I JUST MET GENTRY!!!!!!! no pics - INFO!!!!

EDIT: LOOKS LIKE EVERYTHING I SAID HAS COME TRUE.
indifferent.gif
TO THOSE THATCALLED DUCKTALES ON ME.

gave info about:
23's description was dead on.
birmingham baron inspired air jordan 1's
air jordan fusions(5 and 12)
NO SLAM DUNK PACKAGE!

ORIGINAL POST:
First of all, no pics. Sorry.

I met Gentry Humphrey at Gregory Hall. He made a visit to the University of Illinois and was speaking to a business class (I assume, I heard about this secondhand and snuck in). About 30 kids in the room.

There was a presentation, and then he revealed some shoes: Chris Paul's, Melo's, CG Spizike, PE Ray Allen 8's (white/green and black green) Thencame the 23's. The sketches clearly depict the White/Grey/Caro version. For some reason, they have the profile of the Jordan 18.5 IMO. We also were shownthe white/black/red(the red stitching is modeled from MJ's signature. The black/silver/red were next. Very subtle. Gentry was BEASTING the LE 23's. AndI quote "If there's one shoe that you have to have, it's these". He took out a pair of AJ 1 Xq. He then surprised everyone by introducing theBirmingham Baron inspired Air Jordan 1. All black shoe, patent leather swoosh. The toe is pinstriped canvas. Next up were the fusions. Air Jordan 12 Playoffs.He was wearing Taxi's. He pulled out the second fusion series. Jordan 5- Black/Carolina.

The session ended with a Q&A section. I asked about the possibilty of another Dorenbacher collabo and he said not in 08, but yes to the future. My friendasked about the possibility of a slam dunk package. He said that there was one in the works, but it has currently been scrapped. Michael Jordan is signed withNike until 2023. He stayed for about an hour meeting with everyone, answering questions, and taking resumes. I shook his hand, and thanked him for coming down.I asked if there was going to be a 8/15 countdown package and he said yes. I asked if there was ever a possibility of Nike Air on a Jordan, and he said herespects collectors, but theyre working with the idea in the countdown packages. Pic to his autograph below. Pic of me and him coming soon hopefully to proveall non believers wrong.

I don't have a camera, someone else took it. Ps. My exact words "I'm glad you don't listen to users of Niketalk. Thanks for the goodwork" Him"Ive been dealing with it for the last ten years..." sorry guys, I wanted my questions ANSWERED though... I took one for the team. Nowhit me with a stone face
frown.gif

PROOF THAT I MET HIM

Damn, son. You could have spaced some stuff out. Maybe a list or something.

BUT, I call Ducktales.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by willsndvl

Damn, son. You could have spaced some stuff out. Maybe a list or something.

BUT, I call Ducktales.
nerd.gif

I believe him. He was probably so excited he just started typing.

I believe him. Somebody else posted about those Grey Spizikes releasing next year like a week ago.

EDIT: You took him out for dinner? How sweet!
laugh.gif
j/p

Sounds like that seminar went good. Congrats on meeting Gentry, but you should've clowned his+*+$!
laugh.gif

damn... all I really wanted was those black III's in the slam dunk package... looks like I'll have to wait longer for them now

omg how could they scrap the slam dunk pack
2's and 3's sounded like a good combo. you can
never go wrong with high top 2's and a non white-based 3

Thanks for the info and you sounded really excited but how about going through your post and editing it and making a list of stuff instead of a huge jumbled upbunch of info... If you could take the time to edit it and make it into a list and have stuff spaced out that would be helpful to alot of people on here...Thanks for the info though...

If they scrapped the slam dunk pack I'm pissed!!! That was one of the ONLY packs i was planning on copping next year... Looks like they keep saving me moreand more money...

BUT with the "HINT" of "POSSIBLE" return of NIKE AIR... If I had to guess I'd say it would either be on the Black III's or BlackIV's but again that is JUST A GUESS but either of those shoes would REALLY make sense. I could see it happening on the III more then any other shoe sincethat's MJ's favorite model... Time, will tell...

Can't this be an update on the 2008 countdown post since it mentioned some of the packs possibly having NIKE AIR on it?
ohwell.gif

I would really appreciate it if some higher JB officials came and confirmed this.

Edit: CG spizike are up for grabs in terms of release.

For some reason, somebody asked about Air Randy, and apparently Gentry and JB know who it is. He said don't expect too much from him in the future...

He said don't expect too much from him in the future

I've been questioning how they (among a few others) got stuff so far in advance. When our inventory gets cut back on our orders because there wasn'tenough shipped out from the factory, I kinda got my answer.

Back
Top Bottom