If McCain was President...

Originally Posted by DangerousG

our oil
roll.gif

Without even watching any sort of political agenda, I get it. It's simple. War is the job of the President of America. The only way to attain peace is through war. Yo could arge semantics, but at the end of the day each country is like a big toddler. And we're the biggest toddler. And so we want all the toys and you can't have any. So no, I don't blame the figurehead that signs the documents. Our whole economy is based on gangstering people for resources. Hell, even back when *!#% was "peaceful" it was only because we were better at gangstering. We used to gangster our own, hell. This whole country was built on my great-great-grandparents' backs for free. But I ain't tripping. Why? Cuz I get to be American today instead of....IDK.... Ethiopian. And they don't have central air, x-ox live, mcdonalds, and *!#% like that all over Ethiopia. So why do people actually sit at home on their Asian-born laptops, In their Swedish lounge chairs and Taiwanese PJs...and complain?

This is Orwells 1984...in 2011.

As if they don't enjoy the luxury of living in the country that holds all the big sticks. Me? I just shut up and keep my head down. I really don't want to know how or what makes America so good at crippling smaller nations to provide for me. You don't either. You don't wanna share. I don't wanna share. I just don't feel guilty for adapting to the way the world is. So I'm gonna ride this wave right into the wall it crashes into. Team America, wooo! Such is physics. What goes up, must inevitably come down.. Eh... it's been a "good" run.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Besides, the current plan is to pass off the mission in a few days. And the administration would take tons of heat for not telling the truth when you set a timetable so immediate.
correction... command of US troops will be passed on in a few days.  There is no way in hell the US should let another country command our troops.  Especially those American hating French.

I don't see this  operation going well at all.  So we destroy their air bases, kill some innocents, make the US look bad to the region again, while the whole time ground forces still going in and wipe out the rebels.  This was a civil war and the US had no business sticking it's nose in it.  All because 2% of the world's oil is at stake.  Imagine what we would do if the ship went down in Saudi Arabia.
No troops have been deployed yet unless I'm mistaken.  And I doubt there will be.

Regardless of what we want to say about oil or self interest, there is a legitimate concern of a human rights crisis.  Ghaddafi argued that the protesters were on drugs.  He has shown time and time again through these 4 weeks that he'll go to great lengths to secure his power.  He has plenty of blood on his hands already.  The international community has taken the possibility of a human rights situation seriously, as they should. 

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by sw00shm4n

Again, for the record, this.
So w/ that bein said, ur argument is moot 
This.
And I agree with OP about giving back the peace prize.  I didn't vote for him to start/continue all this war stuff.  I guess it could have been worse with a Republican
nerd.gif
Obama has no choice...  he has NO back bone. 
The guy that's basically the real Commander in Chief of the United States is this dude...
robert-gates-and-bush-300x211.jpg

I might be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that it was Sarah Palin's idea for the no fly zone?

Are we arguing whether or not McCain would have been the better president? Or are we arguing the publicity? Please tell me you are not trying to bring up the "liberal media bias" idea when there clearly is not one, unless we are talking about a 5 hour MSNBC block..

Fool's conversation of what ifs..

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Again, for the record, this.
So w/ that bein said, ur argument is moot 
This.
And I agree with OP about giving back the peace prize.  I didn't vote for him to start/continue all this war stuff.  I guess it could have been worse with a Republican
nerd.gif
Obama has no choice...  he has NO back bone. 
The guy that's basically the real Commander in Chief of the United States is this dude...
robert-gates-and-bush-300x211.jpg
Robert Gates
pimp.gif

WHOOP!

First of all, OP: "If McCain WERE President..."

Sarah Palin did not invent the concept of a no-fly zone and certainly was not the first to suggest it in this situation.

The US is not at war with Libya. A UN-backed coalition of several countries is carrying out what is intended to be a defense of civilians, not an attack on the current regime in Libya.

Obama was wise to ignore the early clamors for a no-fly zone. Now we have the support of the UN, and every right and excuse to quietly remove ourselves from this conflict IN A MATTER OF DAYS.

People hear about something, gather no details, then run around on some OMFG WE'RE AT WAR, I DIDNT VOTE FOR THIS @$%*. I voted for Obama and this is exactly what I wanted-- patient, cooperative, and calculated responses to problems that, if McCain were president, might have been dealt with way differently. Imagine if we attacked Libya on our own then had to clean up another mess?

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

reagan should have handled this back in the day

Would Reagan have intervined with the full force of the U.S. military during the Sudanese genocide?
nerd.gif

You know as a man of high moral fiber and backbone.....there are a lot of injustices being suffered by people at the hands of corrupt govts. Would Reagan have intervened in all of them?

Obama is a suck president. All I can do is Smh when I saw him on espn talking about his bracket. Get your butt off espn and start worrying about running the country you over rated bum. Who gives a damn if you think North Carolina is gonna win? How about giving the American people some insight on what we plan to do to help the Japanese?

Originally Posted by bb4 86

Obama is a suck president. All I can do is Smh when I saw him on espn talking about his bracket. Get your butt off espn and start worrying about running the country you over rated bum. Who gives a damn if you think North Carolina is gonna win? How about giving the American people some insight on what we plan to do to help the Japanese?
He gave a press conference about Japan the day of the earthquake.

Spoiler [+]
And he picked Kansas to win the tournament. Shows you how much you know, buddy.

Originally Posted by bb4 86

Honestly I see Obama on ESPN more than anywhere else 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

So he isnt allowed a personal life? 
laugh.gif

No matter who is office, it's a thankless job. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Back
Top Bottom