I heard a crazy whisper about SFG being the Best Mixtape Ever....

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

I dont even know why dudes are even mentioning those other mixtapes from Clipse, Weezy, etc. If it wasn't for THIS mixtape. NONE of those dudes woulda thought of making crazy mixtapes that sound like albums. This is the greatest mixtape of all time. This is what started the mixtape craze game to what it is now. Hate 50 Cent & G-Unit it or Love it but that's just what it is.
indifferent.gif

Diplomatas Vol. series started the mixtape crazy dont even front
Im not taking anything away from Diplomats and those Vol. Series
laugh.gif
. Those were crazy but NOTHING compares to what 50 & G-Unit did with the mixtape game and that one mixtape. Every ___'s was bumping it, from the little kids in grade school to old heads in the hood to white kids in the suburbs, Down south, West Coast, East & Midwest. EVERYONE. He had the game in a figure four and he had reason to. These mixtapes are classics and that one is the GOAT.

We aint even mention:
4174782599_cf77e61e49_o.jpg

These G-Unit dudes were hungry for the game
smh.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
. Dude's already forgetting they history?

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

I dont even know why dudes are even mentioning those other mixtapes from Clipse, Weezy, etc. If it wasn't for THIS mixtape. NONE of those dudes woulda thought of making crazy mixtapes that sound like albums. This is the greatest mixtape of all time. This is what started the mixtape craze game to what it is now. Hate 50 Cent & G-Unit it or Love it but that's just what it is.
indifferent.gif

Stop that.

G-Unit mixtapes and all that G-Unit Radio BS was wild. Dudes were just sittin' by the radio waiting for the word.

Somewhat true.. BUT

Everyone (including females) were claiming they were Dipset OR just said "Dipset" for the heck' of it!

You cannot tell me The Diplomats didn't have the whole nation/region on smidash'!
smh.gif
Son you stay saying the dumbest %#@+ and throwing in the dumbest logic to make sense of it. 

Dawg, aren't you suppose to be playin U-N-O with your little brother or something?

Get lost
grin.gif

indifferent.gif

Im not taking anything away from Diplomats and those Vol. Series
laugh.gif
. Those were crazy but NOTHING compares to what 50 & G-Unit did with the mixtape game and that one mixtape. Every ___'s was bumping it, from the little kids in grade school to old heads in the hood to white kids in the suburbs, Down south, West Coast, East & Midwest. EVERYONE. He had the game in a figure four and he had reason to. These mixtapes are classics and that one is the GOAT.

We aint even mention:

These G-Unit dudes were hungry for the game
smh.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
. Dude's already forgetting they history?

the Unit had a bigger world wide buzz i cant even front but dont even front like you wasnt rocking american flag bandanas and size 8 fitteds cuz them boys from harlem

not to mention the epicness of this intro

OK dudes are buggin in this thread. I could tell its that time where NT gets mad someone got to big and now they hate em
laugh.gif
. It was only a matter of time. How anyone could sit here and and say SFG isnt mandatory top 3 ever is laughable. there is NO mixtape that can match the combination of success, replay value, and talent displayed on this tape. I mean the tape actually spawned more hits than most *#%+!! albums, literally check the charts. As far as the impact that it had i have NEVA saw a mixtape talked about and played like this upon release.

There is really little flaws to this mixtape overall, dudes say lyrically it sub par then post trap or die, talk impact then post 50 cent, i think its just complete hate going on in this thread. There are cats in here postin WGIFC 2 like, any insert good rapper here cant replicate this betta( Jada - Champ is here,Wayne- No Cielings, Fab TINC 1&2)

Now on to the original haze topic its difficult to compare this to Joe's MM3 because the content is so different. Joe is one of my favorites ever but this tape imo isnt better than MM2 and musically cant keep up with SFG, jus like Lyrically many few artists works in general can touch MM3.

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

OK dudes are buggin in this thread. I could tell its that time where NT gets mad someone got to big and now they hate em
laugh.gif
. It was only a matter of time. How anyone could sit here and and say SFG isnt mandatory top 3 ever is laughable. there is NO mixtape that can match the combination of success, replay value, and talent displayed on this tape. I mean the tape actually spawned more hits than most *#%+!! albums, literally check the charts. As far as the impact that it had i have NEVA saw a mixtape talked about and played like this upon release.

There is really little flaws to this mixtape overall, dudes say lyrically it sub par then post trap or die, talk impact then post 50 cent, i think its just complete hate going on in this thread. There are cats in here postin WGIFC 2 like, any insert good rapper here cant replicate this betta( Jada - Champ is here,Wayne- No Cielings, Fab TINC 1&2)

Now on to the original haze topic its difficult to compare this to Joe's MM3 because the content is so different. Joe is one of my favorites ever but this tape imo isnt better than MM2 and musically cant keep up with SFG, jus like Lyrically many few artists works in general can touch MM3.
Ok.
First off

SFG isnt even Drakes best work, so how could it be one of the best mixtapes ever..

yeah yeah success blah blah blah, grammy nominated,

but did he didnt revolutionize the game the way The G-Unit Tapes/Diplomat tapes did.

They had a bigger buzz than So Far Gone, its just So Far Gone was more friendlier so it had big hit singles.

Comeback Season is a better contender for best mixtape ever than SFG..

People get so caught up just cause Drake put a single on a mixtape. That's like take a 50 mixtape and put "In Da Club" on it and then its like OMGZ 50 got major airplay off his mixtape must be the greatest thing ever.

FALL BACK!

Originally Posted by jupiterjaywall

laugh.gif

Ok.
First off

SFG isnt even Drakes best work, so how could it be one of the best mixtapes ever..

yeah yeah success blah blah blah, grammy nominated,

but did he didnt revolutionize the game the way The G-Unit Tapes/Diplomat tapes did.

They had a bigger buzz than So Far Gone, its just So Far Gone was more friendlier so it had big hit singles.

Comeback Season is a better contender for best mixtape ever than SFG..
roll.gif
 Fam you know now you know damnnnnnn well that's a lie. I'm from the BX new york and while those mixtapes were big they were no where near SFG. This mixtape had everyone playin it back, from the hood, to every college student, any female in the world, EVERYONE you know has heard so far gone. Once again dudes on NT take only Lyrical content and are quick to say 1>2... Comeback season was good but overall it wasnt anywhere close to SFG, Flow, Delivery, Concepts, Features, Production, Longjevity,(I still play congratulations & Uptown damn near daily). This Mixtape change the way mixtapes are viewed from the day it drops, mixtapes are now looked at with a album like concept, and i'm not talkin just stolen beats wit your own remixed hook.

laugh.gif

only thing SFG did better than anyother mixtape was the buzz it created
[TI] don't be a groupie keep it moving [TI]

and here we go with the groupie talk
laugh.gif
 as soon as the words drake comes across the screen its the first thing that pops in yall minds. Once a $@@%# realizes he has a buzz and capitalizes on it NT puts there pom pombs down and goes to find the next internet $@@%#(Now J.Cole, til hov gives him a album then he will "suck").... Fam im one of da biggest Joe fans here... same with Cam, but when discussing greatest mixtape ever how are you leave off a mixtape that is WITHOUT QUESTION THE MOST SUCCESSFUL MIXTAPE EVER?.... Ya'll dudes are in here runnin rampid wit personal favorites and that not what we are discussing
grin.gif
. Would u like em betta if he was flippin katana's in his videos wit timbs on

laugh.gif
 as soon as the words drake comes across the screen its the first thing that pops in yall minds. Once a $@@%# realizes he has a buzz and capitalizes on it NT puts there pom pombs down and goes to find the next internet $@@%#(Now J.Cole, til hov gives him a album then he will "suck").... Fam im one of da biggest Joe fans here... same with Cam, but when discussing greatest mixtape ever how are you leave off a mixtape that is WITHOUT QUESTION THE MOST SUCCESSFUL MIXTAPE EVER?.... Ya'll dudes are in here runnin rampid wit personal favorites and that not what we are discussing
grin.gif

Why is it the most successful? Because it was nominated for a grammy? Because he signed a deal from it? I still think Drought 3 was more powerful as far as bringing in success. Yeah Best I ever Had was everywhere but Drought 3 ruled Facebook and streets for months. (I'm not saying it's the best but if you gonna throw in SFG JUST because it brought a lot of fans in then Drought 3 will have to be included and rated higher)

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

laugh.gif
grin.gif

Why is it the most successful? Because it was nominated for a grammy? Because he signed a deal from it? I still think Drought 3 was more powerful as far as bringing in success. Yeah Best I ever Had was everywhere but Drought 3 ruled Facebook and streets for months. (I'm not saying it's the best but if you gonna throw in SFG JUST because it brought a lot of fans in then Drought 3 will have to be included and rated higher)

1)A Grammy nod, 500k scanned on Soundscan for a version of da mixtape that came out 4 months after wit only 8 tracks, catapaulted him on to EVERYONES singles, and gave him the biggest buzz in the entire music industry, all while being relatively unknown in da hip hop world months prior... yea i think that's kinda a big deal.
2) I personally have no problem adding in drought 3 if people are gonna add in Trap or die, or WGIFC

laugh.gif
grin.gif

Really? So if we ask 10 people on the street if they've heard D3 or SFG, you're telling me more would have heard D3?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The funny thing is I don't even believe you believe what you're saying.

Oh, and your Weezy riding is disgusting. Hop off.

It's funny, comparing G-Unit/Dipset mixtapes to Drake's...y'all have to remember that SFH is very radio friendly. You could damn near play the whole mixtape on the radio or on MTV. The Dipset and G-Unit tapes were hard core rap tapes. G-Unit was on some other street @@*!, that was pure NY street music. So to say that Drake's autotune CD had a bigger buzz is just buffoonery, it's not touching "No Mercy, No Fear", "50 Cent Is The Future" or "God's Plan". Dipset 1-4 were dumb hard too, Drake is not in the same league, he belongs with Sean Kingston and T-Pain.

laugh.gif
grin.gif

1)A Grammy nod, 500k scanned on Soundscan for a version of da mixtape that came out 4 months after wit only 8 tracks, catapaulted him on to EVERYONES singles, and gave him the biggest buzz in the entire music industry, all while being relatively unknown in da hip hop world months prior... yea i think that's kinda a big deal.
2) I personally have no problem adding in drought 3 if people are gonna add in Trap or die, or WGIFC
prior to SFG's release he had a decent buzz already

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

It's funny, comparing G-Unit/Dipset mixtapes to Drake's...y'all have to remember that SFH is very radio friendly. You could damn near play the whole mixtape on the radio or on MTV. The Dipset and G-Unit tapes were hard core rap tapes. G-Unit was on some other street @@*!, that was pure NY street music. So to say that Drake's autotune CD had a bigger buzz is just buffoonery, it's not touching "No Mercy, No Fear", "50 Cent Is The Future" or "God's Plan". Dipset 1-4 were dumb hard too, Drake is not in the same league, he belongs with Sean Kingston and T-Pain.
ohwell.gif
 Your Lying - Jay-Z Voice

laugh.gif
grin.gif

So we just gonna forget he had a Degrassi audience and was linked to Trey Songz and Lil Wayne prior to this while the other "mixtape movements" were solely based off the own artist's merit? Ok I peeped game.

[table][tr][td]
So we just gonna forget he had a Degrassi audience and was linked to Trey Songz and Lil Wayne prior to this while the other "mixtape movements" were solely based off the own artist's merit? Ok I peeped game.

his buzz off that trey track in 2006 actually set his rap career back. And before SFG drake wasn't being called up to be doing no features, videos, hell not one average rap fan could give u a drake song.He had the buzz J.cole has now, minus the regards his fans hold him in. Meanwhile Every other Mixtape mentioned here is from artist who are hundreds of songs into there careers, and well known at least on the mixtape scene.

[/td][/tr][tr][td]http://mosthated770.niketalk.yuku.com/[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]

his buzz off that trey track in 2006 actually set his rap career back. And before SFG drake wasn't being called up to be doing no features, videos, hell not one average rap fan could give u a drake song.He had the buzz J.cole has now, minus the regards his fans hold him in. Meanwhile Every other Mixtape mentioned here is from artist who are hundreds of songs into there careers, and well known at least on the mixtape scene.

[/td][/tr][tr][td]http://mosthated770.niketalk.yuku.com/
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Okkkk. But doesnt that happen to every rapper after a successful mixtape? Kid Cudi worked w/ Jay-Z, David Guetta ( An extremely famous electronica DJ), Kanye, did the Transformers soundtrack all off a mixtape? Does that make it one of the greatest mixtapes ever? No. When you say best most people talk about quality but Drake fans (and a lot of Jay fans) say stupid #+%! like "Numbers don't lie". And I'm not even hating on Drake I like SFG it was hit or miss for me some songs I love some songs get the instant skip but overall it's solid. It's just I cant have a conversation with their fans cause they act like he's the 2n coming of christ holding the music industry on his back. He's a rapper who makes catchy songs and talks about easily relate-able topics. He's not that nice.

Honestly the numbers aren't the main reason im debating this, musically I think this is a top 3 mixtape ever. whenever i could take a tape that i completely OD'd on and play it a year later and still love the CD then ill take it anyday over most other mixtapes. Now if i was the only person who felt like that i would just chalk it up as its just me...... Unfortunately this is the thoughts of thousands of other people in the world and the entire music industry from execs to artist, he reshaped the way mixtapes are marketed and formatted. When a mixtape comes along that has Great Music and has done things unprecedented for a mixtape, then yes im inclined to call it one of the best ever.

Yall are crazy to believe that SFG is anywhere close to best mixtape ever. He did exactly what everyone was doing in the industry with the whole auto tune thing. That was a R&B mixtape point blank. That's the only reason it got that buzz it got is because the females felt it. Most cats is happy they have creative control so they showcasing skill, and doing things that their labels won't let them do on their albums. Comparing SFG to the Dips tapes and G unit tapes is apples to oranges. SFG was made for the mainstream, those other tapes got that buzz solely off of the quality of music and they was coming with street #$$+, and their own sound.

Honestly the numbers aren't the main reason im debating this, musically I think this is a top 3 mixtape ever. whenever i could take a tape that i completely OD'd on and play it a year later and still love the CD then ill take it anyday over most other mixtapes. Now if i was the only person who felt like that i would just chalk it up as its just me...... Unfortunately this is the thoughts of thousands of other people in the world and the entire music industry from execs to artist, he reshaped the way mixtapes are marketed and formatted. When a mixtape comes along that has Great Music and has done things unprecedented for a mixtape, then yes im inclined to call it one of the best ever.
Do you realize there has been mixtapes with Great Music and original beats prior to SFG? This is a mixtape for the mainstream that's the only difference. He didn't do anything groundbreaking, he just made a mixtape for the radio. 

Back
Top Bottom