If a random person is cursing around your kid, would you say something?

I'd either give them a look like yo chill out, or say something like yo there are children here..can you relax with all the profanity?

i dont care.
9 times out of 10 what they will hear out of my mouth is worse than what someone else will say.
im a martian
alien.gif

i dont care.
9 times out of 10 what they will hear out of my mouth is worse than what someone else will say.
im a martian
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Why would you even take it there though? That's what's wrong w/ people.

I know dude personally it was a joke.  I got it from seeing one of my friends do it in person though.

If my girl was with me and she could take my daughter to the car or somewhere else i would lay the hand of GOD on you (S/O to Maino lol). I got into a situation like that once already. If not I would just take a long look at you and hope to see you sometime soon under different circumstances. Its not worth endangering your child over pettiness.

I can't stop you from trying to lay the hand of GOD on me but you better hope that it lays me out or else.  That's what the all them years of martial arts training is for
laugh.gif
.  Outside of that though like I told the other cat I was joking but I don't really like for cats to tell other grown people how to behave (even if I agree with what the person is saying) like that's their child.

I figured you was joking, but at the same time thats some disrespectful !*@ to say to someone with their kid
laugh.gif
. I can understand you not wanting someone to tell you how to behave but at the same time you have to show some respect if you want to receive any. And I been boxing since I was 9 years old(30 now) so hopefully I get a clean shot while you're still flapping your gums
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Why would you even take it there though? That's what's wrong w/ people.

I know dude personally it was a joke.  I got it from seeing one of my friends do it in person though.

If my girl was with me and she could take my daughter to the car or somewhere else i would lay the hand of GOD on you (S/O to Maino lol). I got into a situation like that once already. If not I would just take a long look at you and hope to see you sometime soon under different circumstances. Its not worth endangering your child over pettiness.

I can't stop you from trying to lay the hand of GOD on me but you better hope that it lays me out or else.  That's what the all them years of martial arts training is for
laugh.gif
.  Outside of that though like I told the other cat I was joking but I don't really like for cats to tell other grown people how to behave (even if I agree with what the person is saying) like that's their child.

I figured you was joking, but at the same time thats some disrespectful !*@ to say to someone with their kid
laugh.gif
. I can understand you not wanting someone to tell you how to behave but at the same time you have to show some respect if you want to receive any. And I been boxing since I was 9 years old(30 now) so hopefully I get a clean shot while you're still flapping your gums
wink.gif
laugh.gif

I don't have a kid but I'd say something if they cussing like crazy right in front of my (hypothetical) kid. I'd keep it respectful like "My man/fellas, can ya'll try to watch the language outta respect for my kid right here".

I'll tell you right to your face I can't watch my language cause I don't have the mirror on me my man what you going to do then???
laugh.gif

Hilarious.  I'd just sit there like "damn, oh well" cause ___ is crazy nowadays.  Like the other stories in here, I aint getting shot or putting hands on you cause you want to curse.  Heck with that. 

Yo, I might come out this weekend, let you know.  Next weekend I'm definitely trying to go to AC.  Jazzy Jeff is DJ'ing at Mixx. 

I don't have a kid but I'd say something if they cussing like crazy right in front of my (hypothetical) kid. I'd keep it respectful like "My man/fellas, can ya'll try to watch the language outta respect for my kid right here".

I'll tell you right to your face I can't watch my language cause I don't have the mirror on me my man what you going to do then???
laugh.gif

Hilarious.  I'd just sit there like "damn, oh well" cause ___ is crazy nowadays.  Like the other stories in here, I aint getting shot or putting hands on you cause you want to curse.  Heck with that. 

Yo, I might come out this weekend, let you know.  Next weekend I'm definitely trying to go to AC.  Jazzy Jeff is DJ'ing at Mixx. 

last time in Vegas I was getting in an elevator with friends, and we were cursing up a storm. Some old guy came up to us, held the door open, and told us to apologize for using foul language around women (his wife)
laugh.gif

i said sorry and kept it moving. felt stupid and embarrassed afterwards though
laugh.gif

last time in Vegas I was getting in an elevator with friends, and we were cursing up a storm. Some old guy came up to us, held the door open, and told us to apologize for using foul language around women (his wife)
laugh.gif

i said sorry and kept it moving. felt stupid and embarrassed afterwards though
laugh.gif

^asking someone to watch their language in sin city strikes me as ironic. 
it is funny how upset people can get about words that most don't even know the origin of

^asking someone to watch their language in sin city strikes me as ironic. 
it is funny how upset people can get about words that most don't even know the origin of

I do say something when their is any foul language being said around my younger brother.  I'm 26 and he's 6 so I take on the parent role when I take him out and I do NOT swear around him and rarely swear in general (was always told it's a sign of stupidity and a limited vocabulary).  I also work with youth so I will tell adults and older youth to watch their language.

"Excuse me sir/miss, could you please refrain from swearing in front of my little brother?" is about what I'll usually say.  I've never really gotten more than eye-rolls and lip-smacking when I've said it in a calm, respectful tone and manner.

I do say something when their is any foul language being said around my younger brother.  I'm 26 and he's 6 so I take on the parent role when I take him out and I do NOT swear around him and rarely swear in general (was always told it's a sign of stupidity and a limited vocabulary).  I also work with youth so I will tell adults and older youth to watch their language.

"Excuse me sir/miss, could you please refrain from swearing in front of my little brother?" is about what I'll usually say.  I've never really gotten more than eye-rolls and lip-smacking when I've said it in a calm, respectful tone and manner.

Whether I'm in a setting where it's easy to just leave or not, I wouldn't do it. I feel as though that would just irritate the person with the foul language, and make things worse, especially if it's an adult.

Whether I'm in a setting where it's easy to just leave or not, I wouldn't do it. I feel as though that would just irritate the person with the foul language, and make things worse, especially if it's an adult.

I wouldn't say anything, because if you don't want your kid or the elderly to hear curse words, than you should keep them at home.. I don't curse out loud and stuff, but if i'm having a conversation at a publc event wit the people i'm with, and some curse words slip out don't say my kids here can you chill? I'm gonna say nah(in a respectful way) and say if you dont want your child to hear cursing than don't bring him out the house

I wouldn't say anything, because if you don't want your kid or the elderly to hear curse words, than you should keep them at home.. I don't curse out loud and stuff, but if i'm having a conversation at a publc event wit the people i'm with, and some curse words slip out don't say my kids here can you chill? I'm gonna say nah(in a respectful way) and say if you dont want your child to hear cursing than don't bring him out the house

Back
Top Bottom