I see Lebron in athleticism decline

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

LeBron becoming more of a jumpshooter is also the reason why you see him having really bad shooting nights statistically, like games 1 against the Sixers and Bulls when his shot isn't falling. In recent seasons, you rarely saw him have a 30% shooting night. You always saw him somewhere between 40% and 60%. Now it's more spread out, between 30% and 70%.
also him playing with wade have a lot to do with it. he doesn't have the ball in his hands all the time and the offense catered to create shots for him. he's more of a facilitator with the heat and believe it or not, wade is the scorer. 
lebron has become more perimeter oriented this year (someone has to do it, you can't have wade and lebron simply crash to the rim all game together) and sacrifice his offensive game to create more space/opening for wade. 

Originally Posted by tyisny

I was thinking about this the other day but not as of right now.... Im talking in the next 3-4 years, just how dominant can lebron stay if you think about every other superstar and the age that they start to fall off athletically.

Just like Kobe Lebron has been playing straight outta highschool except that hes carrying much more around and those days in cleveland are def gonna catch up to him in the future. I feel that Lebron is really gonna have to change his game ALOT once he gets around 29-30 to still be considered elite, especially considering that with the heat they are expected to make long playoff runs every year and him and D-Wade are going to have to be the guys who carry this squad for a minute
+1. to do that, he needs to continue to improve that midrange game so he can be even better. he's showing what a midrange game can do in the past 4-5 playoff games as he's WINNING games off of them, not just drives. and it makes his game so much easier.
secondly, a post game. and i'm sure the post game will be a big element of his offense next year. he tried to toy a lot down there but he's still nto fully comfortable, but he's learning. if he can do to his post game what he has done with his midrange, he'll continue to be the best player in the L for the next 5-6 years

but what people forget is that b/c he's still so big and strong, despite his athleticism drop off, he's still better than 98% of the L. there still is no specimen like him.

I was thinking about this the other day but not as of right now.... Im talking in the next 3-4 years, just how dominant can lebron stay if you think about every other superstar and the age that they start to fall off athletically.

Just like Kobe Lebron has been playing straight outta highschool except that hes carrying much more around and those days in cleveland are def gonna catch up to him in the future. I feel that Lebron is really gonna have to change his game ALOT once he gets around 29-30 to still be considered elite, especially considering that with the heat they are expected to make long playoff runs every year and him and D-Wade are going to have to be the guys who carry this squad for a minute
+1. to do that, he needs to continue to improve that midrange game so he can be even better. he's showing what a midrange game can do in the past 4-5 playoff games as he's WINNING games off of them, not just drives. and it makes his game so much easier.
secondly, a post game. and i'm sure the post game will be a big element of his offense next year. he tried to toy a lot down there but he's still nto fully comfortable, but he's learning. if he can do to his post game what he has done with his midrange, he'll continue to be the best player in the L for the next 5-6 years

but what people forget is that b/c he's still so big and strong, despite his athleticism drop off, he's still better than 98% of the L. there still is no specimen like him.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Exactly plus he needs to find easier/savvier ways to score. ie mj. Mj got to a point where it was pretty much effortless to score, thus he didnt have to exert as much energy. Bron imo is actually in a better position then kobe, due to kobe had to be the main facilitator of the offense, with lbj he and wade can share the load. this will become into fruition soon once they can get a better bench etc... esp next year with more cap space and the new mle. If this happens him and wade will be at a point where they will only have to press the green button when needed.

Exactly plus he needs to find easier/savvier ways to score. ie mj. Mj got to a point where it was pretty much effortless to score, thus he didnt have to exert as much energy. Bron imo is actually in a better position then kobe, due to kobe had to be the main facilitator of the offense, with lbj he and wade can share the load. this will become into fruition soon once they can get a better bench etc... esp next year with more cap space and the new mle. If this happens him and wade will be at a point where they will only have to press the green button when needed.

I'm surprised it isn't more noticeable to most people. I don't think he did one dunk this year that was impressive. He definitely isn't getting up like this anymore

I'm surprised it isn't more noticeable to most people. I don't think he did one dunk this year that was impressive. He definitely isn't getting up like this anymore

Originally Posted by LDJ

kobe had an easier load b/c he wasn't the man until 05-06 and even that period was brief b/c he got gasol 3 years later. lebron has carried a huge load for 7 years so lebron has more mileage under his belt.
but lebron is physically better than kobe, and he hasn't had any significant injuries so far in his career. and lebron has already talked about continuing to keep his body in great shape to avoid injuries. 

but teaming with wade will prolong his career and will allow him to add things to his game. before this year, he never screened for others before. the more he gets comfortable with wade (and he still isn't yet as you still see they still take turns isoing), his game will be easier.

i still think lebron stll hasn't gotten over that ankle injury he suffered vs the clips earlier on. when he dunks, he doesn't jump as high. eaerlier at the start of th season, his head was still at the rim when he dunks. now it's not even close. 

Originally Posted by LDJ

kobe had an easier load b/c he wasn't the man until 05-06 and even that period was brief b/c he got gasol 3 years later. lebron has carried a huge load for 7 years so lebron has more mileage under his belt.
but lebron is physically better than kobe, and he hasn't had any significant injuries so far in his career. and lebron has already talked about continuing to keep his body in great shape to avoid injuries. 

but teaming with wade will prolong his career and will allow him to add things to his game. before this year, he never screened for others before. the more he gets comfortable with wade (and he still isn't yet as you still see they still take turns isoing), his game will be easier.

i still think lebron stll hasn't gotten over that ankle injury he suffered vs the clips earlier on. when he dunks, he doesn't jump as high. eaerlier at the start of th season, his head was still at the rim when he dunks. now it's not even close. 

Lebron has a decline on athleticism??... What you want him to do?? Be Blake Griffin and just dunk every chance he gets??

Have you seen him on transition lately? When he comes full steam to the basket EVERYBODY Gets Out the WAYYY... EVERYBODY..

He guarded Derrick Rose and Deng in the past 2 games of this series..

You have to have athleticism to be guarding someone that is quick and fast as D Rose..

Lebron's shooting is getting better and better..

Only issue I have with bron is he doesnt use the post-up game more.. If he can do that more often.. he would be a lot more versatile

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Category_Knee_Braces_Knee_Pads.jpg

dont leave home without it
laugh.gif

Lebron has a decline on athleticism??... What you want him to do?? Be Blake Griffin and just dunk every chance he gets??

Have you seen him on transition lately? When he comes full steam to the basket EVERYBODY Gets Out the WAYYY... EVERYBODY..

He guarded Derrick Rose and Deng in the past 2 games of this series..

You have to have athleticism to be guarding someone that is quick and fast as D Rose..

Lebron's shooting is getting better and better..

Only issue I have with bron is he doesnt use the post-up game more.. If he can do that more often.. he would be a lot more versatile

i see lebron upping his jumper game, so maybe thats why he don't be driving as much anymore either

i see lebron upping his jumper game, so maybe thats why he don't be driving as much anymore either

Bron ain't touching Kobe midrange game.

He's going to end up like Antonio Mcdyess when he's hit 30

eek.gif
at those Wizards jerseys.
pimp.gif

His athleticism does seem a little down, but his shot has gotten better. He'll need to improve it though to be able to adjust when his knees start to go.

eek.gif
at those Wizards jerseys.
pimp.gif

His athleticism does seem a little down, but his shot has gotten better. He'll need to improve it though to be able to adjust when his knees start to go.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

"ain't touching Kobe"? If that's the case, how did Bron shoot better than Kobe in mid-range shots?
To quote again:

Kobe; http://www.hoopdata.com/p....aspx?name=Kobe%20Bryant
LeBronze: http://www.hoopdata.com/p...aspx?name=LeBron%20James

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Dirk NowitzkiCheck the 16-23ft stats for each player: Lebron 5.4 shots per game at 45% . Kobe 5.9 shots per game at 38%.

And this is not entirely a fluke either. Lebron shot 40% from 16-23ft the previous two seasons as well.

And if you want a different source:

Lebron:  www.nba.com/statscube/player.html#LeBron-James|2544   (....okay Yuku refuses to recognize this as a proper link, just copy and paste it, including the "|2544")

http://www.nba.com/statscube/player.html#LeBron-James|2544Kobe: www.nba.com/statscube/player.html#Kobe-Bryant|977

Check the "Shooting Analysis" chart... Lebron 45% for "mid-range" (33% of shots taken) and Kobe 42% for mid-range (39% of shots taken)

http://www.nba.com/statscube/player.html#Kobe-Bryant|977

Originally Posted by KenJi714

"ain't touching Kobe"? If that's the case, how did Bron shoot better than Kobe in mid-range shots?
To quote again:

Kobe; http://www.hoopdata.com/p....aspx?name=Kobe%20Bryant
LeBronze: http://www.hoopdata.com/p...aspx?name=LeBron%20James

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Dirk NowitzkiCheck the 16-23ft stats for each player: Lebron 5.4 shots per game at 45% . Kobe 5.9 shots per game at 38%.

And this is not entirely a fluke either. Lebron shot 40% from 16-23ft the previous two seasons as well.

And if you want a different source:

Lebron:  www.nba.com/statscube/player.html#LeBron-James|2544   (....okay Yuku refuses to recognize this as a proper link, just copy and paste it, including the "|2544")

http://www.nba.com/statscube/player.html#LeBron-James|2544Kobe: www.nba.com/statscube/player.html#Kobe-Bryant|977

Check the "Shooting Analysis" chart... Lebron 45% for "mid-range" (33% of shots taken) and Kobe 42% for mid-range (39% of shots taken)

http://www.nba.com/statscube/player.html#Kobe-Bryant|977

Thats because he doesnt have the ball in his hands on this team as much as he had it in Cleveland

Thats because he doesnt have the ball in his hands on this team as much as he had it in Cleveland

laugh.gif
@ ending up like McDyess

And it isn't the fact that Lebron has NO post game, he just doesn't use it much.

He put Luol on the block last night and scored a bucket w/ ease.

laugh.gif
@ ending up like McDyess

And it isn't the fact that Lebron has NO post game, he just doesn't use it much.

He put Luol on the block last night and scored a bucket w/ ease.

Back
Top Bottom