If Aaliyah was alive would she be the G.O.A.T.?

watching the behind the music right now and its just messed up.
frown.gif
frown.gif
Beyonce wouldnt even have had a chance with her in the picture. And damn she was hella beautiful and just seemed down to earth. may she R.I.P.

Her, Static, Missy and Timbo would have created more classics
Goats are animals, yall @%%%%* kill me with that jargon, ain't no greatest.

No

and Beyonce would be exactly where she is now.

i always thought the whole Missy/Tim/Magoo/Ginuwine/Aaliyah/Playa crew seemed so real and close...

like they genuinely all loved and cared for each other...

i never got that vibe from any other crew in the industry...

ill have to catch the rerun...forgot it came on tonight

the g.o.a.t. what?  Female performer?
Nah bruh, let's not let nostalgia and emotion get in the way of the truth.  
Aaliyah had hits, was beautiful, she was good dancer/performer but her voice was never
up there with the top notch singers of that time like Brandy and Monica.  Heck, Brandy was an even bigger

star than them all back then and well....

Who knows if she could have sustained...

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

the g.o.a.t. what?  Female performer?
Nah bruh, let's not let nostalgia and emotion get in the way of the truth.  
Aaliyah had hits, was beautiful, she was good dancer/performer but her voice was never
up there with the top notch singers of that time like Brandy and Monica.  Heck, Brandy was an even bigger

star than them all back then and well....

Who knows if she could have sustained
All of this. Her vocal was never that good, was a good dancer/performer, who was hot. She was the rihanna of that time. For every reason people believe she would have been this megastar, there are equal reasons to believe that she was just a good r&b artist, who benefited from coming into the game young. Just as easily as she could have became a legend, who's to say she wouldn't have just burned out? 

Aaliyah looked like an angel, I have said that corny !*#! to plenty of females I smashed, but aaliyah really did.

Nah, I've seen videos of her performing live like one of them she was singing One in a Million in spring break. She didn't sound good live as she does on records. But still her music is appreciated

Originally Posted by LaunchPadMcQuack

watching the behind the music right now and its just messed up.
frown.gif
frown.gif
Beyonce wouldnt even have had a chance with her in the picture. And damn she was hella beautiful and just seemed down to earth. may she R.I.P.

where do y'all get this from? 
y'all beastin on her cuz she dead. she was a good artist no doubt. i really like her, but what leads you to believe she would just monopolize the game? people fade...why couldn't she? we'll never know, but it's just funny how every artist that died could have been soooo amazing when people on their level at the time simply faded. 

R.I.P. Aaliyah though 

one of the dumbest things I've read in a min 
laugh.gif

I loved Aaliyah as much as the next person, but let's not catapult her abilities just because she had a tragic death.  her vocal talent was relatively average.  but she could dance and entertain, and the team of geniuses around her crafted some amazing records for her.  Come on now...her first 2 albums was mainly R.Kelly, Timbaland, Missy, Static Major crafting her sound.  What a combo 
sick.gif

Her pilot should've NEVER listened to her &\should have went with his gut. What a shame.

Back
Top Bottom