I see Lebron in athleticism decline

Originally Posted by thacapt

Originally Posted by jthagreat

i know yall may not notice, but it seems Bron's shooting is improving. do the stats agree? not sure, seems like it
During the 2005-2006 season Kobe shot .450 from the field (I believe he was the same age as LeBron is right now).
This season LeBron shot .510 from the field...

Just sayin tho...
yea and when kobe was lebrons age he was dunking on dudes like duncan, yao, wallace, howard, and many more.  aside from duncan lebron has mostly dunked on no names and guys smaller than him.  a bit dissapointing imo for the most gifted player athletically to ever play the game.

Originally Posted by thacapt

i know yall may not notice, but it seems Bron's shooting is improving. do the stats agree? not sure, seems like it
During the 2005-2006 season Kobe shot .450 from the field (I believe he was the same age as LeBron is right now).
This season LeBron shot .510 from the field...

Just sayin tho...
yea and when kobe was lebrons age he was dunking on dudes like duncan, yao, wallace, howard, and many more.  aside from duncan lebron has mostly dunked on no names and guys smaller than him.  a bit dissapointing imo for the most gifted player athletically to ever play the game.

Nope, they have. In my 2K Spreadsheet, his shot ratings came out fair decent for someone that "can't shoot."

And I just recently lowered his dunk rating in my game as well and vertical. So OP, you aren't alone.
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

LeBron was the best midrange shooter not named Dirk Nowitzki. (Dirk shot 53 percent -- he's a freak.)
And Dirk came out to a 99 Mid Range rating through my system. Only person in the game. On point.

Nope, they have. In my 2K Spreadsheet, his shot ratings came out fair decent for someone that "can't shoot."

And I just recently lowered his dunk rating in my game as well and vertical. So OP, you aren't alone.

LeBron was the best midrange shooter not named Dirk Nowitzki. (Dirk shot 53 percent -- he's a freak.)
And Dirk came out to a 99 Mid Range rating through my system. Only person in the game. On point.

I've seen a thread about this subject at least once every last 3-4 seasons. People have been claiming this since his numbers dropped drastically following the 31, 7 & 7 05-06 season.

Although this season, it finally might be true, even though watching him stand in mid-air and wait for Kevin Garnett to release the shot so that he can block it a couple of weeks ago made me have second thoughts. But his athleticism is declining very gradually. And this is nothing unusual, because this is the age where the athleticism among NBA players usually starts to decline. Every NBA player was more athletic at 22 than 26. Michael Jordan's athletic highlights went south after the first Bulls championship, starting with the second Bulls championship season. And don't even get me started on players like Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady and Shawn Kemp. I have a feeling that people will be complaining about how Blake Griffin is starting to lose his athleticism as soon as the next season, if he doesn't match the highlights from this season.

I've seen a thread about this subject at least once every last 3-4 seasons. People have been claiming this since his numbers dropped drastically following the 31, 7 & 7 05-06 season.

Although this season, it finally might be true, even though watching him stand in mid-air and wait for Kevin Garnett to release the shot so that he can block it a couple of weeks ago made me have second thoughts. But his athleticism is declining very gradually. And this is nothing unusual, because this is the age where the athleticism among NBA players usually starts to decline. Every NBA player was more athletic at 22 than 26. Michael Jordan's athletic highlights went south after the first Bulls championship, starting with the second Bulls championship season. And don't even get me started on players like Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady and Shawn Kemp. I have a feeling that people will be complaining about how Blake Griffin is starting to lose his athleticism as soon as the next season, if he doesn't match the highlights from this season.

DC nobody gives a flying !*+% about your 2k spreadsheet......you're the Tommy of NT

DC nobody gives a flying !*+% about your 2k spreadsheet......you're the Tommy of NT

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

I know nobody cares, but since I use real world statistics, while doing certain teams I learn things I didn't pay attention to statistically. That is all. I didn't mean to offend you Mr. Marucs.

I know nobody cares, but since I use real world statistics, while doing certain teams I learn things I didn't pay attention to statistically. That is all. I didn't mean to offend you Mr. Marucs.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

well stat boy go find out his mid range attempts and compare them to kobe and other players please....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

well stat boy go find out his mid range attempts and compare them to kobe and other players please....
pimp.gif

LeBron becoming more of a jumpshooter is also the reason why you see him having really bad shooting nights statistically, like games 1 against the Sixers and Bulls when his shot isn't falling. In recent seasons, you rarely saw him have a 30% shooting night. You always saw him somewhere between 40% and 60%. Now it's more spread out, between 30% and 70%.

LeBron becoming more of a jumpshooter is also the reason why you see him having really bad shooting nights statistically, like games 1 against the Sixers and Bulls when his shot isn't falling. In recent seasons, you rarely saw him have a 30% shooting night. You always saw him somewhere between 40% and 60%. Now it's more spread out, between 30% and 70%.

Stop, LeBron is not a good mid-range shooter, at most he's a decent one. His FG% has nothing to do with it because many of his shots are toward the basket. I believe he does have time to make his shot better but if he doesn't he is screwed when those knees go. I have noticed that he doesnt seem as athletically insane anymore, regardless, he's still a beast.

Stop, LeBron is not a good mid-range shooter, at most he's a decent one. His FG% has nothing to do with it because many of his shots are toward the basket. I believe he does have time to make his shot better but if he doesn't he is screwed when those knees go. I have noticed that he doesnt seem as athletically insane anymore, regardless, he's still a beast.

DC....what is this 2k spreadsheet you always allude to? I'm lost.
I always re-rate every player in the game because 2K doesn't do a good job at it. I pull data from various stat sites and convert them into rating format.  Nothing serious, just a hobby.

DC....what is this 2k spreadsheet you always allude to? I'm lost.
I always re-rate every player in the game because 2K doesn't do a good job at it. I pull data from various stat sites and convert them into rating format.  Nothing serious, just a hobby.

The guy who's still as fast end-to-end as anyone in the League and lifted off w/ ease from the dotted line...off two steps nonetheless vs the Bulls last night? You mean his jump went from 99 to 97?

Oh.

The guy who's still as fast end-to-end as anyone in the League and lifted off w/ ease from the dotted line...off two steps nonetheless vs the Bulls last night? You mean his jump went from 99 to 97?

Oh.

Back
Top Bottom