I wonder...

Why so many damn AJ1's this year?

Here's what I came up with:

Since last year (2008) marked the end of the numbered Air Jordan signature line and with this year (2009), JB releasing so many varieties and colorways of theAJ1's. Could this be a pattern for the years to come? I.E., 2010 will be AJ2's, 2011 will AJ3's, 2012 will be AJ4's, etc.

My theory is this year will be a new beginning of the numbered Air Jordan line...starting with the AJ1's. Just a thought.

Are you mentally challenged? What does the new shoe looking like the old one have to do with ANYTHING?
What the original poster is saying is that since the last REAL model (AJ XX3) has released, they are starting the spectrum over, starting with a load of AJI's this year, then the II's next year, and so forth.
smh.gif
, No wonder n's don't respect this board anymore.

I HIGHLY doubt this is a sign of anything. The AJ1's are just really cheap to make, and if they have jumpman on them, then JB knows people are gonna buy.

Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII

I HIGHLY doubt this is a sign of anything. The AJ1's are just really cheap to make, and if they have jumpman on them, then JB knows people are gonna buy.
Its the same with everyone other BIG number if they did they with the VI or XI then JB would make just as much or more then ever

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Are you mentally challenged? What does the new shoe looking like the old one have to do with ANYTHING?
What the original poster is saying is that since the last REAL model (AJ XX3) has released, they are starting the spectrum over, starting with a load of AJ I's this year, then the II's next year, and so forth.
smh.gif

You have 80 posts...what are you talking about respecting a board?

Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII

co-sign
JB can share midsoles and outsoles w/ Dunks and Dunk variations so
its cost reduction

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

What the original poster is saying is that since the last REAL model (AJ XX3) has released, they are starting the spectrum over, starting with a load of AJ I's this year, then the II's next year, and so forth.
smh.gif

Sorry for having a life
smh.gif
. You dudes are sad for associating posts with intelligence. I just don't respond to every last stupid topic made.

I actually thought about this but I deserted the idea. Some of the shoes ant have enouugh of a following to sell 20-30 diff colorways like the IIs for exampleand there would actually be prettyfew that could sell out if they make as many variations as they have with the Is. They did start the Is trend last year ifyou ask m though with straps barrons and militaries etc.

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

smh.gif

Sorry for having a life
smh.gif
. You dudes are sad for associating posts with intelligence. I just don't respond to every last stupid topic made.

I do have a life actually, notice the low post count...And you don't respond to stupid topics huh? I believe you just did in this thread...way tocontradict yourself, talk about being sad. And you obviously have no intelligence if your claiming people dont "respect" this message board...??that makes no sense, are we supposed to prove ourselves in the JB or something?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by STARZ

they would rather mess up a shoe everyone over looks, than risk the shoes that everyone loves ex.11's, 6's, 12's, 13's, and so on. because some people are just in love with the shoes its self, so when you see a black cat 11 your going to get them just because you have love for the shoe. Well that pattern you were talking about doesnt really seem to be a pattern look at the 1's they looked nothing like the aj 2009's they looked more like the 14 imo right? And im pretty sure you seen the aj 2010 by now that still looks nothing like the 2's imo they looked more like the melo 4 smh....

roll.gif

The response below your post is hilarious too

This is the reason.................it is called.................................................$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You do realize that in the 80's when the 1s first came out, they released a whole bunch of different colorways right?

So why are people so surprised.... I don't get it.

They're just cheap to make...why would they continue the cycle onto every year when they practically murdered the 1s with almost every colorway any othercolorway on other shoes would look ugly but on the 1s they look...decent....other than that they are cheap to make simple design and simple materials

Originally Posted by FlighT SkooL

And they were sitting on sale racks. So why repeat history? Haven't they learned their lesson?
So were the XIs at one point so I don't get your point.

My question was and still is, why is everyone so surprised they're releasing so many 1's, they did once, they can do it again.

No. They will make 1s FOREVER and 10 CWs per month because people keep lapping them up.. Quit buying and they will quit making them. It would never happen with2s though. They wouldn't sell.

yeah ive though of this alot of times... that we be bad. thered be so many and it wouldnt be that fun. retros wouldnt be that exciting anymore

with classic silhouettes at the peak of their popularity, such as dunks, air forces, etc., JB knows their classic looking sneaker can enter that market easily

but all they're doing is ruining the sneaker

I like flight skool's treory if he does it with the numbered J's, but the one's are playin themselves out tho. First off I'm not a huge fan ofthe 1's and on top of that he keeps hittin us wit new colorways for them every 2 mins...........
p.s. - another colorway will be created in 5,4,3,2,1......

no

they started making an over abundance of ones last year, so your theory is just wrong.

as stated, the popularity of shoes like blazers, dunks, AF is currently quite high, JB has one model that is similar to those and thats the AJ1, its just goodbusiness sense to milk this cash cow while they are trendy. I dont really see this happening with other models.

in addition, not only is it cheap to make 1s, they also have a lower retail than the other numbers, it would be much harder for JB to try and move so manycolorways of shoes that retail for 150 or more, its a much harder sell.

and finally, the AJ1 lends itself to a variety of colorways much more than most other models, the 2s for instance just are not made for a lot of differentcolors, I would be shocked if they tried to do anything close to them as they are doing to the 1s.

The Jordan I was the closet thing to a casual sneaker, kind of like the Dunks. They're cheap and kids keep buying em. +%$$ I'm guilty, I've boughtthe Hares and the Premium ones. I even got the Fathers Day joints for Fathers Day and the Barons.

Back
Top Bottom