If Getting Buff Is Mostly About Diet....

Reaction score
how do prisoners come out getting so big??? i know they only get 3 square meals a day and i'm sure they're not getting their proper protein and calorie intake...can one of you fitness aficionados explain this to me??? 
nerd.gif

In the words of Ronnie Coleman:

Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-%@! weights.

You gotta change your whole lifestyle.

lift big
eat crazy calories
and wait...

yes it takes time to get big. you gotta go hard and just continue to build up.

hmm new a guy who actually got weaker looking going to jail.. (use to play football together and he was buffer then) he did get skinny too,probably from the diet?

I kinda wondered about this too. Somebody look up the average prisoners diet. I'm too lazy to do it...

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

food is likely high in carbs and calories

the food meets specific guidelines based on a normal person. so all in all they are getting 2000+ calories and most likely high fat and carbs too.

eat, workout, lots of sleep= muscle

They eat a sufficient amount of calories as it's required by law. It probably follows a 60-20-20 macronutrient scale (carbs, protein, fat).

The rest is just exercise, even if it's body weight as prisons nowadays are doing away with weights.

Basically, you don't need all that protein to get big.

Possibly commissary. 
Plus, there have been documentaries where dudes in jail say that they don't even eat the food they serve at the cafeteria. They end up cooking their own meals in their cells.

Invaluable things commonly overlooked: Rest, workout regime...diet plays a large roll, but it's roll is more important for cutting.

interesting...so all this stuff you hear about having these different types of protein throughout the day and eating so and so many meals,ect ect is all boloney???

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

interesting...so all this stuff you hear about having these different types of protein throughout the day and eating so and so many meals,ect ect is all boloney???

Nope. It's a combo of everything. How you gonna get big if you're not in the gym?

Originally Posted by raptors29

Nope. It's a combo of everything. How you gonna get big if you're not in the gym?

I'm not referring to working out. I'm sure these dudes do more than enough. My main issue is the dieting and all the stuff we've been told about what we need to eat, sups we need to take, ect ect. These dudes don't follow any of that.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Word at least do some pushups. My diet is pretty much as good as it gets but if i dont go to the gym, at best, im gonna be fairly skinny with slight muscle definition. I can vouch for the fact that a good diet greatly helps with muscle memory though, at least for me. I can go to the gym like a year later and get big in about a week. I gotta stress that eating healthy is not just about outward appearance. 

My boy got locked up at 17, came out at like 20, he had a boys body, came out looking like a 30 year old massive goon, not really cut, but he was big, what he did have we the regimen to work out, son now looks like a Greek sculpture, he has muscle definition in his face...true story.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

My boy got locked up at 17, came out at like 20, he had a boys body, came out looking like a 30 year old massive goon, not really cut, but he was big, what he did have we the regimen to work out, son now looks like a Greek sculpture, he has muscle definition in his face...true story.

but did you hit it?

laugh.gif
who said getting buff is mostly about diet?
thats not even half the battle

lift heavy and take a multi cuz

Back
Top Bottom