I make 45k a year working 2 hours a day Vol. Office Space in real life

I'm busy for like the first 4 months of the year because of tax season and make 30-40k depending on how many hours I work
Not as busy in the 8 months after and I only make about 20-30k because my hours are literally cut in half at slow periods and I start using up my vacation days when the firm doesn't need me. Don't care though, probably going back to school to finish up my 150 unit requirement for the CPA and start being serious about becoming an actual CPA.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm not doing ish at work. It's only me and another co worker watching over a 6 story building during grave (Security). 2 hours of real work max everyday. Boring but getting paid to do nothing is great! Graveyard is an underrated shift too :smokin

I'm busy for like the first 4 months of the year because of tax season and make 30-40k depending on how many hours I work
Not as busy in the 8 months after and I only make about 20-30k because my hours are literally cut in half at slow periods and I start using up my vacation days when the firm doesn't need me. Don't care though, probably going back to school to finish up my 150 unit requirement for the CPA and start being serious about becoming an actual CPA.

can u audit

can u audit
Nah I just do tax for now :lol:

Lol I guess my comment was harsh.

I should have suggested if OP was willing to put in some real/even decent work, he could likely make a lot more than $45k a year.

Well the thing I didn't mention is this minimal work with decent pay is a perfect fit for me with what I'm doing with my real career. I'm a hip-hop artist I and I spend all day at work working on my music. I write emails, coordinate and plan events, write songs, hold conference calls and network with all types of people, work on my branding, marketing etc. My producer/engineer works here too and so does the main singer I work with. He literally produces full beats at work. We basically infiltrated the corporate world for them to fund our label lol. And I'm still young with barely any bills beyond rent so the salary works for me. I have alternative income starting to come in off music as well. 

But we've been enjoying some decent successes in recent months and are slowly on our way to becoming full time musicians. We landed on hotnewhiphop, dj booth, etc. and have performed with Mob Deep, Immortal Technque, Soulection, SXSW Festival, A3C Festival, have a potential show coming up with Nas (not confirmed yet don't jinx it), studio session with Pro Era's engineer and just passed 100,000 hits on my soundcloud. 

So it's not like I sit at work all day doing nothing, I'm working hard just following my dreams on company time lol. 

Who else can relate? And if anyone wants in I already referred a few NTers. Hit my email. 

My man just finessing the system. :pimp:

Keep grinding fam. Specially musically

I'm currently in Mexico city. Polanco, to be exact. Came here on Wednesday to train our Mexico distributors and the company offered me an extra day just to go site-seeing. Our distributors got me a room at the W. :pimp:

The training took like 2 hours so I've just been chilling and eating good :lol:

I get a $105 per diem which goes a long way in Mexico. Not too bad for someone who is working for THE MAN.

Last edited:
I'm currently in Mexico city. Polanco, to be exact. Came here on Wednesday to train our Mexico distributors and the company offered me an extra day just to go site-seeing. Our distributors got me a room at the W. :pimp:

I get a $105 per diem which goes a long way in Mexico. Not too bad for someone who is working for THE MAN.
"Omg what's wrong with u, u quit right now and start your own business asap. U could start a your own lunchables line and work for yourself and on your own time while answering yo no-one."

Can't wait til UBI kicks in and we all get to chill and decide if we want to work or not...
UBI is going to either be government-issued or...crowdsourced. 
I'm currently in Mexico city. Polanco, to be exact. Came here on Wednesday to train our Mexico distributors and the company offered me an extra day just to go site-seeing. Our distributors got me a room at the W.
pimp.gif

The training took like 2 hours so I've just been chilling and eating good
laugh.gif

can dig.

it's all about finding your role in life, there are always businesses that need employees for legitimate uses of their time, and it seems like you are compensated fairly for yours.

*most of the below isn't directed specifically at you, just feel compelled*

the breakaway movement (which I guess I'm speaking on behalf of now) is all about helping Footlocker employees and manila folder jugglers who are legitimately unhappy with the options available to them understand there's another way.

it's not all about art/music/writing/scamming/other creative pursuits.

it could be as simple as learning to code, or use graphic tools in your spare time, doing some work to build a portfolio and eventually taking the skills you've developed on the independent market or to a smaller, talent-focused firm. bilingual? teach English online. type fast? transcribe speeches. not a total ****? maybe answer phones.

the job market is out there, what are your skills?

it's a sustainable lifestyle that not enough people are aware is attainable as well.

might take a few years and you might not have a lot of money in the interim...but that sounds a lot like college. 

*back to you, bruddah*

...oh yeah, enjoy Mexico, it's amazing. 1800 pesos does go a  l o n g  way for a day of fun.

I used to have a job like this. Would sit around and :smokin for 8-12 hours a day. One of them jobs where the hardest thing was showing up at all. Really only "worked" for the first and last 30 min of my shift :lol: those were the times 8)

I remember reading an article about a guy who was in IT making 6 figures. He created a VPN and contracted ALL of his work out to someone in India. Was at work doing absolutely nothing!!

"Omg what's wrong with u, u quit right now and start your own business asap. U could start a your own lunchables line and work for yourself and on your own time while answering yo no-one."

Polanco. :pimp:

You'd need to dive into recreational drug use, maybe some bottle service at a club, to exhaust $100+ per diem in Mexico City. :lol:

I tried starting a business. Hard as hell :lol:

I really wanted to open up a boutique to sell Sideshow/Hot Toys stuff but the comic stores that do it all around here seem to be struggling. I'm good with the discounts and gifts I'm given with where I'm at right now :lol:

But other than that, I never really cared to own my own company. I always knew I could just manage an already established company and get paid very nicely for it :lol:

Last edited:
U guys ever have a job like this with unlimited OT?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$
My job has unlimited OT until you get promoted to a certain level then it goes away. I'm working a 60 hour work week to begin with so it's not bad.

U guys ever have a job like this with unlimited OT?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$
That OT money is good. I was doing 10 hours of OT a week and living comfortably just off that and saving the rest. Been getting lazy though and only do 3-5 now.

Last edited:
I used to bust out 70 hour weeks every week. F that, I do like 45 now. I can work as much as I want but I'm good with 45.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom