"If you didn't vote, then you can't have an opinion"

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by calculator1200

I don't understand this logic. Just because someone doesn't vote, they're not allowed to speak their mind? Sounds like people are on the "I vote and you didn't so I can say stuff but you cant" elitist tip. Also, it seems hypocritical because people are all for free speech but now there are qualifiers for it.

It has nothing to do with free speech.

It's about you not doing a damn thing about the situation you're in. If you can sit there and complain about about something you can do something about but choose to do nothing, then that's your bad.
So what if you feel there are no candidates you agree with? Your opinion is no longer valid?

Not voting is a legitimate form of expression as you're saying you're so mistrusting of the system you refuse to take part in it. Its failure is thatit doesn't produce anything positive; you only voice your displeasure with the system but nothing gets done to correct those problems. Its like walkinginto a messy house and deciding there's no point in cleaning up since its just gonna keep getting messy; you might have a point but you're notaddressing the problem.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I don't understand this logic. Just because someone doesn't vote, they're not allowed to speak their mind? Sounds like people are on the "I vote and you didn't so I can say stuff but you cant" elitist tip. Also, it seems hypocritical because people are all for free speech but now there are qualifiers for it.

It's about you not doing a damn thing about the situation you're in. If you can sit there and complain about about something you can do something about but choose to do nothing, then that's your bad.
So what if you feel there are no candidates you agree with? Your opinion is no longer valid?

Thats what they're saying. "You better choose somebody or your opionion doesn't matter"
grin.gif

What if you now want to complain about the person you voted for? Do you have more "standing" then someone who didn't vote at all?

Side note: I don't think a person should vote just because they can, I believe they should only vote if they truly know what and who they are voting for.That's why I've repeatedly hated on Diddy's and the other celebrities saying "it doesn't matter blah blah blah just vote"

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

There are tons of people who aren't voting that have much more knowledge on the issues than the life-long republican racist who's voting for McCain and doesn't know a damn thing besides Obama's a muslim terrorist and is going to make american communist.

There are people who aren't voting that know much more than the black guy who knows nothing about McCain and is voting for Obama because he's a brother.

That's wrong, you can choose not to vote but fight for a more effective party for communities across the states. There's many political activist who are doing more for rights then people are voting this year i can tell you that much.

The voter turn out in the U.S. last election was 43% (Europe averages in the high 70's!). What are the other 57% of voters in the U.S. doing to help our country? I dont see them working with a more effective party to do anything. Youre telling me the smarter more educated people let Bush reign over us this long because they knew better?

There is no excuse not to vote.
you obviously not getting my point. I'm not saying don't vote I'm speaking on people who aren't voting who are doing more forrights in this country then people who are voting.

Originally Posted by Isiah Heaven

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

That's wrong, you can choose not to vote but fight for a more effective party for communities across the states. There's many political activist who are doing more for rights then people are voting this year i can tell you that much.
but can you vote them president? no! you are given two choices and if you don't choose one who you think is gonna better your situation then you are doing NOTHING...
That type of mentally is the same reason marcus gravy, malcolm x, and many other fighters are rolling in their graves. You expect people who want more change to sit back and accept something they dont agree on? your being useless to this country if you want to look threw that view. I'm simply stating everyone wants to talk politics because it's election time but when the dust clears they will be somewear not even caring about social issues or even their own communtiy for that matter but the many community activist who rather fight for a other party will be doing more then them.

i understand that...but you are missing the point...whether you think the candidates are good or not...ONE OF THEM IS GOING TO BE PRESIDENT. not ron paul. notmarcus garvey. BARACK OBAMA OR JOHN MCCAIN. it is your duty to choose which one will do us better. If you don't vote and McCain wins you can do whateveryou want but he is the one making decisions...it is obvious Obama is the better choice whether you believe in the election or not...

you guys are sounding like indie hipsters or hip hop backpackers who think their unheard of artists are better than the mainstream artists...

but can you vote them president? no! you are given two choices and if you don't choose one who you think is gonna better your situation then you are doing NOTHING...
That type of mentally is the same reason marcus gravy, malcolm x, and many other fighters are rolling in their graves. You expect people who want more change to sit back and accept something they dont agree on? your being useless to this country if you want to look threw that view. I'm simply stating everyone wants to talk politics because it's election time but when the dust clears they will be somewear not even caring about social issues or even their own communtiy for that matter but the many community activist who rather fight for a other party will be doing more then them.

i understand that...but you are missing the point...whether you think the candidates are good or not...ONE OF THEM IS GOING TO BE PRESIDENT. not ron paul. not marcus garvey. BARACK OBAMA OR JOHN MCCAIN. it is your duty to choose which one will do us better. If you don't vote and McCain wins you can do whatever you want but he is the one making decisions...it is obvious Obama is the better choice whether you believe in the election or not...

you guys are sounding like indie hipsters or hip hop backpackers who think their unheard of artists are better than the mainstream artists...
This is what is wrong with America. Why are those 2 our only choices though?

I want RON PAUL. Didn't get RON PAUL. So why in the world would I vote for someone who I know can't get the job done? When I see a candidate that Ifeel best suits me then He/She will get my vote. Until then I'm not going to lay down and help put someone in power I don't even trust.

i understand that...but you are missing the point...whether you think the candidates are good or not...ONE OF THEM IS GOING TO BE PRESIDENT. not ron paul. not marcus garvey. BARACK OBAMA OR JOHN MCCAIN. it is your duty to choose which one will do us better. If you don't vote and McCain wins you can do whatever you want but he is the one making decisions...it is obvious Obama is the better choice whether you believe in the election or not...

This is what is wrong with America. Why are those 2 our only choices though?

If u dnt vote , no u can't complain .. Why should u be able to ? U didn't do nuthin when u had the chance .
Its not the fact that u know about politics more then the next man , its the fact that ur complaining abou something u didn't try to change in the firstplace . And as far as non-citizens/immigrants complaining , well if they aren't taking actions to get their american rights so that they CAN vote , no theycan't complain either.

If u dnt vote , dnt complain
if u do vote , COMPLAIN AAAALLLLLL YOU WANT !!!

The only way a citizen can make a real difference in this current system is by voting. Your opinion holds no weight if you are not willing to act on it. (oftenby voting)

ARE YOU GUYS REMEDIAL? REGARDLESS IF WE HAVE TWO CHOICES OR NOT THERE ARE ONLY TWO CHOICES TOMORROW AND IT'S UP TO YOU TO CHOOSE THE ONE WHO YOU THINK WILLBETTER THE COUNTRY...whether or not we only have two choices is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ISSUE...

ARE YOU GUYS REMEDIAL? REGARDLESS IF WE HAVE TWO CHOICES OR NOT THERE ARE ONLY TWO CHOICES TOMORROW AND IT'S UP TO YOU TO CHOOSE THE ONE WHO YOU THINK WILL BETTER THE COUNTRY...whether or not we only have two choices is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ISSUE...

So its back to who can screw up less then right?

And I'll complain as much as I want. What if you had to choose between being beat with a bat or a frying pan.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

Person B is owning Person A in a political argument

Person A: Hey, wait are u even voting?
Person B: [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]No, I live in a red state[/color] and it doesn't change the fact that I'm owning you in this argument
Person A: Haha no you're not since ur not voting and I am. Your opinion doesn't matter since ur not voting. I win lulz
Lulz the only thing on the ballots is presidency
tongue.gif
smh.gif
So, you're just gonna give up on your state? It's people like you whole make some states uncompetitive for their party. Your decision to vote or not vote will affect the upcoming election by trends even if you're party doesn't win the state. I live in Texas and I vote every damn time (once
smile.gif
). Can you imagine what Texas votes would look like if more people had your logic?
roll.gif

when did I ever say that situation I posted above applies to me, or my way of thinking?

I don't even live in a red state.

Son got all mad at me for no reason
laugh.gif

I disagree with this statement because we have a woefully inadequate variety of choices. To make things worse, voting for a candidate means voting essentiallyhaving to vote yes or no on a vast bundle of issues. Even if you are content to not vote for one of the two major party candidates and vote third party, theystill will probably have some planks in their platforms with which you will not agree.

The media-political complex loves to vilify nonvoting because a very low tun out is like a vote of no confidence for the winner. With Republicans, Democratsand the media all in favor of increasingly intrusive government, they know that it will be harder to do in the face of a public that has so little confidencein government to deem it worth their time to go to the polls and end up endorsing this consensus among the political class of a perpetually centralizedgovernment.

There is reason that we do not have an explicit "none of the above" option on our ballots. Politicians would rather exclude that option and be ableto dismiss all none voters as lazy, apathetic losers and not people who are losing faith in the abilities or the mission of the political class. Imagine howembarrassing it would be to win with say 20 percent of the vote with 10 percent going to the loser and 70 of voters saying that want neither of you two bums.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

ARE YOU GUYS REMEDIAL? REGARDLESS IF WE HAVE TWO CHOICES OR NOT THERE ARE ONLY TWO CHOICES TOMORROW AND IT'S UP TO YOU TO CHOOSE THE ONE WHO YOU THINK WILL BETTER THE COUNTRY...whether or not we only have two choices is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ISSUE...

So its back to who can screw up less then right?

And I'll complain as much as I want. What if you had to choose between being beat with a bat or a frying pan.
co-sign
The picture has already been painted guy. Elections are just to appease the masses.
The system is flawed, and I won't be voting (but still complaining) until it is reformed

I'm not voting because I don't like either of the candidates and I'm not gonna vote just so I can go around saying I did. If I felt strongly aboutone of the candidates and really felt they would be good for this country then of course I would do my part in trying to get them in office, but I feelit's pretty much pick your poison with both of them.

Originally Posted by infamousod

What if you now want to complain about the person you voted for? Do you have more "standing" then someone who didn't vote at all?

Side note: I don't think a person should vote just because they can, I believe they should only vote if they truly know what and who they are voting for. That's why I've repeatedly hated on Diddy's and the other celebrities saying "it doesn't matter blah blah blah just vote"
no one wants to respond to me?

OK, since you guys are so disparaged by the candidates...What do you feel is wrong with the two we have and that another candidate such as Ron Paulwould've offered better...i'm interested to hear you guys' argument...

people that make those types of statements need to take some 200+ level government/civics/political science courses; NOT VOTING is considered a valid form ofpolitical expression IF you have made a conscious decision not to participate.

Well Mr. Paul is the only one who has been vocal of the invasion of privacy that the gov has been doing. He wants to get rid of the federal reserve whichbasically runs the show. "He who has the money has the power. No other candidate has spoke on the subject. I have more but I'd rather not go intodetail due to the flame war that will start.

simply put,the electoral college is a joke. your vote only counts if the lobbyists and vote buyers want the same thing you do. this whole " if youdon't vote,you can't complain" is bull.

this country was founded by complainers.They left there homes and persecution because of there beliefs to come here and do what they believed right.so like ourforefathers did,I will continue to complain whilst not voting.

High and mighty a-holes.

This should be added to the NT ROC:

"If you don't write a letter of complaint to Nike or boycott their shoes, then you have no right to complain about the quality or the colorwaysreleased since you're not doing a damn thing to change anything"

I'm not voting because no matter who gets into office, it's still up to the American citizen to accept personal responsibility for themselves and takesteps to improve the country at a micro level. That requires me putting too much faith in the American public, therefor, it doesn't matter who is inoffice. All I know in life is that I have to do three things: make money, pay taxes, and be a responsible citizen. I'll be doing that until the day I die,no matter who is in office. People expect too much from their political leader sometimes, and if America truly is ready for "change," then Americansneed to step up and save themselves. Neither John McCain nor Barack Obama is going to do it for you. So that's why I'm not voting.

Back
Top Bottom