If Aaliyah Hadn't Passed, Would Starlets Like Beyonce Be As Successful?

Brandy and Monica was actually hotter in the 90's. Aaliyah was 3rd behind them. People don't recall Brandy first 2 albums (Brandy) sold 6 million and (Never Say Never) sold 16 million. Monica and Brandy also had more top 10 hits. Aaliyah def had her own style and image though 
pimp.gif
Brandy was the biggest female teen star back in the 90's.

[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th][th=""]Album details[/th][th=""]Peak chart positions[/th][th=""]Sales[/th][th=""]Certifications
(sales thresholds)[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]US
[sup][11][/sup][/th][th=""]AUS
[sup][12][/sup][/th][th=""]BEL
[sup][13][/sup][/th][th=""]CAN
[sup][11][/sup][/th][th=""]FRA
[sup][14][/sup][/th][th=""]GER
[sup][15][/sup][/th][th=""]NET
[sup][16][/sup][/th][th=""]NOR
[sup][17][/sup][/th][th=""]NZ
[sup][16][/sup][/th][th=""]SWE
[sup][18][/sup][/th][th=""]SWI
[sup][19][/sup][/th][th=""]UK
[sup][20][/sup][/th][/tr][tr][td]1994[/td][td]Brandy[/td][td]20[/td][td]26[/td][td]—[/td][td]20[/td][td]—[/td][td]86[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]—[/td][td]World: 6,000,000[sup][21][/sup]
US: 2,120,000[sup][22][/sup][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]1998[/td][td]Never Say Never[/td][td]2[/td][td]13[/td][td]21[/td][td]3[/td][td]12[/td][td]10[/td][td]5[/td][td]25[/td][td]21[/td][td]15[/td][td]11[/td][td]19[/td][td]World: 16,000,000[sup][21][/sup]
US: 4,400,000[sup][22][/sup][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

^Without Brandy and her breakthrough success, Beyonce, Aaliyah, etc. would have had a much harder time IMO.

I say that simply because she broke down so many barriers. She had her own sitcom with Moesha that had like 7 seasons and is nationally syndicated. She sold millions of albums and had smash records. She was freakin Cinderella for God's sake, and she doesn't fit the typical European standard of beauty. Her success made it that much easier for all of them to follow afterwards. She was the first black female teen superstar

^Without Brandy and her breakthrough success, Beyonce, Aaliyah, etc. would have had a much harder time IMO.

I say that simply because she broke down so many barriers. She had her own sitcom with Moesha that had like 7 seasons and is nationally syndicated. She sold millions of albums and had smash records. She was freakin Cinderella for God's sake, and she doesn't fit the typical European standard of beauty. Her success made it that much easier for all of them to follow afterwards. She was the first black female teen superstar

I don't think if Aaliyah was alive she'd have the fame/popularity that Beyonce has or would stop B from doing her with her movement since D'sC. If anything I probably would see her having a career like Alicia Keys.

I don't think if Aaliyah was alive she'd have the fame/popularity that Beyonce has or would stop B from doing her with her movement since D'sC. If anything I probably would see her having a career like Alicia Keys.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Aaliyah would have fallen off as well just like everyone else from her era of music. Her musical talent and influence was inflated because she died just like all of the other musicians who died(Biggie, 2pac, lefteye, etc.).

Im not saying she didnt make good music though. i know how dudes like to misconstrue statements.

But nobody wants to hear the truth so im about to be flamed.
Nah, its true. I really feel that Biggie and Pac would have eventually fallen off as well. The only difference imo with how things would have turned out would have been who would have been the ones to blow up after them. Yeah someone would have surpassed them, but it may not have been those who are hot right now. 

Aaliyah would have fallen off as well just like everyone else from her era of music. Her musical talent and influence was inflated because she died just like all of the other musicians who died(Biggie, 2pac, lefteye, etc.).

Im not saying she didnt make good music though. i know how dudes like to misconstrue statements.

Nah, its true. I really feel that Biggie and Pac would have eventually fallen off as well. The only difference imo with how things would have turned out would have been who would have been the ones to blow up after them. Yeah someone would have surpassed them, but it may not have been those who are hot right now. 

If Baby Girl was still here....

Ciara - she wouldnt have been round - she was basically a poor mans Aaliyah that could dance. I appreciate her though nonetheless.

Keri Hilson - aint no mega star in my eye to begin with, not even bigger than Ciara was at her peak, so Im not sure where shed be. Probably just writing songs.

Rihanna - yeah Im sure she would be doin something. shes a different kind of artist if you know what I mean. Great appeal to all races.

Beyonce - she would definitely still be making noise. Aaliyah & B are two totally different R&B artists so I dont think they would conflict with each others career. She has undeniable talent that was gonna showcase regardless. Unlike Ciara and Keri, B was makin moves while Aaliyah was alive so she was already on her way.

If Baby Girl was still here....

Ciara - she wouldnt have been round - she was basically a poor mans Aaliyah that could dance. I appreciate her though nonetheless.

Keri Hilson - aint no mega star in my eye to begin with, not even bigger than Ciara was at her peak, so Im not sure where shed be. Probably just writing songs.

Rihanna - yeah Im sure she would be doin something. shes a different kind of artist if you know what I mean. Great appeal to all races.

Beyonce - she would definitely still be making noise. Aaliyah & B are two totally different R&B artists so I dont think they would conflict with each others career. She has undeniable talent that was gonna showcase regardless. Unlike Ciara and Keri, B was makin moves while Aaliyah was alive so she was already on her way.

I agree with you man.

She did have classic songs in her catalogue though.

I agree with you man.

She did have classic songs in her catalogue though.

for the record, without reading the post...

beyonce > aaliyah......by a landslide.

for the record, without reading the post...

beyonce > aaliyah......by a landslide.

why everybody say if pac was alive no wack $%%#%% would be out?

yall pac fans is the same dudes telling me "you dont understand" lil b, tho....

pac wouldnt have shut anything down...however, i dont believe 50 cent woulda been the next pac had pac not died.

why everybody say if pac was alive no wack $%%#%% would be out?

yall pac fans is the same dudes telling me "you dont understand" lil b, tho....

pac wouldnt have shut anything down...however, i dont believe 50 cent woulda been the next pac had pac not died.

yea..r&b aint rap...like if pac were alive 75% of these clowns wouldnt exist...

yea..r&b aint rap...like if pac were alive 75% of these clowns wouldnt exist...

For ppl here to say Big and Pac would have fallen off if they were around today have NO CLUE how much of an impact those two men had on the game. To this day, your favorite rapper EXIST due to their death. Like seriously...........

For ppl here to say Big and Pac would have fallen off if they were around today have NO CLUE how much of an impact those two men had on the game. To this day, your favorite rapper EXIST due to their death. Like seriously...........

I dont see why keri or ciara wouldnt blow....if anything labels would still sign and put out keri and ciara music because they would want something close to aaliyah...now would they last ? ciara no obviously, she really is just a dancer not much of a voice, now keri on the other hand she's a song writer they have success in the industry so I still say she would get her own...hell if anything she would have been writing tracks for aaliyah.

Beyonce would have made it based off the drive and will power of her father, would she be as big well that's a different subject...I mean with timbo aint no telling

I dont see why keri or ciara wouldnt blow....if anything labels would still sign and put out keri and ciara music because they would want something close to aaliyah...now would they last ? ciara no obviously, she really is just a dancer not much of a voice, now keri on the other hand she's a song writer they have success in the industry so I still say she would get her own...hell if anything she would have been writing tracks for aaliyah.

Beyonce would have made it based off the drive and will power of her father, would she be as big well that's a different subject...I mean with timbo aint no telling

Back
Top Bottom