I knew real estate was cheap in Atlanta BUT MY GOODNESS

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Yeah, houses are way cheaper in the south. We have a pretty large house and paid well under a million for it. But it's appraised for over a million
This house is actually in my neighborhood going for $1,999,990
http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...e-Pl_Madison_AL_35758_M87570-71982?source=web

l5065bc42-m0x.jpg

l5065bc42-m4x.jpg

l5065bc42-m8x.jpg

l5065bc42-m16x.jpg

l5065bc42-m22x.jpg

l5065bc42-m23x.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I'M LOOKING AT A HOUSE NOW IN THE HOUSTON, TX AREA THAT LOOKS SIMILAR. NOT AS BIG BUT SAME BRICK AND ROOF BUILD AND GENERAL LAYOUT.

WISH I COULD GRAB ONE THAT BIG THO
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by DrTobaggan

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

...yet more people have moved to Texas than any almost any other state in the past 10 years
laugh.gif

Yeah Texas is number 3 in growth. 

#1 is Wyoming and #2 is Utah.

Just because your growing doesn't mean it's the place to be.
wink.gif

Got em, and you gonna sit there and front like half of those aren't illegals from South America. States like that are for people who can't make it in places like New York.

roll.gif
roll.gif
Wait...what? Why yall getting so mad for. New York New York is still a cool place to visit but hardly anyone wants to live there. You dont have to go to NY to "make it" anymore. So people are moving to places where you can actually live comfortably.

Originally Posted by TkTheGirl

You can actually do better and have better location, its some hidden gems between the west Marietta to Atlanta short cut.
You always get more for your money.
Personally I never saw the advantage to any of the more expensive cities that give you less.
Most of them look depressing and stinky to live in except cities in Florida and California.

Access...

i love going to visit atlanta but i would never live there...
to me its so far from everything and everyone...its just atlanta...

in va i'm right next to md/dc
nc...sc...philly...ny arent far compared to if i was coming from atl

plus of course the national govt if thats your thing...

theres a lot of traffic here and depending on where you live stuff might seem far but when i'm in atl i feel like we have to get on the highway to go everywhere and there's always traffic...you can sit in the exit lane for what feels like forever just trying to get to the damn mall...seems like everytime i go i spend half the time there in traffic...even once you get off the highway there's *$@$%$@ traffic only time there isnt is like 2am

we have it here to of course but it feel so much worse in atl

plus i heard the job market wasn't to great out there...dont know how true that is..i've seen some friends with nice apts. out there that are pretty cheap but i'm good on living there...

tha DMV question has been answered like 20 times already
laugh.gif

Got em, and you gonna sit there and front like half of those aren't illegals from South America. States like that are for people who can't make it in places like New York.
Can't make it huh ?
laugh.gif

NYC elitism is funny man. In reality NYC is the breeding ground for everything wrong in this country. So keep bragging. I'm out here on white sand beaches starting my own **#%, while your getting +!!$## in your !%+ by Mr. Wall Street in a dirty congested corrupt city.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

does it really suck to live in ATL?

I'm not a fan of Atlanta at all. areas outside of the city are nice though.

The south is where it's at though. Give me a couple acres and I'll be good.

Originally Posted by sonunox34

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by cartune

Shleep these houses im lookin at for the 2hundun tho 
pimp.gif

Another reason the south >>>

Cheap houses means no one wants to live there. Someone please post that house from Detroit that costs like $9k 
grin.gif

this...thats the kicker, bait, trap, that get a lot of people...

You NYC people crack me up. Couldnt make it in New York? Give me a ##$$%*% break. Ever though there are people who prefer living in a city that doesnt smell like #!%$? Ever thought there are people who dont like large city living? Ever think there are people who hate cold weather? Unbelievable.

NYC and L.A. are GREAT cities, but you would have to pay me a large chunk of money to ever live in those cities. Not my idea of great life.

Funny how nobody wants to live in the south but 8 of the U.S. 20 largest cities are in the South and 5 of the top 20 in Texas...

Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Jacksonville, Austin, Fort Worth, Charlottle, Memphis

MyTMouse,

From what I heard speaking to ATL residents I went to school with, the job market down there is awful. The advice I was given is if you don't have anything lined up, don't move down here.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Funny how nobody wants to live in the south but 8 of the U.S. 20 largest cities are in the South and 5 of the top 20 in Texas...

Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Jacksonville, Austin, Fort Worth, Charlottle, Memphis

Just because alot of people live there doesn't mean thats where people want to be.

Most people don't live in mansions. Does that mean most people don't want to live in mansions?

I never said the South was a bad place to live. But your argument doesn't really prove anything.

THIS.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by politicsasusual

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Son you can get this for 2 mill in Houston 
laugh.gif

hr2581919-17.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Where do I sign?!

incredible. real talk, if i ever step up into money like that, i'd seriously consider moving to the midwest...

laugh.gif
I live literally next door to this house on the left. Its been on the market for 1.5 years started off at $2.6 million (way overpriced). Our house just finished last april. Great neighborhood, 9,000 sq. ft, 8 bdrm, 7 bathrooms and 2 half- baths, a little under $2 million. Texas #winning.

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

Originally Posted by DT43

some of those houses are dope, but i wouldnt actually want to live in some of those places.

house prices in DMV are straight up ridiculous, but i'm probably gonna end up settling somewhere around here

400k for a 3 bedroom 1500sq ft townhouse in the DMV.  :smh
That's why you move to Southern maryland, buy that townhouse for 260,000 and commute to DC everyday.

Just because alot of people live there doesn't mean thats where people want to be.

Most people don't live in mansions. Does that mean most people don't want to live in mansions?

I never said the South was a bad place to live. But your argument doesn't really prove anything.

laugh.gif
 You're trying too hard

laugh.gif
 You're trying too hard

Way too hard

Originally Posted by BananaBoy2601

eek.gif
 There are condos that cost more than that around here! I'm curious what kind of jobs are out there?

The economy didnt hit Texas as hard as other states, thats why alot of people are moving down here. With that being said, its not like jobs are abundant.

people are just ignorant

texas is killing it.

that 64 million dollar house is a fluke.

if you drop that one million that the op was talking about

you'll get dozens of acres and a COMPOUND or MANSION. whichever you prefer

laugh.gif
 You're trying too hard

Way too hard

I'll just assume it went over your head because you're from the south.

Back
Top Bottom