If you don't have a top 10 QB, give up

So how long does it take to become elite because it can be argued that Rodgers is the best quarterback in the game today.

And no question Romo is better than Sanchez. Romo is a top 10 QB.

How does Sanchez get put into a mix of anything? Jesus he shouldn't be mentioned anywhere.
I don't even want to go look at sanchez's stats. Good games? Seasons? Um.. Okay.

this thread has gone to hell
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

fyi....Eli Manning had a QB rating of 82 vs the 49ers, and he played terrific consideringthe conditions and the pass attempts, vs arguably the best defense in the L and absolutely killed him....don't look into stats too much when judging quarterbacks. Alex Smith had a higher QB rating that game, you want to sit there and tell me Alex Smith played a better game this past Sunday?

Yes, Alex Smith played a better game this past Sunday.  Eli should have had like 6 picks in that game but some of the passes were so bad you had 2 defenders colliding with each other trying to pick off passes.

Originally Posted by cguy610

fyi....Eli Manning had a QB rating of 82 vs the 49ers, and he played terrific consideringthe conditions and the pass attempts, vs arguably the best defense in the L and absolutely killed him....don't look into stats too much when judging quarterbacks. Alex Smith had a higher QB rating that game, you want to sit there and tell me Alex Smith played a better game this past Sunday?

Yes, Alex Smith played a better game this past Sunday.  Eli should have had like 6 picks in that game but some of the passes were so bad you had 2 defenders colliding with each other trying to pick off passes.
Eli threw the ball 58 times, and threw two bad passes.....two....in awful conditions, vs that defense, throwing a medicine ball.
Alex Smith threw passes in that 4th and OT that could have easily been pick 6's, and then started to throw the ball on the ground.

QBs based on your opinion...... Vick > Romo > Eli..........and you want people to take you seriously?

Originally Posted by Statis22

So how long does it take to become elite because it can be argued that Rodgers is the best quarterback in the game today.

ok and so is vick but i wouldnt call either of them elite, or anything relatively close to elite. brady and brees are the only elite guys at the qb position, eli, rodgers, ben are like knocking on the door. And then theres a section of good decent guys you can place in whatever order you like... the vicks, the romo, flacco, etc..

Your out of your damn mind if you think Smith played a better game than Eli. If Smith played better than Eli, the Niners would have won that game EASILY, even with the mistakes. 

the 9ers didn't convert a single 3rd down with alex smith passing on almost every single one of them. saying he played better than eli on sunday is a joke. no one should even be acknowledging that statement.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by Statis22

ok and so is vick but i wouldnt call either of them elite, or anything relatively close to elite. brady and brees are the only elite guys at the qb position, eli, rodgers, ben are like knocking on the door. And then theres a section of good decent guys you can place in whatever order you like... the vicks, the romo, flacco, etc..

Still don't know what you're trying to say.

Are you nuts?  Alex played extremely poorly, sans one amazing pass and one good one.  He didnt face nearly the pressure Eli did.  And somehow, that was only good enough to complete 12 of 26 passes.  He was inaccurate pretty much all day.  Missing Kyle Williams who was running wide open down the field that even a mildly off target throw would have resulted in a 50 yard gain.  Alex failed to throw to  a wide open Delanie Walker on a wheel route on one of the first plays of the second half.  Both of which could have been game changing plays, which werent exactly difficult throws to make.  He picked up 8% of third down opportunities.  He telegraphed passes so they were deflected at the line of scrimmage.  He did this all while having a fairly clean pocket all game long.

Eli on the other hand was getting pummeled all game long.  And he got up and made plays.  Wasnt his best game, but he was playing the best defense in the league.  What about Alex's game was better than Eli's?  Seriously, Im asking. 

I've seen Romo's name brought up a few times, not sure why when Jerry Jones doesn't even have faith in him.

Originally Posted by primetime21

every football board I go to big ben and jay cutler gets no love 
30t6p3b.gif
Cutler gets no love from fans because they don't watch him play and just listen to media bash him like they love to do.

Why so much hate on Eli???...seems like out of all the QBs that have won SBs in the past decade, he's the only one that doesn't get the approval from the public, aside from his fans....ya all agreed, Brady, Brees, Ben, Peyton, Rodgers, are Elite...but not Eli?...makes no sense.

why do people assume people hate eli just cause they don't consider him elite, yet. it's not hate...it's not like anyone is saying eli sucks and is garbage. everyone saying he's not elite is acknowledging the fact that he's damn good

I would like to address a page or two back with some being reluctant to say Rodgers is elite. I find that silly and off base. Rodgers is at the top of his game, which happens to also be some of the best quarterback play the last two years. Just because 90% of the population didn't acknowledge this until their Super Bowl win doesn't mean he hasn't been playing like this for a solid two years.

I don't see why Rodgers can't be considered elite when it's clear he's a top echelon Q today. He's very much on par with Brees and Brady, if not moreso.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

why do people assume people hate eli just cause they don't consider him elite, yet. it's not hate...it's not like anyone is saying eli sucks and is garbage. everyone saying he's not elite is acknowledging the fact that he's damn good

Because the standards you guys are using to measure other "elite" QBs somehow someway don't apply to Eli?...what makes Eli so different than Ben??...or even Rodgers?

^Consistency. Despite Eli being pegged as a great playoff Q and clutch, he's been inconsistent his whole career.

Back
Top Bottom