I HONESTLY FEEL SORRY FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO SHAKE SHACK BURGER

In-N-Out legit got like 5 items on the menu and people out here go so crazy over it :smh: .  The fries are garbage, the burger is regular as Hell :lol: , and it's ALWAYS packed no matter what time you go.  I don't care about that garbage *** animal style dressing either.  I hate thousand island.

I agree.

I live in Vegas, and I still don't understand the hype.

Weak *** joint!

I heard it's not worth it. They opened one here in Atlanta. Always a line out the door...

Hardly ever see Black ppl in the line though 
laugh.gif

:lol: how u know I wasn't insinuating us going to lunch
And discussing our different points of view on tipping
in a respectful manner :lol:

i wouldn't want to go eat lunch because then i would have to leave the tip. i find it hard to believe we could come to an honest conclusion, i think your mind is made up on the manner.

:lol: how u know I wasn't insinuating us going to lunch
And discussing our different points of view on tipping
in a respectful manner :lol:

i wouldn't want to go eat lunch because then i would have to leave the tip. i find it hard to believe we could come to an honest conclusion, i think your mind is made up on the manner.

So youre saying you wouldnt tip?

I heard it's not worth it. They opened one here in Atlanta. Always a line out the door...

Hardly ever see Black ppl in the line though :lol:

Place is overrated. ATL has a huge burger culture so Shake Shack is only hot with NY transplants or people who heard about it online.

In N Out is good for fast food but doesnt hold a flame to boutique burger spots.

In-N-Out does,  every single day.

:rofl:

Alright i'll stop before you guys start to think i'm actually upset.  I'm not picky at all when it comes to food, I just don't understand how/why this place gets so much hype.

I worked at In N Out throughout my teenage years. There, I learned that In N Out handles everything differently every day.

Everyday,
-Lettuce is leafed
-Tomatoes are cut
-Onions are chopped
-Potatoes are peeled and washed.

The manager is told by corporate, what temperature water (cold, warm etc) the cut fries need to sit in after being cut. Not only that, theres different temps in the oil and different amount of time it takes to cook a batch of fries each day.

You want your fries a certain way, tell the cashier.
-Soggy fries- tell them to under cook them
-Crunchy fries- tell them WELL DONE FRIES
-No Salt- Tell them no salt.

One thing In n Out does that I dislike is that they use PC (precooked) fries. This means if 2 boats of fires are just sitting there and no burgers are coming out, those 2 boats get put back into the fryer 10-20 seconds before the batch is done to reheat.

When you get that burnt fry, you know why.

I worked at In N Out throughout my teenage years. There, I learned that In N Out handles everything differently every day.

Everyday,
-Lettuce is leafed
-Tomatoes are cut
-Onions are chopped
-Potatoes are peeled and washed.

The manager is told by corporate, what temperature water (cold, warm etc) the cut fries need to sit in after being cut. Not only that, theres different temps in the oil and different amount of time it takes to cook a batch of fries each day.

You want your fries a certain way, tell the cashier.
-Soggy fries- tell them to under cook them
-Crunchy fries- tell them WELL DONE FRIES
-No Salt- Tell them no salt.

One thing In n Out does that I dislike is that they use PC (precooked) fries. This means if 2 boats of fires are just sitting there and no burgers are coming out, those 2 boats get put back into the fryer 10-20 seconds before the batch is done to reheat.

When you get that burnt fry, you know why.
I don't mind the re-fry. I like them well done anyway lol.

So youre saying you wouldnt tip?

i just said i would have to leave the tip because he wouldnt
Id probably pocket ur tip after u got up to leave just cause
:rofl:

I'm pretty sure every made to order fast food burger spot reheats fries.

You know how much money they'd lose if they just left all those fries that didn't make it into the boat go to waste?

In-N-Out is good for what it is. A fast food burger. You go in expecting anything else then you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Last edited:
I mess w/ all these joints. They're all good to me.

Shake Shack is too pricey for my broke *** though so that's why I would lean towards In n Out if I was buying on my own.

I feel like most people that hate In n Out are ones that had it ruined ahead of time from everyone telling them for longest time that it was the greatest thing ever. That always ruins perception of anything from all the hype.

oh what, there is officially going to be a shake shack in cali? yea once thats here, none of the cali folks will be impressed anymore with the shack.

the allure of wanting shake shack for us west coast folks was because it isn't accessible. for the socal folks , im sure it will be poppin at first, then when people start realizing, why it cost more than in and out when it isn't even better than in and out, and prob just on the same level.. they gonna bounce.

i dont think its honestly overrated (in and out) unless people come to comparing it. like i said, in and out is just another option for fast food burgers. if we wanted the "best" quality without thinking of the cost, heck yea we wouldn't be talking in and out.

View media item 1956840
for the price its tough to beat. it has quality to back it up as well. that is why i think many from cali will always side with in and out. when we try shake shack, thers no arguing it also provides quality burgers and fries, but at what cost:

View media item 1956841
gonna be $11 bucks for a double shack burger. i got 3 double doubles from in and out at that price. the problem is that $11 double shack burger, (and here is where its arguable) isn't even as good, or it's just as good, or barely better, than the $3.xx double double from in and out. not like your getting more burger for the $ too.

Back
Top Bottom