I wish B.I.G was still here....

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

i've heard some of BIG's old material.....

you're forgetting this is a young cat from the hood who sold and looked @ the game as a way to get off the streets AND set up him crew/family with financial security. BIG admittedly didnt like Puff's hands on approach sometimes but he was all about the paper.

some of ya'll act like _s gotta starve. if a _s nice, he's nice point blank and'll find some way to eat. BIG was gonna open a store for heavyset guys as well as Brooklyn Mint (a clothing brand) and a restaurant. ya'll also forget that record labels are businesses and that they have to market their artists.

BIG DEF wouldnt have sold had he been talking about the *$+ he was on them Mr. Cee tapes. BIG always had the talent but according the the Vibe book, the main problem would be to market him, being how he looked and all that. BIG made it cool for big dudes to have some game. dude sounded like he grew artistically and he in few words, recorded LAD to specifically address issues such as him selling out and his newfound fame. he wanted a album _s from all over could bang with.
^there were several reports that he was broke when he died(sold his royalties to puff last minute) and his album just dropped about versace andbenzes...

yes, talent is talent, but what are you using it for if you're rapping to kids in the struggle you're in about watches and cars?
tired.gif

he was singing on "playa hata", God knows what BS puffy woulda had him doing on album 3.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

EDIT: NY and BK is lucky biggie died when he did (popular opinion btw) now hes known with the greats rather than a talented rapper that was swayed withmarketing and promotion)
"hes puffy and you're biggie? Ill
sick.gif
" - Nas

he was singing on "playa hata"
so you're telling me you didnt consider LAD at least a 4/5 album?

i defend BIG's artistic creativity. partly me being from the Brook, and growing up on BIG. opinion is opinion.

for every Big Poppa you had a Everyday Struggle....for every Hypnotize you had a Notorious Thugs or a 10 Crack Commandments. it's like a unwritten rulethat every album needs a balance. no one has to be a thug/hard rock on every song (except for Wu/BCC/OGC/MOP maybe
laugh.gif
)

it balanced out. granted, he onyl had two albums but that in itself cemented him as a God MC.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

BIGs a sellout?
laugh.gif

I don't care how much heat i take.

listen to BIG with Mr. C and go
eek.gif
Bigs greatest attributes were his flow and how raw his subject matter was.

Puffy edited his first album.. it was a wrap from the beginning. but the 1st album still gets love from me if anyone cares.
2nd album gets very little.
I still think thats crazy. I don't know how anyone could listen to RTD and conclude that BIG is a sell out. Even when listening to hisprevious work, it doesn't make sense to me. Some of you are making it seem as if he only discussed material things.

The thing people tend to ignore was that if BIG and PAC were still around...maybe there never would of been a bling-bling era. IMO, the Cash Money era led to the destruction of hip-hop and the South has officially murdered hip-hop.
indifferent.gif
..If thats the case, NWA led the destruction of Hip Hop when theydropped 'Straight Outta Compton". People are so easy to point fingers, especially when it deals with the South.

Long live the true KING

Frank the Crook from the Brook
pimp.gif

Who the F wanna squeeze, my desert ease
pimp.gif

Yo BIG's presence on a track was
pimp.gif

Never outshined, by anyone EVER...yes including Jay-Z on Brooklyn's Finest - Sprinkle coke on the floor make it drug related...what
pimp.gif

blackmagnus514
pimp.gif
you know what it is

Where's my N abeutifulhaze when you need him

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I wish Big L was still here...
Me too, but moreso I wish, as well as everyone else, I could have seen how his career would have turned out.

smh.gif
at me for hating on dude when my boy was about to put The Big Picture on and I was like nah who the hell is that corny N I don't care that he's dead
indifferent.gif
. By the 6th song on that album I was speechless and shut myF'ing mouth the rest of the album. Ebonics
eek.gif
my mind when I firstheard it. I was still hating on the low, but then I went and found out if he had other albums and had trouble like a MF'er finding his first album. Hisfirst album was the truth too...if you could appreciate it for the time that it came out
pimp.gif
. For the time that album came out and listening to it you could tell Big L wasbounds and leaps ahead his time.

not everyone is gana agree wit me wen i say dis..... but everything happens 4 a reason... even tho we all wish we kud get Big & Pac bak..they wer maudersfor Hip hop... they dedicated thier carrier to droppin The realest !$%* dat n e wun has ever heard... they inspiered so many dat kame after them to do greatthings n tho thier deaths were tragic, it actually brough the hip hop community together as a whole... we kant bring Big or Pac back but if we keep bumpinthier songs and remember wat hip hop use ta b lyk, then they will never die... Big & Pac r gud 4 hip hop n Life and n death. Believe dat! (916)

R.I.P

Back
Top Bottom