I need to move my shoes to a storage unit...

Lol at the donating to charity responses. If he has 60 pairs of assumably expensive sneakers why wouldn't he just sell them and buy more pairs of affordable sneakers to give to the unfortunate? And on top of that everyone just assuming this guy is in a position to give away that much $ worth of ****

Should thread like this even go on if the OP is not even responding?
It's mostly NT's residential troll with every other response too.
laugh.gif

In my area you can get a small sized unit that will definitely fit 60 boxes for $25-35 per month, air conditioned, security gate, ect.

And to bring them there I'd rent a trunk from Lowes and just cover the top with a blanket

Biggest waste of money man ... Think about it 70 x 12 = 840.

I know because I had 400+ pairs of shoes along with a few other items in storage. It was temporarily while my home was being built and I left them there for 2+ years.

When i think about it I don't even know why I did it. Most of the sneakers I gave to my family and friend and it really wasn't worth it.

I could of have sold them all save the cash in mutual fund or CD accumulated interest + the money I saved in storage I could of have rebought what I wanted and made money in the long run. Plus most of the sneakers got retro so ....

This.

Those shoes are worthless nowadays. Donate them to Salvation Army.

That's what I'm saying. If your a big "sneakerhead" like you say you are, and your shoes are worth anything, donate em to Salvation Army and get a form. Itemize them on your 1098 and You can use that as a tax deduction. But you'd need a job to file taxes and idk if you have one

:rofl: this is disrespectful

the oven can hold at least 4 pair
:lol:  
out with the fish, easily fit 3 in the fish tank
one in the mirowave, it aint like you store stuff in there overnight anyway.
line up the walls with boxes like a trap house

drink the liquor in your liquor cabinet. You can easily fit two boxes in there as long as they're not CDP.

Last edited:
take them to woek and stack boxes in your office

I can picture my boss working in my office and I have 60 shoes boxes stacked :lol:

Just rent a UHaul for a few hours so you can just make one trip.

Don't see what the big deal is? His money, his time, his shoes, he could do whatever he wants. Hell there are people paying $100 a month to store their crappy furniture, 15 year old fridge, and all kinds of garbage.

Salvation army? Itemizing em as a tax deduction? :lol: Some of you cats must be kids to be suggesting something as dumb as that.

OP gotta be trollin. NO way that 60 pairs is taking up too much space anywhere. Ol girl has 60 pairs barely taking up any space at all. Troll post for sure. Now if he said 300-400 pairs...it would be more believable.

I appreciate all the relevant responses. As for the other responses...

What's the point of keeping overpriced shoes in a storage locker that you're inevitably going to forget about until you start wondering why you're missing $70 a month? If you aren't going to wear them or sell them, what was the point of buying the shoes? To look at them? :lol: You're probably going to regret this series of poor investments later down the line, you might as well just wear the ones you like and sell the ones you don't.

i jus had to put about 80 plus shoes in storage as well. jus had to downsize for about a year until i find a house to buy. saving a little money but want to keep my collection i have built up. jus make sure the unit is temp controlled and has good security. my storage unit already had rat traps but i bought poison pellets jus in case. i also bought about 6 24x24x24 boxes to put my kicks. i have a truck so it took me one trip....

I was somewhat in the same situation realizing some pairs I had weren't even getting the light of day and just sitting in the basement. Decided to sell most of it, the extra money is good but knowing now they wont deteriorate or have any unexpected issues in the future is even better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom