I think Braylon Edwards dropped his pacifier....GOOD RIDDANCE scUMbag.... (UPDATE: There's more)

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-1-320/Edwards-wants-out-of-Cleveland-.html
Edwards wants out of Cleveland?

December 16, 2008 2:39 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

PHILADELPHIA -- You kind of saw this one coming.

With the Cleveland Browns struggling mightily and Braylon Edwards in the midst of a rough season, the star receiver finally let his emotions flow following their 30-10 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Edwards had one of his better games this year with five catches for 102 yards, but he was not in a good mood after team failed to score an offensive touchdown for the fourth straight game.

Apparently Edwards has been upset with trade rumors and also had some choice words for the fans and media, who have been on him this season for his inconsistency and leading the NFL in dropped passes.

"I do want to be here next year and everyone wants it to be a perfect situation, but that does not always happen," Edwards said. "I just have to do what is asked of me no matter where I end up playing. I have realized since being in Cleveland that the organization appreciates me but not the fans and the media. Since day one I have been a marked man."

Add Edwards to the growing list of unhappy players in Cleveland.

Soon as it gets tough (thanks to his drops in big spots of games) he wants to bounce

What a lame....
grin.gif

340x.jpg

Make sure you actually look at the ball wherever you go from here
indifferent.gif

UPDATE:
On Tuesday, Edwards continued to chirp.

"I'm not Paul Warfield, Webster Slaughter or Jim Brown," Edwards said, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "I've given my all to this city for four years, and I realize it will never be enough. I went to the Pro Bowl last year and resurrected this team from the darkness, and nobody cared."

There's more.

"People in this town believe they are entitled to too much. They have been disrespectful to me and my family. I've gone out in public with my family and have had to deal with being called foul names. My parents have been called vulgar things at restaurants."

Hey, Bray, if you thought things were bad before, just wait until they see you and your folks out at the local eateries now. (P.S. Don't order the bouillabaisse.)

"My biggest problem is that I actually give a damn," Edwards said. "I'm always rushing back from surgeries and injuries, never missing games or practices. But through this, I've learned how to overcome adversity. I'm also proud of how my foundation has taken off. I've been doing all this community service in Cleveland . . . my charity efforts will only be in Detroit from now on."

OK, Browns fans didn't care about the Michigan thing before. But now they probably do.

We've seen this routine before, and we know what Edwards is up to. Given his jump earlier this year to CAA and his awkward presence on the set of the whole Bissinger-Leitch thing, chances are that Edwards fancies himself a potential crossover media star. You know, the kind of guy who'll get a movie in which he plays a role other than that of a current or former football player.

But Edwards apparently thinks he'll never be in position to become a national superstar/celebrity while toiling away for an underachieving team in a Rust Belt town.

Signed through 2009, it could be that Edwards is trying to lay the foundation for an offseason trade to a new team, and the $10 million per year deal that would go along with it.

But it would have to be a team with a profile that will allow Edwards to become the big deal he thinks he is.

In other words, he likely wants to play for the Cowboys.

I have realized since being in Cleveland that the organization appreciates me but not the fans and the media.

That's $@!+++$ ridiculous....so you have the backing of the ORGANIZATION, but because the fans and media don't like you, you want to leave????? Whattype of universe does he live in where that makes sense? What a *%$*! Man up, and step up your concentration game when trying to catch a ball...all thephysical ability to be a top 3-5 WR in the NFL, but dude is as mentally soft as Big Baby...damn shame. Let him go to Oakland and see how bad things REALLYare....he's gonna wish he was back in Cleveland. Bamma.

As much as it is about Edwards not performing, it all comes down to this ...

P.S. Oakland > Cleveland

Come to Miami Braylon, if Parcells, Sparano, & Co. can develop this guy he will be an absolute beast.

ALSO BRAYLON NEEDS TO TAKE NOTES FROM DEREK ANDERSON ON HOW TO HANDLE A TOUGH CROWD...

PROPS TO DA FOR STICKING IT OUT AND LAYING LOW.

HE FREAKING LOST HIS JOB CUZ OF THIS JOKER

BRAYLON CONTINUED TO BE THE STARTING RECEIVER DESPITE PISSING SEVERAL GAMES AWAY....

YES IM MAD!!!!!!

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

ALSO BRAYLON NEEDS TO TAKE NOTES FROM DEREK ANDERSON ON HOW TO HANDLE A TOUGH CROWD...
PROPS TO DA FOR STICKING IT OUT AND LAYING LOW.
HE FREAKING LOST HIS JOB CUZ OF THIS JOKER
BRAYLON CONTINUED TO BE THE STARTING RECEIVER DESPITE PISSING SEVERAL GAMES AWAY....
YES IM MAD!!!!!!
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Browns Suck...Get out Braylon!![/color]

Originally Posted by Dr 715

P.S. Oakland > Cleveland

Ehh....I dont know about that....id say its even.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Dr 715

P.S. Oakland > Cleveland

Ehh....I dont know about that....id say its even.
laugh.gif

From a football stand point, Oakland knows it sucks.

Cleveland, up until week 15 thought they were a good team. Coming into this year, a lot of people thought they were a good team. Just look at all thenationally televised games they played in this season. Having success in 2007 and being where the Browns are today is just as bad, if not worse thanOakland's situation.

But that takes me to my next point. At least Oakland is in California, 20 minutes from San Francisco. Cleveland is Cleveland.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

The Giants need a big threat receiver now.

That would be sick; as a Cowboys fan
sick.gif
. You know he's gonna beastsomewhere else. But I don't think he leaves though.

Dr 715 wrote:

Coming into this year, a lot of people thought they were a good team.
OP had them picked to win the Superbowl, but he's a homer so...

dude has soooo much potential. he needs a coach that'll toughen him up mentally and hold him accountable for his lack of focus leading to silly drops.

Originally Posted by brrraptors

dude has soooo much potential. he needs a coach that'll toughen him up mentally and hold him accountable for his lack of focus leading to silly drops.
Mike Singletary
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom