I heard a crazy whisper about SFG being the Best Mixtape Ever....

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

j-cole-the-warm-up-450x4501.jpg
>>>>>>

just gettin this mixtape & its pretty
pimp.gif
, grown simba
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by illfrozn

F ALL YA'LL!!
laugh.gif

s-carter2.jpg

you know what i completely forgot to mention this but this tape was pure
pimp.gif
.... I still 
sick.gif
 at his verse on Flava in ya hear " Ya'll monkeys cant look the lion in the face, king of da jungle @+#!+ did i mumble" Hov's swag on this tape was at an all time high

"@+#!+ you dont even know me and u mad how it feel to be a hater, now i know exactly how it feel to be a laker"

Some of ya'll are just going off personal tastes which is fine. But there are always two lists when it comes to music...your personal top whatever and the consensus top whatever

example...Nas is nowhere near my top 5, probably not even in my top 10...but I know he is a consensus top 5 rapper of all time.

As for this argument...SFG is a consensus top 5 mixtape of all time. If you don't have it in your personal top 5 makes sense cause it ain't in mine either, but you can't deny what this tape did to the game, its success, not to mention that all and all it was a pretty good mixtape. It belongs up there with the G-Units, Waynes, Trap or Dies, & MMs.

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

Originally Posted by Wade187

Honestly the numbers aren't the main reason im debating this, musically I think this is a top 3 mixtape ever. whenever i could take a tape that i completely OD'd on and play it a year later and still love the CD then ill take it anyday over most other mixtapes. Now if i was the only person who felt like that i would just chalk it up as its just me...... Unfortunately this is the thoughts of thousands of other people in the world and the entire music industry from execs to artist, he reshaped the way mixtapes are marketed and formatted. When a mixtape comes along that has Great Music and has done things unprecedented for a mixtape, then yes im inclined to call it one of the best ever.
Do you realize there has been mixtapes with Great Music and original beats prior to SFG? This is a mixtape for the mainstream that's the only difference. He didn't do anything groundbreaking, he just made a mixtape for the radio. 

and this is my problem with most cats on NT once something doesn't fit a street mode dudes automatically call it off like it's wack.. and the thing about SFG is that although it does have tracks that are radio friendly its a great mixture and even hood cats were bumping it HARD. Dudes are blinded by "Best I ever Had' if you think this tape is made for just females... the First track is a 5 minute long Rap track that he LYRICALLY destroys. Because a mixtape involves ladies doesnt mean it cant be music
grin.gif
.. I mean damn everything coming this decade aint suppose to sound like OBFCL or Illmatic. Ya'll blast the game for having no creativity, then when something else drops ya'll blast it for not being gritty enough like yall gotta choose a side G

Na fam that's not what I'm saying. Not everything has to sound the same, but I am saying that it's mainstream appeal is why it garnered it's success, and not it's quality. Where some mixtapes have sounded like hip hop albums, this sounded like a pop/r&b album. Both can be great, but only the latter is gonna receive that attention that SFG got especially at this point in time in the industry. SFG sounded like a album, because it was in fact a album he released as a mixtape (which has been done before) he hasn't released another mixtape since, and thats because he did what he aimed for which was gain that buzz. Dude went pop to reach that success, and I'm not saying theirs anything wrong with that or with SFG but it's not best anything other than best gimmick.  

I came in here to say what YoungJordan23 already said
tired.gif

Honestly, I haven't listen to any of the Mood Musik's but I HIGHLY DOUBT that they should even be in coversation for TOP MIXTAPES.

Get the heck' out here!
laugh.gif

Budden's is the next thing to Bird crap. Take that stuff somewhere else.

AND

To homie that said Dipset & G-Unit tapes would win Grammy's if they were radio friendly....

indifferent.gif
BE QUIET
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by jupiterjaywall

OK dudes are buggin in this thread. I could tell its that time where NT gets mad someone got to big and now they hate em
laugh.gif
. It was only a matter of time. How anyone could sit here and and say SFG isnt mandatory top 3 ever is laughable. there is NO mixtape that can match the combination of success, replay value, and talent displayed on this tape. I mean the tape actually spawned more hits than most *#%+!! albums, literally check the charts. As far as the impact that it had i have NEVA saw a mixtape talked about and played like this upon release.

There is really little flaws to this mixtape overall, dudes say lyrically it sub par then post trap or die, talk impact then post 50 cent, i think its just complete hate going on in this thread. There are cats in here postin WGIFC 2 like, any insert good rapper here cant replicate this betta( Jada - Champ is here,Wayne- No Cielings, Fab TINC 1&2)

Now on to the original haze topic its difficult to compare this to Joe's MM3 because the content is so different. Joe is one of my favorites ever but this tape imo isnt better than MM2 and musically cant keep up with SFG, jus like Lyrically many few artists works in general can touch MM3.
Ok.
First off

SFG isnt even Drakes best work, so how could it be one of the best mixtapes ever..

yeah yeah success blah blah blah, grammy nominated,

but did he didnt revolutionize the game the way The G-Unit Tapes/Diplomat tapes did.

They had a bigger buzz than So Far Gone, its just So Far Gone was more friendlier so it had big hit singles.

Comeback Season is a better contender for best mixtape ever than SFG..
roll.gif
 Fam you know now you know damnnnnnn well that's a lie. I'm from the BX new york and while those mixtapes were big they were no where near SFG. This mixtape had everyone playin it back, from the hood, to every college student, any female in the world, EVERYONE you know has heard so far gone. Once again dudes on NT take only Lyrical content and are quick to say 1>2... Comeback season was good but overall it wasnt anywhere close to SFG, Flow, Delivery, Concepts, Features, Production, Longjevity,(I still play congratulations & Uptown damn near daily). This Mixtape change the way mixtapes are viewed from the day it drops, mixtapes are now looked at with a album like concept, and i'm not talkin just stolen beats wit your own remixed hook.

This exactly...SFG is top 10, possibly top 5. Take it or leave it. 50 can have number 1, but SFG will be remembered. Bet that.

NT is lying to themselves. Go listen to punchlines over other people's beats and act like you're enjoying yourself.
indifferent.gif
Go listen to Drake talk about girls he will smash that you wish were you.

How can SFG be the greatest mixtape ever if its not even Drake's best.

G-Unit/Diplomats werent radio friendly, if they were, I promise you they would have gotten a grammy or a nomination.

Mood Muzik series, WGIFC series, Dedication series, TINC 1, etc are all better than SFG.

So no, SFG isnt and wont be remembered as the or one of the greatest mixtapes of all time.

Ok, personally...your little homoerotic fantasies are getting out of control...whats up with you and smashing dudes all the time? Maybe you can't relate to anything he even has to talk about because you may have never dealt with a female...that actually liked you back either and you're too busy loading up your nerf gun and taking down targets "on the block" waiting for the school bus handing out packets of baking soda and flour thinking you're moving weight rocking Fusions or something with a Fubu jersey. Kill yourself.

SFG is Drake's most commercially successful album. Appeal = Success. Look at Reasonable Doubt, never achieved that commercial success but its regarded as Jay's best work, similar to Comeback Season and thats if you consider Comeback Season to be his best which is entirely up in the air because both CS and SFG were unlike a lot of material out.

SFG will be remembered more than anything you mentioned. A free mixtape that came close to going Gold, grammy nominated, had industry vets pissing their pants, and spawned straight hits?...you're right...it won't be remembered it will just be a bar for all other free mixtapes to overcome.
eyes.gif

pleasantview-dead-cow.jpg

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

tired.gif

Honestly, I haven't listen to any of the Mood Musik's but I HIGHLY DOUBT that they should even be in coversation for TOP MIXTAPES.

Get the heck' out here!
laugh.gif

AND

To homie that said Dipset & G-Unit tapes would win Grammy's if they were radio friendly....

indifferent.gif
BE QUIET
indifferent.gif
If you haven't heard any of them then how can you form an opinion about the series?

At least listen to "All of Me" (MM3) and "3 Sides 2 a Story" (MM2)

tired.gif

Get the heck' out here!
laugh.gif

AND

indifferent.gif
BE QUIET
indifferent.gif

SHUT YO GOTDAMN *!* UP!!!

In the Club made more noise across the world than SFG, lock this bs up.

PD3 > SFG

tired.gif

Get the heck' out here!
laugh.gif

AND

indifferent.gif
BE QUIET
indifferent.gif

What an intelligent statement.

OK dudes are buggin in this thread. I could tell its that time where NT gets mad someone got to big and now they hate em
laugh.gif
. It was only a matter of time. How anyone could sit here and and say SFG isnt mandatory top 3 ever is laughable. there is NO mixtape that can match the combination of success, replay value, and talent displayed on this tape. I mean the tape actually spawned more hits than most *#%+!! albums, literally check the charts. As far as the impact that it had i have NEVA saw a mixtape talked about and played like this upon release.

There is really little flaws to this mixtape overall, dudes say lyrically it sub par then post trap or die, talk impact then post 50 cent, i think its just complete hate going on in this thread. There are cats in here postin WGIFC 2 like, any insert good rapper here cant replicate this betta( Jada - Champ is here,Wayne- No Cielings, Fab TINC 1&2)

Now on to the original haze topic its difficult to compare this to Joe's MM3 because the content is so different. Joe is one of my favorites ever but this tape imo isnt better than MM2 and musically cant keep up with SFG, jus like Lyrically many few artists works in general can touch MM3.
Ok.
First off

SFG isnt even Drakes best work, so how could it be one of the best mixtapes ever..

yeah yeah success blah blah blah, grammy nominated,

but did he didnt revolutionize the game the way The G-Unit Tapes/Diplomat tapes did.

They had a bigger buzz than So Far Gone, its just So Far Gone was more friendlier so it had big hit singles.

Comeback Season is a better contender for best mixtape ever than SFG..
roll.gif
 Fam you know now you know damnnnnnn well that's a lie. I'm from the BX new york and while those mixtapes were big they were no where near SFG. This mixtape had everyone playin it back, from the hood, to every college student, any female in the world, EVERYONE you know has heard so far gone. Once again dudes on NT take only Lyrical content and are quick to say 1>2... Comeback season was good but overall it wasnt anywhere close to SFG, Flow, Delivery, Concepts, Features, Production, Longjevity,(I still play congratulations & Uptown damn near daily). This Mixtape change the way mixtapes are viewed from the day it drops, mixtapes are now looked at with a album like concept, and i'm not talkin just stolen beats wit your own remixed hook.

This exactly...SFG is top 10, possibly top 5. Take it or leave it. 50 can have number 1, but SFG will be remembered. Bet that.

NT is lying to themselves. Go listen to punchlines over other people's beats and act like you're enjoying yourself.
indifferent.gif
Go listen to Drake talk about girls he will smash that you wish were you.

How can SFG be the greatest mixtape ever if its not even Drake's best.

G-Unit/Diplomats werent radio friendly, if they were, I promise you they would have gotten a grammy or a nomination.

Mood Muzik series, WGIFC series, Dedication series, TINC 1, etc are all better than SFG.

So no, SFG isnt and wont be remembered as the or one of the greatest mixtapes of all time.

Ok, personally...your little homoerotic fantasies are getting out of control...whats up with you and smashing dudes all the time? Maybe you can't relate to anything he even has to talk about because you may have never dealt with a female...that actually liked you back either and you're too busy loading up your nerf gun and taking down targets "on the block" waiting for the school bus handing out packets of baking soda and flour thinking you're moving weight rocking Fusions or something with a Fubu jersey. Kill yourself.

SFG is Drake's most commercially successful album. Appeal = Success. Look at Reasonable Doubt, never achieved that commercial success but its regarded as Jay's best work, similar to Comeback Season and thats if you consider Comeback Season to be his best which is entirely up in the air because both CS and SFG were unlike a lot of material out.

SFG will be remembered more than anything you mentioned. A free mixtape that came close to going Gold, grammy nominated, had industry vets pissing their pants, and spawned straight hits?...you're right...it won't be remembered it will just be a bar for all other free mixtapes to overcome.
eyes.gif

Success wise it will be remembered, but overall besides success what did it do? 
Lyrically he wasnt 
eek.gif
 us like Comeback Season.

Same for flow, etc. he had a few moments of that style but it wasnt there.

So overall I feel it cant be counted as best mixtape ever.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

F ALL YA'LL!!
laugh.gif

s-carter2.jpg

you know what i completely forgot to mention this but this tape was pure
pimp.gif
.... I still 
sick.gif
 at his verse on Flava in ya hear " Ya'll monkeys cant look the lion in the face, king of da jungle @+#!+ did i mumble" Hov's swag on this tape was at an all time high

"@+#!+ you dont even know me and u mad how it feel to be a hater, now i know exactly how it feel to be a laker"

International Hov, Blackberry Hov, European Hov, Japanese, Black, Angry, or Hurt Hov, I don't care, he was killing it with this tape ...

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

if NT was real life, DipsetGeneral would catch fade daily.
told y'all from day 1 dude was annoying
Dipset+weezy stan
smh.gif
smh.gif

I'm annoying cause I have an opinion on what is the greatest mixtape?

Your a bonehead...

I'm just disturbed by the amount of people (seemingly everyone) that ride his sack.

Frankly, he's still in my, "Who the $*!% is this guy?" category.

Back
Top Bottom