the specifics but I have a real problem with one of our company policies. It just doesn't make sense. It angers the customers and when they come and complain to me I really can't do anything but agree with them. When I approached my manager about it she looks at me an says, "well its the company policy."
indifferent.gif
Lately I had been ignoring it but I almost got in trobule for it this morning. Does anyone else have a rule or policy at work that they just don't agree with?
tell us what the problem is

Ok, I work at a small bank, only 8 branches. So lets say you open your account at branch# 2. If you try to go to branch#7 and withdraw money we would have tocall branch#2 and obtain a approval from the officer that opened the account. If the officer is not there for whatever reason I'm not allowed to cash thecheck, even if the account holder has ID and everything.

sounds like a tech issue...that your systems are not in sync.

How come the opening officer has to approve it? Wouldn't anyone who can access the account be able to tell you if there are sufficient funds?

Ok, I work at a small bank, only 8 branches. So lets say you open your account at branch# 2. If you try to go to branch#7 and withdraw money we would have to call branch#2 and obtain a approval from the officer that opened the account. If the officer is not there for whatever reason I'm not allowed to cash the check, even if the account holder has ID and everything.

what in the hell?

that is so stupid, how do you keep customers with a policy like that? free checking is not worth all that
laugh.gif

Ok, I work at a small bank, only 8 branches. So lets say you open your account at branch# 2. If you try to go to branch#7 and withdraw money we would have to call branch#2 and obtain a approval from the officer that opened the account. If the officer is not there for whatever reason I'm not allowed to cash the check, even if the account holder has ID and everything.

that's a ridiculous rule, id change banks if i found that out. I like the convenience and ease of using multiple branches.

i dont know how that bank continues to operate ... im not upset at a particular policy but my companies been cutting back and firing people due to the economyand yet i just recieved a bill for the food for our holiday party next month..$35K soley for food. Yet the CFO's talks cash flow issues all thetime..
grin.gif

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

what in the hell?

that is so stupid, how do you keep customers with a policy like that? free checking is not worth all that
laugh.gif

Ha! who said anything about free checking? If I had an account at the bank I would be pissed.

W
indifferent.gif
W that is very annoying. Maybe bring it up in a meeting? Mostplaces have hotlines you can call with issues that can't be solved at your particular location, try that if it's available. Otherwise, I dunno fam..Where do you live? I could see that being hell working there if it was in NY or in the hood
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

W
indifferent.gif
W that is very annoying. Maybe bring it up in a meeting? Most places have hotlines you can call with issues that can't be solved at your particular location, try that if it's available. Otherwise, I dunno fam.. Where do you live? I could see that being hell working there if it was in NY or in the hood
laugh.gif

I live in NY brotha. My branch is in the Jamaica Queens(The hood.)

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Your Bank FTL[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Wachovia, Bank of America FTW
pimp.gif
[/color]

Can you ask your boss WHY it is company policy?

And if he says, "Just because" or "That's what it is" slap that dude.

Damn
eyes.gif
I dunno what to say then. I wouldn't be able to deal withthat crap.. Things always ran smooth at my bank on 125th but the tellers always got so much *%+%.. I can't imagine what you dealin with.. What bank is it?

you could obviously try to be that implementative individual and make something happen, but you'd probably get fired
laugh.gif
Idk how to guage your situation tho. It's too many other factors thatcould affect what you got going on there and how you should act. This could easily be an opportunity to show initiative and actually help the company. Thisis why I don't want to work for "the man"

Banks have the strangest policies.

Just yesterday I tried to get gas and all I had was a 100 dollar bill. The gas station couldn't change it.

So I went to 3 different banks just to get change out of a 100 dollar bill and all 3 banks wouldn't let me do it because I wasn't a member of theirbank.

Thats probably off topic but I'd hate it for anybody that works in a banking industry... especially times like these

Back
Top Bottom