I USED to SPEND $10,000 on Shoes, Now I travel the world INSTEAD

Originally Posted by spacerace

Originally Posted by bence23

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

I kind of dont understand why some of you come on a shoe forum and bash someone for liking shoes
Even if this is general, its still general of a shoe forum

*shrugs*
I've noticed that sentiment a lot in general. A lot of em think they're better than us in the other sections on here since they're over sneakers.
laugh.gif
that's because we ARE better than you 
grin.gif

2745079.jpg

great post.

i took a 3 month jaunt throughout southeast asia in 2010 and spent a grand total of $2500.

freakin awesome.

africa is next.

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Humblebrag? Better off saying you just wanted to share your experiences. I'm not sure if its my iPad or your vid just didn't upload..... Any congrats on doing yo thing. I'd really like to see the beach front mansion

laugh.gif
basically

OP I read the link to your blog and it's pretty inspiring. The women pictured weren't that bad either. Good luck on mrthinkoutsidethebox.

Thanks for all the kind words..   O YEA  I told ya I don't update my travel blog very often and its true.     Here is my FIRST BLOG POST on my travel blog.    I only have 5 post in like over a year.  
people really dugg my first post.        http://jubrilsdream.com/?p=4    

i don't know if i'd call it a 'humblebrag', it's more of an informative video and...honestly...there are very few ways to talk about something like travelling the world for cheap without it seeming like bragging (but only to those that haven't done it themselves).

Yes I'm so glad someone made a thread like this. When you realize how much more is out there, other things become less important. Its a shame that many people would rather spend their money on material things than experience new things

Originally Posted by JTPlatnum

i don't know if i'd call it a 'humblebrag', it's more of an informative video and...honestly...there are very few ways to talk about something like travelling the world for cheap without it seeming like bragging (but only to those that haven't done it themselves).

Thanks I appreciate that ,  yes some people think it's boasting or what not but its not.     Why I decided to post my cheapest trip vs most expensive trip like most people would of done.    Just wanted to open people's mind and show em they travel to places and  it's affordable if you make it.   You don't gotta be rapper, or trust fund baby to explore the world.     I believe in my heart more people would travel abroad if they knew it wasnt hard it seemed.   The more people they see do it the more they will know it's possible.    Like one guy who posted earlier he said he spent 3 months in southeast for $2500 i thought that was awesome.    Me I spent like that month or little more but its possible to do no matter your budget.    How dope would be to have your jordans on with buddihst temple in background or in london with big ben.     I must say tho like over 80% of comments have positive.   End of the day I still get live my life, and who gets inspired and learns something great. 

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

Yes I'm so glad someone made a thread like this. When you realize how much more is out there, other things become less important. Its a shame that many people would rather spend their money on material things than experience new things

The thing about life.  I never tell people what  they should do,  people have free choice, and I can only show people what I do.     For me it was like you said I started experiencing life vs getting my happiness out of material things.    I am not saying I don't still stay in 4-5 star hotels, and like bunch of nice stuff.     I stopped searching for happy rush in material things, or feel like I am somebody.     For last 12 months I traveled had 1 pair of running shoes, 1 pairs casual gym shoes.  1 pair of dress shoes, 1 pair of sandals.     I have had few different clothes and what not but nothing excessive and normally give a lot away i go along my way and buy new stuff for new country I am in.     I don't have a fancy watch, no chains or anything.    I have had so much fun in last 12 months, have not missed my shoes really at all home in storage or stuff back home.     There is just something about life , when you just LIVING IT  vs  going thru motions.     Like I said I am only speaking for myself.      I have been so happy collecting experiences vs collecting things.  Who knows after my world tour ends in 4 years , maybe I will be material junkie again but I highly doubt it. 

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

Yes I'm so glad someone made a thread like this. When you realize how much more is out there, other things become less important. Its a shame that many people would rather spend their money on material things rather than experience new things donate to charities, feed the homeless, contribute time for worthy causes and travel the world and feed the poor.

JUbril,

I found this blog from a group of dudes that have been in Thailand for a while. It is funny and informative. Sure others woujld find it entertaining. A lot of "adult content" on here.

http://www.kingsofthailand.com/sitemap/
Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Did you run into Any butt breasted/phat butted Thai women? Or hell did you see any of them on the regular?
roll.gif

What? Serious question though. 
laugh.gif

Nice vid, how'd you find most of those hotels/hostels? Did you prebook it online? Or just walked around town until you found one for a nice price?

id love to do stuff like this but i have nobody to do it with all my friends are the type thats hype to do stuff then when its time to pay up the nowhere to be found..........

@sloanboy plenty of people travel alone.. I did 4 months alone when my friends left. So really there is no excuse and its really easy to meet people there.

That's some dope stuff mann. Did you have to learn their language beforehand to communicate and get around or was speaking English good enough?

Originally Posted by jubril

@sloanboy plenty of people travel alone.. I did 4 months alone when my friends left. So really there is no excuse and its really easy to meet people there.

Yea that is what I am facing. I will probably go alone and I don't drink either so when I am in a social setting I will always be that weird "Oh you don't drink" guy.
I saw your video about being black over there but I read other stuff that said anyone dark skinned will have a hard time getting action. Any tips?

Originally Posted by sloanboy

when is the best time to go? and how much was your flight......

No time in particular,  Just avoid like september-november quite a bit of rain.    I flew for free lol.,  Well its was like $21.     I had a lot miles from my business purchasing and previous flying I did.    Only had to pay some tax fee.    My one way flight on united would of been $1200 or so.    I have seen roundrtrip tickets for like $1400-1800  if you look right.    

Back
Top Bottom