If Aaron Rodgers does the impossible (MVP,SB, SBMVP,16-0)...

He would be the best player in the history of professional sports. There would be statues in every city depicting his greatness.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

He would be the best player in the history of professional sports. There would be statues in every city depicting his greatness.

Your blatant attempt to ignore Tebow will not go unpunished.

If this tall feat is accomplished, I would have to agree that he had the best year for a quarterback, ever. Not only that, he would have to be considered as the greatest quarterback of all time. He will have had two super bowl victories, as well as the best year ever.

The only argument that can be made against him would be Brett Favre. Because Favre would be the only quarterback who has "something" over him (longevity and all-time records). He would have less Superbowls than other but his undefeated season trumps all.

What if both Rodgers and Brees pass Dan Marino's passing yardage record and the Saints end up beating the Packers in the NFCCG and then win the SB? That would be AWESOME!!! Who would we remember more from this year, Brees or Rodgers?

No. Aaron Rodgers is not better than any of the best QBs in the past 10 years.

However, I feel his season will go exactly the same as Tom Brady's did when he(they) chased perfection.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Your blatant attempt to ignore Tebow will not go unpunished.

lol

It would be the equivalent of the best individual season in a team sport ever. Only compariosn was Jordan's last title and Barry Bonds roiding up the record book.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Can something be impossible if someone does it? Hmm
philosoraptor.jpg

Three QB's chasing history.

Dan Marino owns the NFL record for passing yards in a season, with 5,084 in 1984. He averaged 23 completions and 35 attempts per game. It is amazing to me the record has stood for 27 years given the steady growth of the passing game.

Three quarterbacks -- Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Aaron Rodgers -- are on pace to break Marino's mark. Will any of them finally eclipse the 5,084 yard mark over the remaining four games of the season? (See box, right.)

Note that only Rodgers attempts less passes per game than Marino did, and take a look at the pass defense ranking of the final four opponents for each quarterback. On paper, Brady has the easiest pass defenses to face in the final four games. Brees throws the ball the most and completes the most passes. Rodgers throws it the least and clearly faces a much tougher group of pass defenses.

Another interesting note: Marino threw 48 touchdowns that year. Rodgers has 37, and Brees and Brady have 30 each. It doesn't look like any of the three will match Marino there, especially if their teams shut things down in the last week of the season if there's nothing to play for.

The 200 ClubThe NFL is a passing league and every head coach would love to have a consistent 300-yard passer who can drop an occasional 400-yard game on an opponent. But in Week 13 there were eight QBs who threw for less than 200 yards … and won.

T.J. Yates Matt Hasselbeck, Tyler Palko, Joe Flacco, T.J. Yates, Matt Moore, Ben Roethlisberger, Tarvaris Jackson and Mark Sanchez all recorded a win. Interestingly enough, Tim Tebow threw for more yards than all eight.

In Week 12, there were seven quarterbacks who won a game while throwing for less than 200 yards. Hasselbeck, Sanchez, and Roethlisberger were in that group both weeks. In Week 11, there were five. It's interesting to note in a league that has become so dependent on the pass.

The money quarterThird down widely is known as the money down. It's time to acknowledge the fourth quarter as the money quarter. And nobody has been more money in the final 15 minutes than Eli Manning.

Manning is No. 1 in the league with 1,315 fourth-quarter passing yards. That is 35.4 percent of his entire passing yardage. The next closest QB in fourth-quarter yards is Cam Newton with 1,044, which is impressive for a rookie. But Manning leaves all of the other NFL quarterbacks in the dust with 13 fourth-quarter touchdown passes. The next closest is Tom Brady with 10.

The two quarterbacks with the most fourth-quarter attempts are Colt McCoy and Matt Ryan. They have 285 attempts and only 11 touchdowns between them to Eli's 13 in 137 attempts. When it comes to completion percentage, Eli tops the list with a 67.2 percent rate. Finally, Manning has the best fourth-quarter QB rating in the league with a 120.5. Aaron Rodgers is the next in line at 112.6. Tim Tebow is third at 109.7.

I hope he does it...I like seeing history be made in sports...damn giants had to mess up the 07' season and I dont even like the Pats...

He is already having one of the best regular seasons for a QB....ever....its been unreal.

Colt McCoy and Matt Ryan. They have 285 attempts and only 11 touchdowns between them to Eli's 13 in 137 attempts.

Matty checkdown.
laugh.gif

If he goes undefeated I don't think it'll make him the best ever. You need a body of work and although 2 Super Bowls is 2 years is something special I'm not sure you get GOAT quite yet. I mean if it were to happen and then he ended up dying in the off season.....he would be remembered for having the potential to be great.....no being GOAT.

laugh.gif

He'll be the best ever until the next guy comes 3-4 years from now. Like clockwork.

Tom Brady in 2007 went for 4,806 / 69% / 50 TDs, was MVP, and was 3 points away from going 19-0 himself.

Back
Top Bottom