if these three NBA players retired today, who should..

get the first ticket to the hall of fame

a.) jason kidd
b.) gary payton (i know he's gone, but for arguments sake)
c.) allen iverson

my choice would be jason kidd, with iverson probably coming in a close 2nd. 6'4 and closing in on 100 triple doubles.. no rings on his finger, but hisresume is impressive. rejuvenated a 26-56 nets team and sent them to the finals upon the very first year of his arrival (and the year after that). all nba andall nba defense. member of the olympic team that a gold medal back in sydney. helped team usa to a perfect record in the FIBA tourney this year afterlackluster performances from the team in years past.

yours?

didn't realize the rules

all of them but if I had to choose in order

1. Iverson
2. Kidd
3. Payton

sorry, need to clarify. i know that they could all get in on the same year, but if you could choose one person only for that specific year, who would it be? mymistake.

First choice, Jason Kidd
Second choice, Allen Iverson
Third choice, Jose Calderon

laugh.gif
j/p. Gary Payton

For me:

Kidd

- undefeated in Olympic play (something like 52-0)
- 3rd all time in career triple doubles, with a very good shot at passing MAGIC JOHNSON, who is currently second place (I think Magic has something like130-something and Kidd has like 90 or something)
- back-to-back NBA Finals on a team that was horrible the year before acquiring him

And this has nothing to do with my choice (that's why I'm saying this as a separate discussion), but if Kidd goes to Dallas and stays for the rest hiscareer (I say around 5 years), I don't see how he won't win a championship. He'll be a crafty distributor on a jump-shooting team, and he'll bea contagious defender on a team lacking defense.

payton, b/c im bias, and with those three you need something to choose out of that talent. The glove is the man

I think JKidd is at 99. A couple of days ago on nba.com, one of the headlines were something along the lines of "Will Kidd hit the century mark intonight's game" or something. So yea, he has a very good shot at magic's number 2 spot for all time triple dubs.

GP will be my choice. His game was all-around where he had the offense, post-up spin move on the baseline, lock down defender, etc. I don't think manypeople remember how good this guy was. It was a lock every year in the early 90's that he and Stockton were All-Star staters for the West (two of the bestPG to ever did it).

Payton.

People forget how great those Sonics teams were. Gary Payton was like Jason Kidd with way better D and a better outside shot.

Plus, I'm extra sympathetic to those denied rings because of Michael Jordan.

Kidd
Payton

and after last nights all star game.. im not sure if i even want to put turnonver-son in this convo
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom