If you don't have a top 10 QB, give up

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I would not have witnessed two SB titles and 3 trips without Ben. Put him in your lists wherever you want. Guy is great and perfectly fits that team. Keep on rolling along and racking up wins
True but hes not elite. Putting up average numbers year after year and just being blessed by being on of the best defensive teams in the league year after year and having them holding it down for you does not make you elite.

Ben sure looked like a big time quarterback driving his team down the field for a game winning touchdown where only Holmes could catch it....to win the Super bowl.

Peyton Manning, the "Regular Season Spokesman"  So many excuses have been made to justify Peyton Mannings playoff futility.  Yeah, he's cerebral, he has the astronomical stats but, he is BUNS, in the playoffs. Blame Bill Polian for investing so much cheddar into that high octane offense and neglecting the other side of the field. Peyton has never been a big game QB. Not even in college. He never could beat the gators and, to make matters worse, he lost the heisman trophy to sir charles woodson and, the vols won the national championship in '99 the year after he left. Dude has always had supreme talent around him and still has fallen short when it matters. Barely got by a rex grossman led bears team AND, every body and the mama knows Dominic Rhodes was the MVP of that game. Peyton had Edgerrin James,  Tarik Glenn at LT, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Stokely (albeit he's not the greatest WR but his slot play is solid) etc. Tom Brady had David Patton, troy brown, daniel graham, Corey Dillon ( A VERY, underrated legend of a rb imo) etc. People saw what happened when New England put weapons around that boy. Broke King Peytons TD pass record.
Now, Im a cowboys fan and hated Eli when he came out of ole miss. I thought he was the most overrated man walking because of his pedigree and, I was wrong for years. However, he was the one blessed with the big game gene, not Peyton. He has killed my lowly Cowboys. Whenever we play the Giants, we pretty much are in a dogfight and succumb by 2:00 left in the fourth. Eli is the real damn deal! I have never seen a guy take a such a beating in the pocket and show that much resiliency. And, he has one of those sneaky strong arms (Kind of like that guy Tom Brady). With that sad, it will be a PLEASURE of mines to witness Eli or Tom win on Peytons turf. If I were to have a kid and he decides to play football, I will remind him that he should shoot for regular season greatness at any cost. The regular season is definitely an indicator of what it takes to be great.

What is this? Eli and Big Ben not elite QBs? When did this happen? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Antidope

I would not have witnessed two SB titles and 3 trips without Ben. Put him in your lists wherever you want. Guy is great and perfectly fits that team. Keep on rolling along and racking up wins
True but hes not elite. Putting up average numbers year after year and just being blessed by being on of the best defensive teams in the league year after year and having them holding it down for you does not make you elite.
Name 5 active QB's better than Ben?  And in a few words or less, say what makes each QB better.

Preach
Ben sure looked like a big time quarterback driving his team down the field for a game winning touchdown where only Holmes could catch it....to win the Super bowl.

He didn't even look average vs the broncos or the 49ers. The only thing he dominates is the women he's with. Charlie Batch comes in and look like a starting QB on that team because it runs itself. 

Eli is very cluch were Peyton is not Peyotn is a greater QB but if I need one of the to win one big game for my money I'd take Eli he feels no pressure.

So who are your elite QB's then? Ben is 10-3 in the playoffs, 80-33 in the regular season, 165 TD's to 100 Int's. What constitutes elite? Great regular season numbers? Playoffs numbers? What's your criteria?

I hope you're not going to bring up the 49ers and Broncos game from this year when the guy was playing with a high ankle sprain and could not even plant his foot to throw the ball, nor was he able to take a step out of the pocket which is what he relies on.

Can't believe you really brought those games up to support your argument
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by epox12

So who are your elite QB's then? Ben is 10-3 in the playoffs, 80-33 in the regular season, 165 TD's to 100 Int's. What constitutes elite? Great regular season numbers? Playoffs numbers? What's your criteria?

As stated so is Charlie Batch, It not an offensive team and it's has never been a passing team, he is a tough gritty game manager, he is not nor hor has he ever been a top 5 qb in the NFL.

Originally Posted by 1D

As stated so is Charlie Batch, It not an offensive team and it's has never been a passing team, he is a tough gritty game manager, he is not nor hor has he ever been a top 5 qb in the NFL.

Stop trolling.  Charlie Batch has thrown less than 100 passes in total over the last 3 seasons combined. 

i've never heard ANYONE call ben elite on this board. not once, until right now. and this season alone certainly did not propel him into that class. the biggest ben guy on this board has always said ben is n that tier right below brady, peyton, brees, rodgers, and i assume he still places him there. (dmx - let me know if i'm wrong)

the point is, if eli is going to now be in that class because of his superbowl winning drive and ability to comeback on the big stage, then big ben already has to be in that elite class, because he's done it. he's won consistently. he's won on the big stage. and he's got that game winning SB drive that people always seem to forget. he's always in the playoffs. he wins.

i've always had ben in that spot right below the big 4. and i have eli in that spot as well. if he continues to play like this, he'll make the jump into the next level in my mind.

Originally Posted by 1D

So you believe Charlie Batch could do what Ben has done over his career? And you are using two games in which he has a high ankle sprain and could barely move to justify your argument? You made your personal feelings known when you brought up the "women he dominates". If you think Ben is nothing more than a glorified game manager you are trippin. There is a huge drop off from Ben to Charlie Batch, Alex Smith and Joe Flacco.

Ben can't win, even in year Peyton didn't play at all.

I'm tired of the "Pitt defense" thing against Ben. The Steelers have had good defense since the 70s. Is it his fault his organization drafts well every year?

To say he's not top 5 is ok, but not top 10 is absurd.

NT top ten QB list

Cue Dylan Voice

1. Tom Brady
2. Tom Brady
3. Tom Brady
4. Tom Brady
5. Tom Brady
6. Tom Brady
7. Tom Brady
8. Tom Brady
9. Tom Brady
10. Tom Brady

And don't question this list. According to some NT lame. it's a universal list

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Ben can't win, even in year Peyton didn't play at all.

I'm tired of the "Pitt defense" thing against Ben. The Steelers have had good defense since the 70s. Is it his fault his organization drafts well every year?

To say he's not top 5 is ok, but not top 10 is absurd.

I agree. People are ridiculous on this board. As a 9er fan I have no doubt Ben could have won that game on Sunday for us easily (when his ankle is right). All these guys who are fans of teams with average QB's calling Ben a game manager have no idea what they are talking about. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

Name 5 active QB's better than Ben?  And in a few words or less, say what makes each QB better.
Peyton
Eli
Brady
Brees
Rodgers

DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN THESE?

Peyton
Eli
Brady
Brees
Rodgers

I addressed this before in another thread.  Eli has neither stats or playoff/Super Bowl wins over Ben. 

The 5 I just listed, lets not just start throwing around the term Elite to people who dont deserve it. His quarterbacking numbers are average, there are plently of other qbs who consistently put up better numbers than he does year after year. He's a product of his environment IMO especially when it comes to his win loss. He's good, but great no? Elite? No. If he didnt have 2 SB wins he wouldnt be in the convo cause the numbers are really average. He's gonna be the worst QB in the HoF without question.

Peyton
Eli
Brady
Brees
Rodgers

I addressed this before in another thread.  Eli has neither stats or playoff/Super Bowl wins over Ben. 

Ok lets remove Eli, I figured that people wouldnt give me that. Bens not elite either and doesnt get thrown in just cause Eli gets removed cause their career stats match up pretty well, so if Eli cant go why should Ben? Cause Bens teams always been better?

The 5 I just listed, lets not just start throwing around the term Elite to people who dont deserve it. His quarterbacking numbers are average, there are plently of other qbs who consistently put up better numbers than he does year after year. He's a product of his environment IMO especially when it comes to his win loss. He's good, but great no? Elite? No. If he didnt have 2 SB wins he wouldnt be in the convo cause the numbers are really average. He's gonna be the worst QB in the HoF without question.
So he had nothing to do with those SB wins? It was all the defense and running game but in Eli's case in 07 it was all Eli and had nothing to do with a miracle catch by a back up WR? Ok.

Peyton
Eli
Brady
Brees
Rodgers

Ok lets remove Eli, I figured that people wouldnt give me that. Bens not elite either and doesnt get thrown in just cause Eli gets removed cause their career stats match up pretty well, so if Eli cant go why should Ben? Cause Bens teams always been better?

But we need a 5th QB.  You have to pick one. 
laugh.gif
  Ben has better stats than Eli and 2 SB's.  Brady is the only active QB with 2 or more SBs. 

laugh.gif
Ok remove Eli and don't count Ben. Who's your fifth qb then? (and Peyton didn't even play this year n no ones if he ever will but whatever)

Back
Top Bottom