If MJ hadnt sat out 2 seasons would the Bulls have won 8 straight titles?

Originally Posted by Down By Law

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

if im not mistaken the last time a team 8peated were bill russell's celtics. isnt this the longest streak of championships in history?  that whole team basically consisted of hall of famers. i dont think this feat will ever be matched or broken.
My pops talks about that team quite often and I agree with you that no team will ever match that feat again.

Because now you have to play more then 1-2 series a season.  That team wouldn't win 32 straight either. 

Yes, They would have won 8 straight no question. The knicks would never have beaten the bulls in 1994 (which still took 7 games) an the magic wouldnt have beat the bulls in 1995 if Jordan never retired. People need to understand, once Jordan figured what it took to win, he wasnt letting up! There was no coming up short. They where supposed to utah in 1998 remember, that was the year, utah with homecourt, Bulls went up 3-1? yeah, The rockets where good, but not great, the bulls were GREAT!!! I also think if they kept that bulls team together that they woulda won untill Jordan retired! think about it. Nobody from the east was any good those years, and the Lakers would not have got phil jackson. The spurs would be the only compition an I dont think they could beat the bulls. The bulls played better defense then anybody an had the greatest 1-2 punch in the history of mankind! Bulls coulda won 10 straight, I'd put money on it.

Yes, They would have won 8 straight no question. The knicks would never have beaten the bulls in 1994 (which still took 7 games) an the magic wouldnt have beat the bulls in 1995 if Jordan never retired. People need to understand, once Jordan figured what it took to win, he wasnt letting up! There was no coming up short. They where supposed to utah in 1998 remember, that was the year, utah with homecourt, Bulls went up 3-1? yeah, The rockets where good, but not great, the bulls were GREAT!!! I also think if they kept that bulls team together that they woulda won untill Jordan retired! think about it. Nobody from the east was any good those years, and the Lakers would not have got phil jackson. The spurs would be the only compition an I dont think they could beat the bulls. The bulls played better defense then anybody an had the greatest 1-2 punch in the history of mankind! Bulls coulda won 10 straight, I'd put money on it.

Originally Posted by CP1708

if im not mistaken the last time a team 8peated were bill russell's celtics. isnt this the longest streak of championships in history?  that whole team basically consisted of hall of famers. i dont think this feat will ever be matched or broken.
My pops talks about that team quite often and I agree with you that no team will ever match that feat again.

Because now you have to play more then 1-2 series a season.  That team wouldn't win 32 straight either. 

Nobody says they would have won that today, doesn't take away from the fact that they did though. Of course a Lakers fan speaks on it.  

Nobody says they would have won that today, doesn't take away from the fact that they did though. Of course a Lakers fan speaks on it.  

just like how 72 will never be broken, 33 straight wins and what the celtics did in the 50s-60s will never be broken. legendary man.  

isnt nice to talk sports with the elderly like a grandparent, parent and etc. thats why i believe there is no undisputed GOAT in the NBA because there are so many legends that have played. i do believe there are GOAT of each era. but thats for another convo
laugh.gif

although the stan in me thinks magic is the GOAT
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
nerd.gif

just like how 72 will never be broken, 33 straight wins and what the celtics did in the 50s-60s will never be broken. legendary man.  

isnt nice to talk sports with the elderly like a grandparent, parent and etc. thats why i believe there is no undisputed GOAT in the NBA because there are so many legends that have played. i do believe there are GOAT of each era. but thats for another convo
laugh.gif

although the stan in me thinks magic is the GOAT
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
nerd.gif

Yet again. 
eyes.gif

What the @#$% does it matter my team?  Like I was alive in the 50's and 60's or care what happened 50 years ago? 
grin.gif

Laker fans speak on the truth is what you should have said. 

I never said it took away from what they did, I said that everything has changed and it wouldn't happen in the current structure. 

Yet again. 
eyes.gif

What the @#$% does it matter my team?  Like I was alive in the 50's and 60's or care what happened 50 years ago? 
grin.gif

Laker fans speak on the truth is what you should have said. 

I never said it took away from what they did, I said that everything has changed and it wouldn't happen in the current structure. 

i used to by default say they would, but alot of things could have been different if MJ had played in 94-95. like would the bulls of 96-98 be the way they were if MJ played in 94-95? there may never have been a 72-10 season..... we'll never really know.

i used to by default say they would, but alot of things could have been different if MJ had played in 94-95. like would the bulls of 96-98 be the way they were if MJ played in 94-95? there may never have been a 72-10 season..... we'll never really know.

Dunno, still believe the Hakeem team with Drexler could beat them.

this....the Rockets posed way more of a match up threat than Utah did in 97.......I think Hakeem would have dominated them....i'm pretty sure rockets handled them easily in the regular season as well...not sure though...anyone shed some light on this?

Dunno, still believe the Hakeem team with Drexler could beat them.

this....the Rockets posed way more of a match up threat than Utah did in 97.......I think Hakeem would have dominated them....i'm pretty sure rockets handled them easily in the regular season as well...not sure though...anyone shed some light on this?

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Why would you make this thread?

I believe the Bulls could have won 9 straight titles.

I include '99 because it was the lockout year, 50 game season for the defending champs?

They could have did it if the Bulls org. didn't make everything fall apart.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Why would you make this thread?

I believe the Bulls could have won 9 straight titles.

I include '99 because it was the lockout year, 50 game season for the defending champs?

They could have did it if the Bulls org. didn't make everything fall apart.

roll.gif

I love when people make comments like that. What makes you so sure of that? Because it hasn't happened recently? And if so, is that really a valid reason to say that it will NEVER happen. Considering the end of time will never be reached?

But about the topic, who is to even say that Houston or Chicago would even make the finals if Jordan was there? If you change Jordan being there changes a lot. That wouldn't be the the only change, if that changes who is to say other teams wouldn't have made moves to combat the Bulls. So a Rockets vs. Bulls final isn't a promise.

I love when people make comments like that. What makes you so sure of that? Because it hasn't happened recently? And if so, is that really a valid reason to say that it will NEVER happen. Considering the end of time will never be reached?

But about the topic, who is to even say that Houston or Chicago would even make the finals if Jordan was there? If you change Jordan being there changes a lot. That wouldn't be the the only change, if that changes who is to say other teams wouldn't have made moves to combat the Bulls. So a Rockets vs. Bulls final isn't a promise.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

people dismiss the 93-94 and 94-95 rockets like they were chumps which is rediculous. they repeated for a reason and won some very tough series during that stretch.
I'm not saying they're chumps, but you also can't ignore the underrated reason why the Rockets won those two titles:

http://freedarko.blogspot...t-white-house-green.html
that's a good post,  i remember that houston lost to seattle in 93  then got swept by them in 96.  in that sense they were lucky seattle choked in the first round  im 94 and 95. seattle gave houston matchup problems.

but in the same sense you can make the argument that the 1st 3 peat bulls were lucky to avoid the rockets.  1-5 against the rockets with most of those games being one sided is what it is.

all that being said i can't take no ones opinion seriously who thinks the bulls could've won 8 titles in a row.  some clown in here posted that they could win 10 titles in a row, now to me that's just being a D rider.

in that case the spurs should've won 5 in a row from 2003-07   if fisher didn't hit .4 and manu doesn't foul dirk,   the celtics shoulda stayed being relevant and won more titles had len bias not died,  the pistons shoulda 3 peated had they not imploded in the final minute of game 6 in the 88 finals and if isiah didn't get hurt.   the lakers shoulda won the 84 finals if magic didn't turn the ball over late in game 2  and they didn;t blow a 5 point lead in the final minute of game 4,  they shoulda won in 89 if magic and byron scott weren't injured against the pistons. the lakers coulda 5 peated just like the spurs had shaq not missed games on company time in 02-03 and won again in 04 if they weren't fighting amongst eachother all year. i could go on and on and on with scenarios with the word IF in them but at the end of the day it's just a bunch of what ifs.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

people dismiss the 93-94 and 94-95 rockets like they were chumps which is rediculous. they repeated for a reason and won some very tough series during that stretch.
I'm not saying they're chumps, but you also can't ignore the underrated reason why the Rockets won those two titles:

http://freedarko.blogspot...t-white-house-green.html
that's a good post,  i remember that houston lost to seattle in 93  then got swept by them in 96.  in that sense they were lucky seattle choked in the first round  im 94 and 95. seattle gave houston matchup problems.

but in the same sense you can make the argument that the 1st 3 peat bulls were lucky to avoid the rockets.  1-5 against the rockets with most of those games being one sided is what it is.

all that being said i can't take no ones opinion seriously who thinks the bulls could've won 8 titles in a row.  some clown in here posted that they could win 10 titles in a row, now to me that's just being a D rider.

in that case the spurs should've won 5 in a row from 2003-07   if fisher didn't hit .4 and manu doesn't foul dirk,   the celtics shoulda stayed being relevant and won more titles had len bias not died,  the pistons shoulda 3 peated had they not imploded in the final minute of game 6 in the 88 finals and if isiah didn't get hurt.   the lakers shoulda won the 84 finals if magic didn't turn the ball over late in game 2  and they didn;t blow a 5 point lead in the final minute of game 4,  they shoulda won in 89 if magic and byron scott weren't injured against the pistons. the lakers coulda 5 peated just like the spurs had shaq not missed games on company time in 02-03 and won again in 04 if they weren't fighting amongst eachother all year. i could go on and on and on with scenarios with the word IF in them but at the end of the day it's just a bunch of what ifs.

Back
Top Bottom