Identity & Self-Perception

Interesting topics were raised by my Lit professor in class today. Thought I'd share and see how NT feels about it.

1) Do you know exactly who you are (purpose/position in the world)? Are you in the process of figuring it out? Or do you have no idea?

2) Do you not care what people think about you? Do you judge yourself based on how peers treat/react to you? Or are you in between?

3) Do you attribute your identity and personality to family heritage, religious/cultural values, personal cultivation, or anything else that might determine how you act on a daily basis?

4) If someone asked you to define yourself in just a couple words (no limitations), how would you answer?

Curious about the feedback.

1) I know who I am/ still figuring some stuff out
2) I care what I think about me/ Im some what in between
3) personal cultivation and my family
4) always forward never walking back

1. Don't really wanna discuss that, but yeah, I know.

2. I'm not the type of person to make lifelong connections with people who aren't related to me, so what another person or "friend" thinks of me, doesn't change who I am. I usually end up adding to people's lives more than I take away.

3. I'm truly my own person and have been for as long as I can remember. My parents used to think I was making a deliberate effort to be different, but I'm just not wired like most people that I've met. I've always placed value in life experience instead of money or material things. Due to that, I've taken a lot of "risks" and have done things that most people wouldn't just to see how things would turn out or if they would impact me in a significant way.

4. I exist outside of time, but am here to experience it with you.

1) Somewhat.
2) I dont care what random people think of me, but i value the opinions of those whom i respect
3) I attribute alot of how i am to my discipline and dedication in not only my body but in Martial Arts as well.
    Although i do have that Latin fire that i gained from my dad, who's a bit of a hot-head in his own right
laugh.gif

4) Confident, Gentleman, Fearless.

HW?

4. Eternal life exists in my reality. It is because of me that everything exists, when I awake you awake, when I sleep you sleep too. No one is nothing without me..... Its real cause I believe to be real

1. I know who I am to a certain extent, I don't really have a set of purposes or positions. I just follow my intuitions/feelings/instincts.

2. I do care what specific people think. Peers opinion matter to a certain extent, I value others opinion.

3. My personality is based on my surrounding and the need to adapt, I can't really go into details because I really don't know how it formed.

4. eccentric

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

HW?

4. Eternal life exists in my reality. It is because of me that everything exists, when I awake you awake, when I sleep you sleep too. No one is nothing without me..... Its real cause I believe to be real

Only to find out you're the only non-existent being.

God complex.

1) I know who I am and I know what I want even if I don't know where I'm going or where life will lead me.  I know my strengths and I know my weaknesses, and I will succeed in whatever I do...except maybe women
laugh.gif

2)I could give a damn what others think, other than the obvious ones (i.e. boss)

3)My identity and personality comes from my religion, my parents, and most certainly my time in the Army.  My time in the Army was when I found myself.

4) Kind-hearted to the point of my own destruction, stubborn as hell, and just shy of completely insane.

1) To a certain extent, but for the most part, no idea. Still young and I dont know what will happen in my future/how I will affect those around me.

2) I only value the opinions of the people I value. Otherwise, nothing will really impact me.

3) My identity was shaped by strong cultural and religious values, both of which have been reinforced by my parents. However I carry a very different mindset than most of my family, and despite my religious values I am very openminded.

4) Optimistic, Introverted, Sarcastic.

1. I'm still in the process. Everyone is, until they're ready to die.

2. I'm in between, somewhat leaning towards the superficial side. But I'm strong willed, and can usually do what I want to when I want without second guessing myself on behalf of my peers.

3. I act like my father, a LOT. Which is funny, because during my childhood he wasn't really around too much. But I have many of the same problems he had while in high school, we agree on many of the sames, and when I visited him last I was essentially finishing his sentences for him. But, we SEVERELY differ with religion. He believes that my connection with god will be the most important thing I do in my life. I tend to disagree. My belief is that my impact on the world is far more important than my religious beliefs (or lack thereof.)

4. Egotistical pseudo-intellectual.

HW?

Shut your lame assup.

I hope you didn't mean for people to answer #4 in literally a couple words, because not one person has done that.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

HW?

Shut your lame assup.
Say you die today.....

will my opinion count? will I matter to your existence?

HW?

Shut your lame assup.
Say you die today.....

*yawns*

HW?

Shut your lame assup.
Say you die today.....

*yawns*

pwned

HW?

Shut your lame assup.
Say you die today.....

*yawns*

pwned
Say you die today, will his yawn count? Will his yawn matter to your existence?

1. i have an idea of who i want to be, but at the current moment i don't know who i am. yes im in the process of being that person i want to be.
2. i care about their opinion about me, but i don't allow them to change me. i try to follow give respect get respect but sometimes you have to take it.
3. personal cultivation, everything i valued up to this point i questioned, religion, love etc. the reason for this is because of my past experiences.
4. i am me.

1) I feel like I have an idea.

2) I don't care what most think or say, Im confident enough in myself to be who I am. I care what people who are close to me have to say though.

3) Personal cultivation

4) Confident, good heart, laid back, Introvert

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Interesting topics were raised by my Lit professor in class today. Thought I'd share and see how NT feels about it.

1) Do you know exactly who you are (purpose/position in the world)? Are you in the process of figuring it out? Or do you have no idea?

2) Do you not care what people think about you? Do you judge yourself based on how peers treat/react to you? Or are you in between?

3) Do you attribute your identity and personality to family heritage, religious/cultural values, personal cultivation, or anything else that might determine how you act on a daily basis?

4) If someone asked you to define yourself in just a couple words (no limitations), how would you answer?

Curious about the feedback.
1. I know my purpose

2. Most of the time...no.

3. Personal cultivation/perception.

4. Sarcastic, intelligent, intuitive, empathic, misunderstood, complex, funny

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

HW?

Shut your lame assup.
Say you die today.....

*yawns*

pwned

It would hurt

he responded and for that he now exists

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

HW?

Shut your lame assup.
Say you die today.....

*yawns*

pwned

It would hurt

he responded and for that he now exists
your belief has a flaw.

if i have the same belief as you do within my life. that means you don't exist. you are only a pawn in my life. you dont have any significance outside of being words on a screen that i find for amusement until i go to sleep. in which then, you cease to exist, until awaken and return to NT again.

we cant both have the same belief, because that would contradict the belief in itself. which means the belief cant be a reality.

Back
Top Bottom