I just yelled at my boss... Update on pg 8

100 replies and still no OP???

ducktales.jpg

Originally Posted by All Ready

she'll act like it never happened until the project is finished

then you'll be finished as well

even if you go to hr and they believe you they'll still let you go over her, you're just an intern

they'll let you go later on down the road and act like it was for another offence/reason

this^^.
but definitely go to HR and definitely have your !@!$ in order.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

going to HR b/c a boss talked to you in mean way within earshot of other people?....seriously?
Yeah, seriously.  In this overly politically correct country we live in, I have seen civilians that I worked with get counseled for things like that.  If it's happening in the DOD like that, I am guessing that it is crazier out in the real world.
I am not saying it's right, but you have to really watch the way you talk to subordinates nowadays.  GOD forbid you're white and publicly berate a minority - stand by to stand by.   You will be hearing from HR.  Again, it's kind of weak, but that the way things are heading.

Originally Posted by Eyrkel

Take it to her bosses and watch the !*!$ show, honestly anyone would've done the same thing.

her bosses wont do a damn thing, except fire you themselves

I'm sure there wont be an update for a while. I mean if you were worried you might have just lost your job, the last thing you'd be doing is surfing NT....he'll have plenty of time for that later on. 
laugh.gif
frown.gif

going to HR b/c a boss talked to you in mean way within earshot of other people?....seriously?

Self-esteem generation man. Let us cook positively.

I agree with you.

The best thing to do in those situations is take the power away from that weaker person who can do nothing but yell. YOU should've closed the door, looked at her sternly and said "I'm not sure what you're accustomed to, but I you will not speak to me this way" and just walked out.

Then let her sweat overreacting while you cool off.

You lost your cool, so you lost. Even if you don't lose the job, do you really think you want to continue working there after your internship is up? That would be a little awkward and she would probably be looking to sabotage you whenever the opportunity arises.

Finish up and keep it moving. Lesson learned.

i had to go to HR recently over some feedback my new manager gave me. which i felt was totally out of character and semi-threatening, dude told me he observed 2 conversations i had with customers and said the feedback he was about to give me is typical of people he's about to let go. also he said it sounded like i gave up and didn't want to be there. no mind you this was a new promotion I just received and this was his 2nd assessment of my work since coming out of training 2 weeks prior. Also he assessment of my work was in complete contrast of what my other trainers and observers told me after their monitors. Now I was going to just let it go but I said something to my job-coach who set up a meeting with our site manager and HR. needless to say that was over a month ago and I have not seen my manager since, because he's been out on admin. leave. now granted there has far more to this story and his behavior but go to HR because it may not be the only complaint against that person.

Originally Posted by trunks206

I'm sure there wont be an update for a while. I mean if you were worried you might have just lost your job, the last thing you'd be doing is surfing NT....he'll have plenty of time for that later on. 
laugh.gif
frown.gif

O no hes reading this thread.  Believe that. 

I see what you mean, but there's definitely a line between talking mean to someone and being unprofessionally disrespectful.

I feel like no matter what position one is in in the office, they should respect others.

scshift wrote:
Dirtylicious wrote:

I see what you mean, but there's definitely a line between talking mean to someone and being unprofessionally disrespectful.

I feel like no matter what position one is in in the office, they should respect others.

If OP story is true.. she was out of line.. but Op shouldn't lost his temper.. It may have cost him in the long run..

OP what you probably did was not the smartest thing to do but I can definitely see where your coming from. Despite the economy and how hard it is to get a job, if I were in your position, I would have probably done the same thing. Not a good move but I just can't walk away with someone straight disrespecting me like that.

Man, it's just an internship. That's what those things are for, to learn how to manage a corporate environment.

Yeah, some people parlay internships into full-time opportunities, but it's gotta be the right gig at the right company. Doesn't seem like this was the right one for you, or you probably would have bit your tongue.

Oh so just because she's his supervisor he's supposed to just let her son him in front of everyone?
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom