I wonder...

Originally Posted by schmalzilla

The Jordan I was the closet thing to a casual sneaker, kind of like the Dunks. They're cheap and kids keep buying em. +%$$ I'm guilty, I've bought the Hares and the Premium ones. I even got the Fathers Day joints for Fathers Day and the Barons.

indifferent.gif

OP you're looking too deep into it. like some1 already said its just the cheapest AJ to make and easiest to mix n match CWs. its all about $$$$$ mang.

Edit: damn my typing sucked on this post
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII

I HIGHLY doubt this is a sign of anything. The AJ1's are just really cheap to make, and if they have jumpman on them, then JB knows people are gonna buy.
yeah im gonna go with this

Originally Posted by Rafool

You do realize that in the 80's when the 1s first came out, they released a whole bunch of different colorways right?

So why are people so surprised.... I don't get it.

Most seem to agree the desirable manufacturing costs as well as the trend of sneakers coming out are the main reasons JB is dropping 1's like it's notomorrow. I will agree with everyone on that which makes absolute sense. However, ya gotta admit just wayyy too many 1's have been releasing this yearalone and in all shapes and sizes; Low Phats, Mid Cuts, Straps, Hi, Premiums...it's ridiculous!

I'm just saying...who knows man. That's all. It's something to think about. And for those who don't care, then why reply? You put your littletime into this thread which says a lot more than the one/two word replies I see.

No doubt, I appreciate everyone's logical thoughts and opinions. That's what NT should be all about. Real talk.

I think thy are releasing so many because of the atraction to af1s and dunks. I will say I own a pair of barons though. As you can tell in my act I'm a bigbaseball person so I couldn't pass those up. Andi almost bought some of the low phats cause they were cheap

Originally Posted by FlighT SkooL

Why so many damn AJ1's this year?

Here's what I came up with:

Since last year (2008) marked the end of the numbered Air Jordan signature line and with this year (2009), JB releasing so many varieties and colorways of the AJ1's. Could this be a pattern for the years to come? I.E., 2010 will be AJ2's, 2011 will AJ3's, 2012 will be AJ4's, etc.

My theory is this year will be a new beginning of the numbered Air Jordan line...starting with the AJ1's. Just a thought.

i was thinkin the same thingg, bro... the only thing is that is what we would want... so of course Jordan is gonna go in the opposite direction...

The reason there are so many 1's releasing this year is because JB is greedy as hell. The 1's are the cheapest Jordans to make and sell. Basically allit is, is a good business plan: Revenues (money made from selling all those 1's) - Expenses (the money it took to make the 1's i.e. not very much) =Profit. Simple!

Back
Top Bottom