If everyone didn't grab EVERY release, maybe JB would care about Quality.

If everyone would stop grabbing these low quality retros, maybe JB would be forced to step up. Everyone complains about quality (Joqdan, stitching,Champio_ship), yet you grab MULTIPLE pairs as soon as the shoe drops. As a result JB gets there money and could care less about quality. If a stand was made, shoes would sit so long that they went to outlets and we bought there for almost HALF the price. Instead we get less quality and the company has the nerve to charge us MORE. A $105-135 quality OG vs a cheap $160-180 retro or retro+? And we are all guilty of letting them rip us. IT HAS TO STOP.. imagine where these prices will be at in the coming years. They are going to hold out on the Bred 11s until they can drop them for $200 on release. I know that the reality of so called "sneaker-heads" not buying on release is far-fetched, but hopefully this will open a few blind eyes. We have to start somewhere 

so instead of expressing this, should anyone who feels the same just sit back and take it? seeing as its a lost cause. If everyone had that attitude, slavery would still be a reality. Because making a stand against it was a "lost cause". Nothing wrong would ever be contested

People have no real standards when it comes to quality yet they complain. I feel ya, but for this same reason McDonalds and other fast food joints continue to sell billions of pounds of sh*t food for people to consume which ends up killing them. 

It'd be too hard, everyone won't commit to not buy jordans people have no patience. Can't compare slavery cause its on a total different level

Maybe it's not a lost cause...
people stopped buying Pontiacs and Saturns... and look what happened?

JB will eventually run its course.

You have the power to buy whatever you want.

It's all the hype that causes me to feel pressured to buy every release, and multiple pairs of.

But I resist.

It sucks being a sneakerhead, Jordanhead, etc. where you feel you need every pair, even if they are overpriced and the quality is sub par.

Did you ever think to them (Nike/JB/non-Niketalk readers), they are delivering: 
[h1]"Quality Basketball Products Inspired by the Greatest Player Ever"[/h1]

For some reason, jb sometimes put out quality on point retros and sometimes fail to put attention to details on some, like they're doing it purposely seeing how consumers will react

Originally Posted by yelloo

It'd be too hard, everyone won't commit to not buy jordans people have no patience. Can't compare slavery cause its on a total different level
i realize that it would be too hard.. i mean some people are just sheep. They have to have what everyone else considers hot. As far as slavery goes, i wasnt comparing slavery to kix. i was comparing the will to attest it.. the people who had the will to go against it in spite of those who felt of it being a Lost Cause 

Originally Posted by super23freak

Maybe it's not a lost cause...
people stopped buying Pontiacs and Saturns... and look what happened?

JB will eventually run its course.

You have the power to buy whatever you want.

It's all the hype that causes me to feel pressured to buy every release, and multiple pairs of.

But I resist.

It sucks being a sneakerhead, Jordanhead, etc. where you feel you need every pair, even if they are overpriced and the quality is sub par.

Did you ever think to them (Nike/JB/non-Niketalk readers), they are delivering: 
[h1]"Quality Basketball Products Inspired by the Greatest Player Ever"[/h1]

THANK YOU.. your post was actually a contribution. It is literally peer pressure for some mixed with that feel of knowing the shoe is going to drop and you wont have it. For instance these metallic foamposites drop tommorow, i am SO heated that they have been marked up AGAIN. but i want the shoe and i dont want to wait for it to hit outlets, if it ever does. I am getting it because i genuinly want it, red is my passion and these shoes are beautifully red! NOT because of hype. Now the cement 4s i will be PASSING on.. it mostly hype and the quality is likely to be nothing amazing.  (if i am wrong i will cop them on a restock down the road, and hopefully be able to get a discount)

Originally Posted by old school 95

For some reason, jb sometimes put out quality on point retros and sometimes fail to put attention to details on some, like they're doing it purposely seeing how consumers will react

i believe they know they can cut corners on a shoe they know is GUARANTEED to sell out. So why spend more money on it when they cut back and maximize profit? Not to mention the material on some shoes is just better. Soles on the 3s and 4s for example.. garbage ( paint cracks, sole separates too easily ) vs jordan 1 can withstand 20 years of actual use and survive. The 23s were suppose to have been environment friendly by not using glues etc etc, when in reality they just made them as cheap as possible (barely a sole on them,body is only 2 materials joined by the sole) and charged $189. If that's not maximizing profit idk what is

I agree that jordan brand should have better quality items, but it is a business and they are trying to maximize profits whatever way possible. They are smart and are making a lot of money now by using cheaper materials and inflating prices. Don't hate the player, hate the game. They are doing it big! I hate that they get away with the crap product they release, but if it is a shoe I love I am going to buy it no matter what, just like thousands of others. Truth is we will never see the quality Jordan once put out. Just the way it is now.

Hey JB
Quit giving me midsole's that chip,crack paint. Dye them.
3 & 4's are my favorite J's and that's all they do after wearing them casual twice.
Come on man!

This reminds me of the e-mails that you get that say don't buy gas on this one certain day and it will cause X company to lose so much money. Sounds great in theory but it never works, people just don't care that much.

Cause WE Are the problem. It's like crack man.All we can do is hope and pray that their a quality product.

blah blah blah blah

its the same old song and dance

you dont like the quality

its you yourself who should stop buying
i already know what i getting for my money

insoles that dont stick to the bottom of the shoe
and that dont stop me from buying kicks

Originally Posted by OneManDeep

If everyone would stop grabbing these low quality retros, maybe JB would be forced to step up. Everyone complains about quality (Joqdan, stitching,Champio_ship), yet you grab MULTIPLE pairs as soon as the shoe drops. As a result JB gets there money and could care less about quality. If a stand was made, shoes would sit so long that they went to outlets and we bought there for almost HALF the price. Instead we get less quality and the company has the nerve to charge us MORE. A $105-135 quality OG vs a cheap $160-180 retro or retro+? And we are all guilty of letting them rip us. IT HAS TO STOP.. imagine where these prices will be at in the coming years. They are going to hold out on the Bred 11s until they can drop them for $200 on release. I know that the reality of so called "sneaker-heads" not buying on release is far-fetched, but hopefully this will open a few blind eyes. We have to start somewhere 

Speak for yourself.

I stopped buying J's around '06 and never looked back.

roll.gif
@ the msrp on kicks these days, considering the quality.

Originally Posted by evisumane123

Lost cause my dude.

This. Jordans are in demand and although people can complain, they can't turn away on release day. Its all about self-control really. What really pisses me off are the resellers, they are the ones you should be taking a stand against.

"I know that the quality on these *insert random retro here* aren't great but what can you do.... at least one pair for me" or "we should just be happy that JB retro'd these at all!" are two of my favorite quotes on this message board.  I also enjoy, "If you stop buying these J's some young hypebeast will just take your place" I think for some people it isn't the fact that they love Jordans or a specific model, but because they are afraid someone will have a pair they don't have.  Quality be damned.

Originally Posted by Hibb304

Hey JB
Quit giving me midsole's that chip,crack paint. Dye them.
3 & 4's are my favorite J's and that's all they do after wearing them casual twice.
Come on man!

This. My 3's from 01-03 are still standing the test of the with no issues at all. The dye on the midsole is so much better than that new crap they put on.

i can understand people hating because of bad materials being used and all that but it erks me when i see people inspect their shoes with a magnifying glass just to find a problem to complain about. "my j's got a glue stain that you can only notice if you put your eye right up to it".

Simply.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE QUALITY THEN DON'T BUY THEM.

Nothing SH$TS me more than people who buy kicks and then %@!@% about quality issues.
The amount of people who %@!@%/care about quality is far outweighed by people who DON'T %@!@%/care about quality.

Maybe the people who %@!@% can go to their local stores on RD's and try talk people out of buying the shoes they want.
Good luck OP with your crusade.

Back
Top Bottom