If Aaron Rodgers does the impossible (MVP,SB, SBMVP,16-0)...

i treat you guys like i do my life long friends....name calling, put downs, runnin my mouth
i love you guys tho 
embarassed.gif
.....every single nter.  

cuz nt is a microcosm of the real world right?  treat each other like dirt and still have fun but if the aliens come down and start messin best believe im ridin for yall 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thats me in a nutshell

DeadsetAce wrote:
Originally Posted by University of Nike

A Super Bowl ring is a team effort. You're telling me that Troy Aikman > Dan Marino?
agree

What you are saying may be true in reality, but not in how things are viewed.  

Joe is largely named the best QB of all time based on what?  4-0 Super Bowls.  Cuz it ain't stats, it ain't his throwing power/motion/velocity, it ain't his legs, let's face it, it's because he won 4 bowls in a decade. 

So while there is a side that knows Trent Dilfer does not > Marino, that same side then turns and says Joe > Marino in the same breath. 

I'm not saying you two specifically, I know that you guys know what you're talkin about, but the general masses use Super Bowls as their gauge.  Much the same as NBA rings are used for players in that sport.

Until someone unites both the rings, and the #'s together, along with playing with other greats, and mediocre casts as well, there will never be a clear cut definitive GOAT QB imo.  So many variables to look at when judging QB's.  Run games, O-Lines, WR's, defenses, era, coaching, system, injury, playoffs, etc etc. 

Maybe Aaron goes on that run, and puts a resume together that will elevate him to the upper tier of the list, but as of today, I could listen to arguments for Joe, John, Tom, Peyton, Dan, Brett and see where a person was coming from.  Hell, Kurt Warner might need to be on that list as well. 

I dont think Rodgers will be considered GOAT, but he will go down with the greats and will be guaranteed a spot in the HOF, 1st year of induction. And to think that at one point, I thought it would never be a person who could outdo Favre's tenure in Green Bay.

Also, if this happens, its bound to be some people in the Bears organization and their fans who will be on suicide watch (thank god I denounced my Bears support #feelsgoodman)

Originally Posted by CP1708

DeadsetAce wrote:
Originally Posted by University of Nike

A Super Bowl ring is a team effort. You're telling me that Troy Aikman > Dan Marino?
agree

Cuz it ain't stats, it ain't his throwing power/motion/velocity, it ain't his legs, let's face it, it's because he won 4 bowls in a decade. 

Until someone unites both the rings, and the #'s together, along with playing with other greats, and mediocre casts as well, there will never be a clear cut definitive GOAT QB imo.  So many variables to look at when judging QB's.  Run games, O-Lines, WR's, defenses, era, coaching, system, injury, playoffs, etc etc. 

Maybe Aaron goes on that run, and puts a resume together that will elevate him to the upper tier of the list, but as of today, I could listen to arguments for Joe, John, Tom, Peyton, Dan, Brett and see where a person was coming from.  Hell, Kurt Warner might need to be on that list as well. 

you mean like some super all definitive QBR stat??
eek.gif
 i like this idea alot CP 
nerd.gif

someone get on it

i think you should also factor in what round that qb was taken in and thus how much or how little he defied the odds stacked against him 
tongue.gif

No, not some QBR which is garbage. 

Like Joe plays with Roger Craig, Jerry Rice, John Taylor and Brent Jones, and a solid O-Line the defense doesn't know if it's run, pass, pass left, pass right, etc. 

Whereas Dan plays with a decent line, good receivers in Clayton and Duper, a decent tight end for like 2 years in Keith Jackson, and zero running back.  The defense knows, it's a pass, either left or right. 

Imagine if Dan had Craig, Rice, Taylor, O-Line, Jones and Bill Walsh, and Joe was left with Duper, Clayton, and a decent O-Line.  Suddenly both QB's lives change dramatically and the effects would be noticeable. 

There is no QBR for that.  Nor will there ever be. 

The Superbowl is the biggest trophy in all of sports. I dont care what anyone says, the NBA Finals, World Series, Stanley Cup, etc. does not compare to the Lombardi. I hate when people say its a team effort when winning the superbowl. Although its true, everyone knows its up to the Quarterback to have one of the best games of his career. Thats why people say Joe Montana has said number of Superbowls, or Tom Brady has said number of Superbowls. No one says that 49ers sqaud that won the superbowl in 1989 played really well. , or when the Pats won the superbowl in 2001 Tom Brady sure did have a good game. NO, its Joe Montana won the superbowl, and Tom Brady won the superbowl. Rightfully so, because there isn't more pressure on anyone other than the quarterback. When a team wins the superbowl its 80% if not more on how the QB plays. The Quarterback is capable of winning the game by himself, and its almost expected. He's gotta find a way to make it happen. If the defense lets up 3 touchdowns, its up to the quarterback to match that. 
When your great it is up to you to succeed in the playoffs and the Superbowl. That is the reason we dont say Trent Dilfer won a Superbowl. Cause we all damn well know it was the Ravens defense that won it. The credit goes to the defense. It's a team game? Those who stand by this I doubt are giving any credit to Trent Dilfer for winning a superbowl. You along with everyone else are giving the credit to the defense. And thats the way it should be, cause the Defense not only won the superbowl but got them there to begin with. 

Stats play a role, but what good are your stats if you arent capable of putting up numbers when it counts. That is why Manning can't be considered the GOAT. Why should he be the GOAT for putting up big numbers the most in games that dont matter as much? Regular season stats are crazy high, cool, just to choke in the first round? Where did those numbers in the regular season get you? No where. Peyton Manning the GOAT of the Regular Season, now there's an argument. Marino? The only thing this dude is known for is his yards record. (Not to discredit his stats throughout his whole career) No one says Marino and GOAT in the same sentence.

The reason Rodgers is being talked as the GOAT is because nothing has looked more certain. He's got the stats since he first started. He's improved quicker than anyone. He won a superbowl while it appears he's still another few years away from his prime..He's on his way to his second, giving him alot of time to match Montana and Brady. Rodgers going 19-0 looks more probable than Brady when he was doing it. If he gets it he'll have an edge. Doing it to repeat makes it an even bigger feat. Team game though? It doenst matter how many points the other team has, Rodgers has been putting up more. Team game? You telling me the Packers team as a whole as more to do with winning these past 19 consecutive games that Rodgers..lol no. Everyones focusing on what Rodgers has done because this win streak is a work of Rodgers and everyone knows it. We just need to see if he can continue this in the playoffs. 

The team game argument is a joke. The Quarterback position is the most important position in all of sports. Not one position is focused on more. There isnt more pressure on any postion in sports than the Quarterback. You could say Rodgers has the WR's around him to make it easier. Brady did it with no WR's. Its on the QB. 

The team game argument is really only used to defend your favorite quarterback not named Montana or Brady. 

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Can we let him get past Kansas City first? People get way ahead of themselves this time every year.
laugh.gif
Smart man
But you know even you assumed they were already past the Chiefs when you wrote this.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ssjjfar

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

Can we let him get past Kansas City first? People get way ahead of themselves this time every year.
laugh.gif
Smart man
But you know even you assumed they were already past the Chiefs when you wrote this.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

looks like I was wrong. Aaron Rodgers isn't a legend, last season was just a fluke 
laugh.gif

To early to say, his career is so short for comparing him to anyone yet, his numbers are sick though 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom