If a random person is cursing around your kid, would you say something?

although i do think its rude to cuss in front of kids, it was the parents choice to have the child, not the cussing persons choice. The responsibility of the child's vocabulary falls upon that child's partent(s) irregardless of external influence.
its just as rude to ask someone to speak differently because a child's present as it is for that person to be cussing in front of a kid to begin with.

But I wouldn't say anything. I can't stop that person from using the language they choose to use in public. If I don't like it, I should leave. Not my place to say anything.

QFT and I feel as though you just have to let your kids know that adults going to do things they can't do like my parents and most of ours did.  I'm pretty most of our parents cursed around them but told them they better not do the same.

although i do think its rude to cuss in front of kids, it was the parents choice to have the child, not the cussing persons choice. The responsibility of the child's vocabulary falls upon that child's partent(s) irregardless of external influence.
its just as rude to ask someone to speak differently because a child's present as it is for that person to be cussing in front of a kid to begin with.

Originally Posted by manny1

OP

First. where the kids girls or boys?
Second: where the kids black?
Third: the lady for the video was she black?

no offence to anyone but the reason i am asking is because in Texas i have notice that the only ppl that do what you are describing are black women between the age of 15 and 50's. i never understood why do you need to get so loud to get your point across. I understand that you are mad but why not just talk like decent human beings and not get loud where you draw attention to you and whom every you are speaking to.

Preach
tired.gif

Originally Posted by manny1

OP

First. where the kids girls or boys?
Second: where the kids black?
Third: the lady for the video was she black?

no offence to anyone but the reason i am asking is because in Texas i have notice that the only ppl that do what you are describing are black women between the age of 15 and 50's. i never understood why do you need to get so loud to get your point across. I understand that you are mad but why not just talk like decent human beings and not get loud where you draw attention to you and whom every you are speaking to.

Preach
tired.gif

Yes.

I've told people on public transportation to keep it down with the cursing when I would take my little sister places. I have a foul mouth but if I see children or the elderly around, I cut it out.

Yes.

I've told people on public transportation to keep it down with the cursing when I would take my little sister places. I have a foul mouth but if I see children or the elderly around, I cut it out.

Yes.

Yes.

If I know we have to listen to it for a while, yes. No if someone curses for 5 seconds standing next to us and then leaves.

West2East got one long +#$ avy
laugh.gif

If I know we have to listen to it for a while, yes. No if someone curses for 5 seconds standing next to us and then leaves.

West2East got one long +#$ avy
laugh.gif

I don't have a kid but I'd say something if they cussing like crazy right in front of my (hypothetical) kid. I'd keep it respectful like "My man/fellas, can ya'll try to watch the language outta respect for my kid right here".

I don't have a kid but I'd say something if they cussing like crazy right in front of my (hypothetical) kid. I'd keep it respectful like "My man/fellas, can ya'll try to watch the language outta respect for my kid right here".

This has happened to me a few times around my daughter who's 3 years old. I give people "the look" or kindly tell them to watch their language around my daughter and they apologize and im in the hood all the time and I haven't had a problem. Its mostly young kids that are excited that talk like that but surprisingly they show respect after they realize they're wrong.

This has happened to me a few times around my daughter who's 3 years old. I give people "the look" or kindly tell them to watch their language around my daughter and they apologize and im in the hood all the time and I haven't had a problem. Its mostly young kids that are excited that talk like that but surprisingly they show respect after they realize they're wrong.

I'll tell you right to your face I can't watch my language cause I don't have the mirror on me my man what you going to do then???
laugh.gif

I'll tell you right to your face I can't watch my language cause I don't have the mirror on me my man what you going to do then???
laugh.gif

I'm not about that life, so I'd rather walk away and tell my kid that's the type a person to no emulate than to risk getting my *** kicked in front of my child.

Also, I was in a Toy R Us checkout trying to buy a gift, and I noticed myself cursing in conversation around the children in line
tired.gif

I'm not about that life, so I'd rather walk away and tell my kid that's the type a person to no emulate than to risk getting my *** kicked in front of my child.

Also, I was in a Toy R Us checkout trying to buy a gift, and I noticed myself cursing in conversation around the children in line
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

But I wouldn't say anything. I can't stop that person from using the language they choose to use in public. If I don't like it, I should leave. Not my place to say anything.
What if you're at a sporting event? I say this because someone isn't just going to pick up and leave. They paid for those seats.

I'd have to say that I'm guilty of cursing at games... but when I do realize there's a kid around, I tone it down.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

What if you're at a sporting event? I say this because someone isn't just going to pick up and leave. They paid for those seats.

I'd have to say that I'm guilty of cursing at games... but when I do realize there's a kid around, I tone it down.

Back
Top Bottom