If Aaron Rodgers does the impossible (MVP,SB, SBMVP,16-0)...

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

laugh.gif
 @ best ever. Sports & Training, home to Prisoners of the Moment.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Add me to the best ever group because I would include the streak to end last season.  That would be like 24 straight regular season wins including 2 playoffs and Super Bowls.  Something that no team has come close to.  

Originally Posted by cguy610

Add me to the best ever group because I would include the streak to end last season.  That would be like 24 straight regular season wins including 2 playoffs and Super Bowls.  Something that no team has come close to.  
Made this up for CP in the QB's thread... Stats for Rodgers the last 39 games.
  [table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Games[/td] [td]Games Started[/td] [td]Comp.[/td] [td]Att.[/td] [td]Comp %[/td] [td]Yds Per Game[/td] [td]Yards[/td] [td]YPA[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]TD%[/td] [td]INT[/td] [td]INT%[/td] [td]QB Rate[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RS 09 wk 11-17[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]161[/td] [td]245[/td] [td]65.7[/td] [td]284.3[/td] [td]1990[/td] [td]8.1[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]5.3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0.08[/td] [td]104.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PS 2009[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]66.7[/td] [td]423[/td] [td]423[/td] [td]10.1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]9.5[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]121.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RS 2010[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]312[/td] [td]475[/td] [td]65.7[/td] [td]261.5[/td] [td]3922[/td] [td]8.3[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]101.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PS 2010[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]132[/td] [td]68.2[/td] [td]273.5[/td] [td]1094[/td] [td]8.3[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]6.8[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]109.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RS 2011[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]288[/td] [td]408[/td] [td]70.6[/td] [td]316[/td] [td]3844[/td] [td]9.2[/td] [td]37[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]124.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Total[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]879[/td] [td]1302[/td] [td]67.5[/td] [td]287[/td] [td]11273[/td] [td]8.7[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]111[/td] [/tr][/table]

I still think my son Peyton is the best ever next to Marino but this dude Aaron Rodgers would be RIGHT up there or right above them.

I'm sorry
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

laugh.gif
 @ best ever. Sports & Training, home to Prisoners of the Moment.

Indeed...we've been imprisoned for quite some time now.
Goin on a year this Sunday

I think some of you guys forget how hard it is just for a team to repeat, let alone repeat and go undefeated. That's unprecedented and really unimaginable, which is also why I have said before that there is no shot of that happening.

idk... even if he did, we would have to wait to see.

i feel like this is going to become a trend.. for all we know, Brees could top Rodgers season next year, and Brady could top it the year after that. what Marino did (in his 2nd year at that) was ridiculous for the era he was playing in.. its not as impressive now imo, the league has changed.

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

Did you get the memo? They'll be losing to the Raiders Sunday.

After reading what you posted in the game thread and then seeing you as the most recent poster in this thread, I knew before entering you were gonna say exactly this.
Raiders don't have a chance bub. An injury depleted Raiders team with Carson Palmer at the helm will not beat Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

ok so they basically touched the raiders no no parts and broke it off.

the next games are cake walks with a bye week up off in there.
what if....

he goes undefeated, wins sb, then wins like the next 10 in a row next season... would he then be goat?

what if....

he goes undefeated, wins sb, then wins like the next 10 in a row next season... would he then be goat?

What if he never loses again....ever
challenge.jpg

I remember someone on here posting stats comparing him to Brady, Manning and Brees and he was either ahead or about to be in damn near everything. Watching him play is just football at its finest. He's not just moving an offense with check downs and slants he's going for the jugular on every play. That's entertaining as hell. If the Pack go undefeated and win the SB again with him as all around MVP? He's the greatest of all time, in my eyes. But of course then everybody will bring up a plethora of miscellaneous issues to discredit all of his accomplishments, Montana, Elway etc etc.
eyes.gif

aarons pocket presence is absolute garbage next to thomas edward brady junior the greatest NFL quarterback of all time

aaron runs away from pressure

Brady steps INTO it (and takes sever punishment for it)

brady's story is mj-esque. snubbing brady was the worst thing the nfl could've ever done....they created a monster, he is a true testament to the will of one man against the tide of historic expectation.

deal w/ it NT

Brady the god of nfl quarterbacking

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by pdoggy85

The Miami Heat will retire his jersey.

Lakers too
laugh.gif
 You obviously don't get the joke. 
We only retire all-time greats who have played for our franchise. 

No, he still would have 2 more SBs to match the GOAT. If he does, then let's talk. 

Greatest individual season does not automatically equate to best ever. But he is on a good path, why don't we wait and see before throwing labels like that around. Patience is so rare

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by pdoggy85

The Miami Heat will retire his jersey.

Lakers too
laugh.gif

No, he still would have 2 more SBs to match the GOAT. If he does, then let's talk. 
Not saying that Montana is NOT the GOAT... But its not clear cut that he is.  IMO Peyton may be the GOAT and Rodgers already has matched him in terms of SB's.  Some of the best All Time QB's have 1 or no SB wins.

I'm also not saying that Rodgers would be the GOAT or anything if the Pack gets another ring with 19-0 even... He'd be on his way to making a hell of a case for it but still got a ways to go.

IMO u cant call him the GOAT until he has at least 3 SBs . Peyton is nowhere near the GOAT imo. Brady > Manning and no I dont think Brady is GOAT but hes top 3. Rodgers hasnt been doing it long enough. Brady and Manning been great for 10+ years . Rodgers on the other hand, about 1 1/2.

At the end of the day theres no question Rodgers will go down as one of if not the best QB of all time . But people are so quick to forget others
laugh.gif

If Rodgers makes the SB and so do the Pats and the Pats win, it will be "
eek.gif
Brady 4 SBs hes def the GoAT!!" if
Rodgers won, same thing. Prisoners of the moment indeed.

SBs aside, he needs to get some years under his belt before being in the discussion. Any QB needs many years before being in the conversation

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Lakers too
laugh.gif

Not saying that Montana is NOT the GOAT... But its not clear cut that he is.  IMO Peyton may be the GOAT and Rodgers already has matched him in terms of SB's.  Some of the best All Time QB's have 1 or no SB wins.

I'm also not saying that Rodgers would be the GOAT or anything if the Pack gets another ring with 19-0 even... He'd be on his way to making a hell of a case for it but still got a ways to go.
You're not saying Joe is not the GOAT but you're implying he isn't since in your opinion Peyton is the GOAT. The GOAT would never let his team lose in a Super Bowl and unfortunately for Peyton he did. Honestly, "ifs" shouldn't be in the dictionary because you never see the flip side of that. We'll just have to see because right now this is all speculations. But here's a proven fact. Joe doesn't lose Super Bowls. 

Back
Top Bottom