I never knew that......

Attachments

• 91DAD3A9-F421-430F-A1EA-CE9D99C75B53.png
    91DAD3A9-F421-430F-A1EA-CE9D99C75B53.png
    619.6 KB · Views: 28
historically, different cultures regard the owl in different ways.

native americans see it as a messenge; , the japanese pray to the owl for prosperity before a hunt, while others view the owl’s presence as an omen/harbinger of death.

ppl in cameroon see owls as too evil to name so it’s know as “the bird that scares people.”

At least among the Lakota and many other Northern Plains tribes during the 'old days' the owl / or owl feathers were associated with hunting or procuring food along with the ability to strike quietly on your enemy or prey. The owl has a layer of down surrounding each of its feathers enabling them to fly without making any noise. Things have changed over time and now among Native peoples during modern times the owl is more associated with death, ghosts or spirits.

lady gaga before being famous was on MTV's gaming show boiling points. Where you get paid if you can put up with BS from random civilians acting up for a set amount of time

You don’t actually get a cold from the cold
http://nydn.us/2E5cMG0

DSvjLIQVMAEAs52.jpg

A big bad winter storm is on its way — and you can bet that coworkers and friends will be sneezing, coughing and sniffling and blaming it all on the weather. Well, shut it, already. It’s not the elements' fault. Colds result from viruses — and there are dozens of them gunning for you. So no matter what Mom told you (and even in light of studies showing that temperature drops weaken the nose’s defense mechanisms) the cold doesn’t cause colds.

Science wiped that fact in people’s faces, according to “Don’t Swallow Your Gum: Myths, Half-Truths and Outright Lies About Your Body and Health.” Co-written by two Indiana doctors, the book cites a study in which researchers put the virus that causes the common cold into peoples’ noses and then chilled some of the subjects. “Those who were chilled were no more likely to be infected with a cold than those who were not chilled,” noted the authors.

So why is winter peak cold season? Proximity. Cold bugs work a room harder than a wannabe starlet. “People are bundled together indoors more and viruses spread through contact,” said Albert Ahn, MD, clinical instructor of Medicine at NYU Langone Medical Center. Packed together, our odds of getting others’ respiratory secretions onto hands and into mouths, eyes and noses increase.

Well being in a room with people doesn’t make snot flood out of my nose but me shoveling snow outside for an hour last night did.

Skinheads started out as not a racists group, but as white working class youths in London who resisted the hippy image of the 60's by
dressing in their idea of posh tailored clothes (suspenders, high hemmed pants, Fred Perry shirts etc.) and closely cropped hair mimicking the styles of Jamaican immigrants.

Puffy is part owner of Zac Posen, and he directed the Outkast, Player's Ball video.

remember Heaven's Gate? The cult group that committed suicide in 97 in Encinitas Cali??

Yeah well their website is still up and running to this day. Apparently they still have followers as well
http://www.heavensgate.com/

Didn't know that the flamboyant hairdresser in Blow was peewee herman. Damn Shame what happened to that man. Arrested and publicly ridiculed for fapping in an adult theater.

Skinheads started out as not a racists group, but as white working class youths in London who resisted the hippy image of the 60's by
dressing in their idea of posh tailored clothes (suspenders, high hemmed pants, Fred Perry shirts etc.) and closely cropped hair mimicking the styles of Jamaican immigrants.

Yeah I just learned that from some tattoo show on VICELAND I was pretty surprised.

Didn't know that the flamboyant hairdresser in Blow was peewee herman. Damn Shame what happened to that man. Arrested and publicly ridiculed for fapping in an adult theater.

His character came off as a pedo to me as a kid...
It was all just a funny game until he got arrested & people realized he may in fact be as creepy as people pretended he was not.

remember Heaven's Gate? The cult group that committed suicide in 97 in Encinitas Cali??

Yeah well their website is still up and running to this day. Apparently they still have followers as well
http://www.heavensgate.com/

we need a retro of the nike decade, unfortunately with the bad publicity we will never see it again.

"Per the ledgers, on March 1, 1997, two members purchased the sneakers in bulk for $548.45 from a store in North County, in the San Diego area. Those same sneakers would be worn by each member during the group's mass suicide at the month's end."

Back
Top Bottom