I knew real estate was cheap in Atlanta BUT MY GOODNESS

I'm def moving back to Houston after college.

Bigger houses, smaller price>>>>>> Smaller houses, bigger price

NY only seems like a tourist attraction to me, not a permanent residence.

I could live in Cali and raise a family but the cost of living is too ridiculous for me.

Dudes always trying to act like they too good for the South.

We don't need you $%$%$.

Bieber-Deal-with-it.gif

Originally Posted by juggy4805

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

Originally Posted by DT43

some of those houses are dope, but i wouldnt actually want to live in some of those places.

house prices in DMV are straight up ridiculous, but i'm probably gonna end up settling somewhere around here

400k for a 3 bedroom 1500sq ft townhouse in the DMV.  :smh
That's why you move to Southern maryland, buy that townhouse for 260,000 and commute to DC everyday.

You talking about Charles, St Mary's etc counties?
How would the commute to DC on 495 everyday be?

Living in Moco I drive 5 minutes to the nearest station and take the redline. Never more than an hour of commute time.

These are all the houses left over from the McMansion housing boom/bubble of the early 2000's. Builders built houses like this because there was so much money going around with all the sub prime mortgage fraud going on and basically anybody was getting a loan to do their "american dream" bitand the mortgage officer, realtor and title company weren't doint no complaining with all those hefty commission checks. Material wise for a contractor it doesn't cost that much to build a house (say a 2 story 2k sq ft. $200,000. in TX may actually cost $60,000. to put together) At closing builder just made 140,000 profit off of one house. Now imagine entire subdivisions like this.

Most people ain't getting nowhere near the asking prices for they home. Used to see neighborhoods full of mansions just empty or just about burned down for insurance money.

But the foreclosure market here is great, i think that's why Dallas and Houston absorbed most of the new movers in the country according to the census.

400k for a 3 bedroom 1500sq ft townhouse in the DMV.  :smh
That's why you move to Southern maryland, buy that townhouse for 260,000 and commute to DC everyday.

Living in Moco I drive 5 minutes to the nearest station and take the redline. Never more than an hour of commute time.

Wait is that a typo? Because you can buy a townhouse for that much in Montgomery.

I would like to move out of NY but nowhere TOO far like Texas, just saving $$$ for that home down payment without a loan.

I just don't know how the job market is in these other areas, I have my BA degree which is fine but the pay would be significantly less (but in the end, rent/mortgage is significantly less in these area's as well).

we moved from Long Beach CA to houston
1st yr sucked, but ehh it aint too bad. ive seen a lot of growth in the last 4 years and its only getting bigger
IMO if i had the money id move back to SoCal in a heart beat, no other place like it point blank
but houston is also a great place to raise a fam in better areas for half the cost. our house here isnt no masion but its deff a lot bigger then the house we had in CA. and we aint in the hood anymore!! lol
though ill be #westcoast till the day i die houston is straight..

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

I'm def moving back to Houston after college.

Bigger houses, smaller price>>>>>> Smaller houses, bigger price

NY only seems like a tourist attraction to me, not a permanent residence.

I could live in Cali and raise a family but the cost of living is too ridiculous for me.

Dudes always trying to act like they too good for the South.

We don't need you $%$%$.

Bieber-Deal-with-it.gif

Tourist attraction? 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

people are just ignorant

THIS.
They are great places to live & raise a family everywhere – not just NYC or CA.

NYC is awesome, but I wouldn't feel comfortable living there without at least $20 million (probably more like $50 million).

The cost of how I like to live would be way too expensive for me.

BTW, I'm closing on 5,400 sq. ft. @ $356,000 next week... Charlotte, NC 
glasses.gif

Hmm I guess living like a King in an undesirable location ain't too bad. I'm copping a weekend getaway Mansion in the Texas.

It is what it is I would move to Atl to raise my family but I would always be in NYC that's where it's at you would have to be from here to understand it.It's not hard to maintain in NYC if you focused my family came here in the mid 70's and early 80's and we alright .If you not a hustler you can't survive New York City you will be swallowed alive.

As far as them houses go in Atl I rather look up on the foreclosure list from the court houses I remember seen houses marked at 1.6 going for 500k pool,jacuzzi,marble floor,cherry wood etc

I think Texas is pretty damn cool. I just hate seeing all the Cowboys jerseys everywhere
laugh.gif

Wish I could pick that thing up and move it to The City.

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

Originally Posted by BK201

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

*DEAD*

D.C., MARYLAND, VIRGINIA FAM

Thank you sir.
Never really understood that is like said M.R.C M!*+, RI, Conn 
laugh.gif

is just me though
Only difference is, DMV > those states. 
We get our own nickname 
tongue.gif

And why the hell has  that same question been answered 100 times in this thread? 
laugh.gif

And I'ma tell you guys right now, the commute from Charles county to DC everyday would DESTROY your wallets for gas/metro

But damn you can get a nice *$+ house out there. My folks just dropped a mill on a crib this past year and its nice as hell. 

The nearest station to southern MD is branch ave.  and its about a 20-30 minute drive depending on traffic 
sick.gif

But I live in Clinton so its all good
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
just a 15 minute drive and a 45 minute train ride and I'm in the city. But I prefer driving 
pimp.gif

The only paces I would move aside from the DMV are Florida and Cali. Texas is hella nice, but I've never been. NYC is too hectic, and honestly, too crowded/small. 

I need highways and breathing space 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

Wait is that a typo? Because you can buy a townhouse for that much in Montgomery.

My main point is to buy a house as far away from DC as possible and commute to the city

Not a Typo, The prices have came down in the past few years so you probably can get a new townhouse in the area for 220,000. I don't even know where Montgomery county is.

Those prices in Miami are
eek.gif

Even If I hit the Mega Millions I couldn't get one of those
laugh.gif

I was looking at condo's on South Beach and I saw em ranging from $1-5 Mil but these houses
eek.gif

But when I get my money up I wanna get a house in Upper Marlboro all the houses in DC are TAX
30t6p3b.gif

The price my grandmothers house goes for is like 750K and it's only 3bdrm house BUT is right off 16th Street
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

My main point is to buy a house as far away from DC as possible and commute to the city

Not a Typo, The prices have came down in the past few years so you probably can get a new townhouse in the area for 220,000. I don't even know where Montgomery county is.

I guess commuting is fine if you don't really like city life, but price wise it isn't worth it. You can buy townhouses for that much around here and I'm sure there isn't much of a size difference. But what really keeps me around here is that its perfect for raising a family. Montgomery County is the wealthiest and most affluent county in MD, so the school system is among the best in the nation.  

Back
Top Bottom