If Jeezy's payin LeBron, I'm paying Dwayne Wade....

I'm pretty sure it means LBJ is the best there is in the free market next year and Jay is definitely going to be out to get him for NJ or NY and the onlyperson that can stop him is Jesus so if that were to happen, he would get 2nd best which is D.Wade?

I approve of this thread. Bunch of laughs.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Stixx

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

This thread got outta hand quick...answer was on page 3?

This

roll.gif

this had some laughs tho...but did everyone agree that it was a double reference?

If Jeezy payin 23, Jay is coppin from Jeezy for 3 or he is just coppin for a lower price not actually 3 cuz he had a legit plug back in the day since he isreminiscing on his drug days in NYC throughout the song, is the first part of the reference! CHECK

....and the 2nd part is If Jeezy payin 23 in the drug game, Jay literally payin a ball player salary! CHECK

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

I thought it was "If Deezy's payin Lebron, I'm paying Dwayne Wade" meaning if Donnie Walsh (Knicks) signs Lebron during the 2010 off season, then Jay-Z (Nets) is gonna sign Dwayne Wade
laugh.gif
u need some better headphones fam

lol

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

In light of Lebron changing his number to 6 next year, and Dwaynes number being 3. Maybe he was alluding to the fact that hes getting stuff half off.
Or it was just a metaphor that hes a boss and on a whole nother level. Like a bragging Cam'ron type line.
this honestly makes the most sense.

uh no.
Considering that Lebron made the suggestion of changing his # well after this song was created.
The answer is on pg. 1...Listen to the Gucci diss that Jeezy made and will all make sense.
Jay is talking about his plug the line right before this one
So, dudes are
smokin.gif
with the Donnie Walsh

Originally Posted by anotherprodigy

In light of Lebron changing his number to 6 next year, and Dwaynes number being 3. Maybe he was alluding to the fact that hes getting stuff half off.
Or it was just a metaphor that hes a boss and on a whole nother level. Like a bragging Cam'ron type line.

uh no.
Considering that Lebron made the suggestion of changing his # well after this song was created.
The answer is on pg. 1...Listen to the Gucci diss that Jeezy made and will all make sense.
So, dudes are
smokin.gif
with the Donnie Walsh
im sure lebron told jay z well before he told anyone else.

I thought it was "If Deezy's payin Lebron, I'm paying Dwayne Wade" meaning if Donnie Walsh (Knicks) signs Lebron during the 2010 off season, then Jay-Z (Nets) is gonna sign Dwayne Wade

i second that but erase all that deezy non sense that you speak of
roll.gif

I cant believe this thread is still going.
smh.gif

For those of you idiots who are still debating about the actual lyrics, I own the CD. I actually purchased it and didnt DL it (weird idea for most of you guyshuh?). The CD booklet clearly states "If Jeezy's payin Lebron, I'm payin Dwyane Wade." Clearly is an exaggeration by Jay....but its quiteobvious what he means by it. For those of you who STILL dont get it, stop posting on NT.

Originally Posted by 2o6

Originally Posted by anotherprodigy

uh no.
So, dudes are
smokin.gif
with the Donnie Walsh
im sure lebron told jay z well before he told anyone else.

I considered that, but I thought he got inspired by MJ sitting courside at the game this season.

C'mon man it's drug related... Jeezy's paying more for the keys while Jay gets it for cheaper "supposedly" cuz he at the top of thechain... Boss status or whatever

Originally Posted by Kell78dogg

EVEN if you heard that, whatever. Sometimes you just mess lyrics up. WHAT WOULD GIVE YOU THIS THEORY?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't think jay really goes that far in to his lyrics

Word.

Jay-Z is not as advanced as lupe when it comes to metaphors.

Back
Top Bottom