If Buddens and Lupe are the new Nas and Jay....

Im about to start cheking for Enya or some $%+$ cause the Hip-Hop I grew to know and love is a reynolds....There is no denying that these cats are lyricallybrilliant, but I would rather shoot H than sit down and listen to their entire albums. One dude has those extraordinary conscious anthems, that are melodic andwell put together. Tracks that can awaken even the most callous gangsta and make dudes remeber why they love "rap"....Then he steps in the booth,buttons up the blazer, tightens up the tie....nerdboy is alive.

Lupe can come off as the corniest human being on the face of the Earth at times. Talking about dinosaur bones, gerbils (
sick.gif
) and yellow M&Ms
smh.gif
. I really gotta be in a mood to listen to this Hip-Hop Urkel. Dumb it downN'...Dumb it Down.

In reality its not about making the music stupider though. Its about making it more accesible, memorable and understandable. I don't want to hear all thestupid $%+$ you got on your mind....Just spit fire and deal with the topic at hand Pointdexter. I was really checking for this dude to take the game to whereit needs to be, but hes just a hypebeast Canibus with less cred.

And Joey.....
smh.gif

This emo N' has got to be on the rag. He yaps like a 16 y/o cheerleader with unlimited mobile to mobile minutes. This dude wants to address every subjectin his boring+!#% life...every thought he ever had, every incident that every happened in the last 5 years, every emotion he ever felt....Shut the +*!! upN'.....more flames, less "you wouldn't believe what happened to me today....".

He needs to cut those unneccesary bars out and stick to the atomic bomb punchlines and metaphors that he is capable of. No one wants to hear a major labelalbum full of the kind of tracks that are on MM3 (except maybe allen3xis). I really tried to give this dude a shot, but I can't F with his voice and hisconstant blabberin....If I want to hear a cranky bird whine, i'll actually listen to my girls stories. I'll mess with Joel Ortiz anyday before I bump asolo Joey album. Like MJ, his best days were in the Triangle Offense, with Fab and Stack. Plusdude can't whip up a single for the life of him, so hiscareer is really over before it started.

Give me the old Nasir, Jay-Hov, AZ, D-Block, Duck Down, Wu $%+$, Southernplayalistic Kast, Face, Loso sport...sht like that.

This new era of Terry Cloth rap is not my cup of tea.

Agreed, for the most part. I've tried to get into Budden's music, but I have a hard time listening to one entire track. Lupe on the other hand I candig, but only for a limited time.

Rarely do these new cats make an album worth listening to the entire way through.

foreal...you sound mad my dude..its going to be ok..alot of your points arent points at all

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I agree somewhat. I have to be in the mood for them ... still
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
tho. You make good points tho.

Yeah.....yup....you got me....I'm...I am.....i'm mad.

smh.gif

Do y'all N's talk like that in real life?

Shouldn't you be searching the web for the new $130 Hanes T's with Rich Yung logos?

Go go gadget sackriders.

The cycles sick....
smh.gif

nah your just complaining now...aint rap music to express yaself, if you dont like joey's "emo" raps or lupe spitting bout robots
laugh.gif
just press STOP or bump that old Nas Fab or AZ or something...dont knock themdown like they aint nice...i swear N's nowadays are complaining about ANYTHING in rap even when the !%%# is hot its getting annoying..

its either N's say:
someones too lyrical & too many metaphors
too bubble gum rapish
spits about his life too much
talks about guns too much
so what do you wanna listen to and what else is there for dudes to say and write about,if its hot its hot

N's nit pick about everything now...stop complaining
laugh.gif
...if you likeit play it if not go play some 90s era stuff...

Nah I not one of those cats stuck in the 90's.

I thought this year was one of the best in Hip-Hop for a while. Face, Wu, Free, Jay, Styles, Beans etc.

Its just that I expected alot from both of these dudes because they are so talented...but its seems like they are lacking that special ingredient to make theirmusic worthwile.

Lupe is only going to attract one time of listener. Nas, Hov, Pac, Big..they brought in new listeners and attracted rap fans of all types. Thats truegreatness.

How are you going to make songs to affect the needy, when they have no idea what you're talking about.

And Joeys career is going nowhere, point blank.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Yeah.....yup....you got me....I'm...I am.....i'm mad.

smh.gif

Do y'all N's talk like that in real life?

Shouldn't you be searching the web for the new $130 Hanes T's with Rich Yung logos?

Go go gadget sackriders.

The cycles sick....
smh.gif

hahhaahaha...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
did something tragic happen to you in life my dude....nothingyou are saying...makes any sesne..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
....oh my..this fool said he raps about dinasour bones and yellow M&Ms.lmao...and $130 rich yung tees??
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
...you are far from knowing what you rtalking about homie...far

Im just speaking my piece. Agree or disagree.

Its not about wanting music to go back to the 90's, its about these dudes with mega talent learning their craft and taking it to the level of the greatsbefore them.

Do you really think Lupe is gonna make a hood dude put down his ratchet and think for a second, like Wu did with C.R.E.A.M. ? Which one of his tracks are goingto resonate for decades and stand as a represantation of this time and moment in the culture? I can say theat about Ye...but Lupe is not even close to being onthat level despite the fact that he is 1000 time iller.

And to the untrained ear...to the causal Hip-Hop fan or new listener...what sets Buddens apart from sya a JR Writer?

Dude has boatloads of talent, but no hooks, no melodies, nothing that sets him apart from the crowd except for his emotional raps...which pushes him into a acorner, where only a few people will be able to appreciate his work.

For a mixtape artist who has been around for a minute, with as much talent as Buddens...he gets no burn in the Ps, the suburbs, stores, radio...no where. Fab,Stack (R.I.P), Cass etc, have less talent that dude but the perected an accesibe style. He still hasn't learned from his first dud. No one wants to hearhis raps while shoppin, strokin, ballin, chillin etc. Maybe right before you slit your wrists, but that about it.

^
abeautifulhaze

Yo, I usually agree with many of your posts but not this one...

_ keep wishing this rap+!@# go back to 98'. It ain't going back to that ishh. _ in 94' were complaining about why "hip hop don't sound thelike 89'" when BIG and Pac were ruling the game. They now considered legends.

Some of ya'll _ will never be satisfied.
laugh.gif

As opposed to what?????? The one dimensional image most of these "quote" emcees are nowadays. Those type dudes are alright for a while, buteventually they box themselves in a corner with the extra "swag" personal most of these bum ***, nickel & dime, limited vocab, insecure, so Ihave to act invisible, no interest in anything but the 10 blocks in either direction rappers. Everyone's cool when they try really hard to be, at least fora little while.
Lupe's album was below expectations IMO & son does get on some other I SH most times. Joey needs to get his I SH & his beats together. At leastthey are trying though. You can be hip hop & not be some ghetto stereotype. You can be a real human being, 3 dimensional, with true emotions, ideas &that reflect life as most people see it & still be a good emcee. Most "hip hop" fans want to live vicariously through their rap superheros &they construct some rambo type image of these people. Joey & Lupe are dudes trying to expand topics & horizons through their music. I think hip hopneeds more of that.

_ keep wishing this rap+!@# go back to 98'. It ain't going back to that ishh. _ in 94' were complaining about why "hip hop don't sound the like 89'" when BIG and Pac were ruling the game.

Some of ya'll _ will never be satisfied.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
thats EXACTLY what it is thats what __'s is on..itAINT never going back

And Joeys career is going nowhere, point blank.
But im saying what does that have to do with his lyrical skill? If the __ is ILL and he got ILL songs thats what matters right

I loved Lupe's album all the way through... but I feel what you're saying about him only attracting one type of listener.

Hip-Hop isn't going back to what it was for a while, though. I'm really starting to think the 90s was the golden age of Hip-Hop. We got real lucky withthe artists that were dropping.

Then he steps in the booth, buttons up the blazer, tightens up the tie....nerdboy is alive.

eek.gif
roll.gif
I dont even see Lupe as a nerd but damn that was funny
This emo N' has got to be on the rag. He yaps like a 16 y/o cheerleader with unlimited mobile to mobile minutes. This dude wants to address every subject in his boring+!#% life
He called that N_ emo
roll.gif
One of the reasons Im not feelin MM2as much as the rest of the music forum
Give me the old Nasir, Jay-Hov, AZ, D-Block, Duck Down, Wu $%+$, Southernplayalistic Kast, Face, Loso sport...sht like that.

*Waits for ppl to come in tell you to stop living in the past* I feel you tho on what you saying the whole feel of this new era is something Imnot comfortable with yet

Even tho I disagree for the most part I respect ya opinion cuz you aint sugar coat nothin. Joe can make a hit song tho dont act like you forgot about Pump itUp or that joint with M. Houston joints bang in the club. Lupe said he retiring anyway so you dont have to worry basically tho
N's nit pick about everything now...stop complaining
laugh.gif
...if you like it play it if not go play some 90s era stuff...
pretty much or listen to w/e you want to listen to. This is clearly a vent post/blogish but you kno the riders n stans are gonna get at youextra hard

smokin.gif

Its not about wanting music to go back to the 90's, its about these dudes with mega talent learning their craft and taking it to the level of the greatsbefore them.

Do you really think Lupe is gonna make a hood dude put down his ratchet and think for a second, like Wu did with C.R.E.A.M. ? Or Nas did on "If I ruledthe World". Which one of his tracks are going to resonate for decades and stand as a represantation of this time and moment in the culture? I can saytheat about Ye...but Lupe is not even close to being on that level despite the fact that he is 1000 time iller.

And to the untrained ear...to the causal Hip-Hop fan or new listener...what sets Buddens apart from say a JR Writer?

Dude has boatloads of talent, but no hooks, no melodies, nothing that sets him apart from the crowd except for his emotional raps...which pushes him into a acorner, where only a few people will be able to appreciate his work.

For a mixtape artist who has been around for a minute, with as much talent as Buddens...he gets no burn in the Ps, the suburbs, stores, radio...no where. Fab,Stack (R.I.P), Cass etc, have less talent that dude but they perfected an accesible style. He still hasn't learned from his first dud. No one wants to hearhis raps while shoppin, strokin, ballin, chillin etc. Maybe right before you slit your wrists, but that about it.

but you kno the riders n stans are gonna get at you extra hard
smh.gif

so let me ask this...whats makes someone a great? and the only beef i have with budden is he never changes up his flow..indeed...similar to a JR writer orRansom

i think Lupe (i dont listen to budden so i dont know) is making a name for himself by NOT following in the same foot steps as all the dudes before, he has astyle of his own and thats what a lot of people like about him. hood dudes arent the only people that listen to hip hop music. i think when people look backand see him as one of the best lyricsist of this time they are gona see that hip hop did not just apply to 'hood dudes' at that time but also to someaverage white college students like me.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Its not about wanting music to go back to the 90's, its about these dudes with mega talent learning their craft and taking it to the level of the greats before them.

Do you really think Lupe is gonna make a hood dude put down his ratchet and think for a second, like Wu did with C.R.E.A.M. ? Or Nas did on "If I ruled the World". Which one of his tracks are going to resonate for decades and stand as a represantation of this time and moment in the culture? I can say theat about Ye...but Lupe is not even close to being on that level despite the fact that he is 1000 time iller.

And to the untrained ear...to the causal Hip-Hop fan or new listener...what sets Buddens apart from say a JR Writer?

Dude has boatloads of talent, but no hooks, no melodies, nothing that sets him apart from the crowd except for his emotional raps...which pushes him into a a corner, where only a few people will be able to appreciate his work.

For a mixtape artist who has been around for a minute, with as much talent as Buddens...he gets no burn in the Ps, the suburbs, stores, radio...no where. Fab, Stack (R.I.P), Cass etc, have less talent that dude but they perfected an accesible style. He still hasn't learned from his first dud. No one wants to hear his raps while shoppin, strokin, ballin, chillin etc. Maybe right before you slit your wrists, but that about it.
I see what your saying...

I believe that Lupe has already did that though. Songs like "Hip Hop Saved My Life", "Dumb It Down" (in his own way), "Hurt MeSoul", "Superstar", "Kick Push", and others have achieved that. Just because it isn't getting major spins on the radio doesn'tmean that it isn't that "type" of song.

Jay-Z has songs like "Feelin' It" and "Dead Presidents" and "new listeners" etc. don't know these songs but thatdoesn't make them less significant than they are because they aren't on the radio.

And remember we are in a era where cats like Lil Wayne and Jeezy (whatever his name is) are considered the Jay-Z and Nas of the rap game.

Regarding ya last post honsetly ya right. Not many if any new rappers with a lot of potential have come with that song that is timeless but all I can say isyou have to wait. Im sure Joe could do it, right now you're judging dude off mixtapes and 1 album. Lupe I dont think he might do that but I will say thatright now theres not any other artist that has done what he is doing with an album like The Cool.

You just gotta wait it out, they may surprise you

smokin.gif

A great MC can make your auntie that hates rap bounce, like Jigga.

He can make that predicate felon that hates positivity stop and take notice, like Nas.

He can make a stone clod sinner pick up a bible, like Face.

He can bring coasts together, like BIG.

Or fuel wars in foreign countries, like Pac.

Did these cats improve on a design, did they do sumin new, they name ain't on check lists, who bumps Lupe?

Stacks (R.I.P) was never in the Triangle Offense...It was Fab, Muggs(Paul Cain), and Joey....

And I agree with where you were going, but not with the artists that you used....

Back
Top Bottom