If you don't have a top 10 QB, give up

Originally Posted by S4L3

There is no way you can call Arodg inconsistent.
No, he's not really though.

Point is, you got some people in here like Brady's niece who are saying you got to be consistent to be elite, and I honestly don't know how Rodgers is any different from Eli, Ben, and others.

It's Brees, Manning, and Brady. Period.

You honestly think there is no difference between Arodg, and Eli? Arodg has 38 Int's total in his career. Eli had one season in which he threw 25 int's another season he threw 20 int's. 

Originally Posted by Proshares

Wait...

McNabb is only a "possibly" for the HOF?

He really hurt his chances showing up fat and out of shape in Washington and Minnesota. Seems like he was just content collecting checks these past two years.

You have Brees on here, he's been "elite" for about 5 years
5 years? Are you serious? Brees been consistent....

All this Rodgers being elite nonsense just starting this year. Right after the ring.
You honestly think there is no difference between Arodg, and Eli?
You honestly going to sit there and post int's as being the sole reason why Rodgers is any different from Eli?

You have Brees on here, he's been "elite" for about 5 years
5 years? Are you serious? Brees been consistent....

All this Rodgers being elite nonsense just starting this year. Right after the ring.
You honestly think there is no difference between Arodg, and Eli?
You honestly going to sit there and post int's as being the sole reason why Rodgers is any different from Eli?

You are not seeing the point of why I bring that up. Eli runs hot and cold. When he is on like he has been the past two months he is as good as anyone playing QB. He also has stretches where he runs very cold. That has been the story his entire career. Hot and Cold. Arodg has played at a consistent level his entire career. Always solid and sometimes spectacular but never cold for stretches of games. If you don't see the difference there is nothing I can say or anyone else that will make you change your mind. If you don't think he is elite that is one thing but to say he is not consistent? Yeah ok

Eli really did not have a "cold stretch" per say the last few years, the teams he was on were just pretty average and haven't come into their own yet (after Plax shot himself), even last year he led his team to 10 wins despite WR's not catching balls and leading the league in turnovers by a wide margin.

Even this year his team wasn't too great considering the injuries and inconsistent play from his WR's despite Eli passing the football right into their hands. He still won games for them even with ZERO running game. Difference now is a 'healthier' defense and WR's finally catching the damn ball, their running is still mediocre.

This year they make the playoffs with 9 wins, go figure.

ARodgers NOT consistent? NOT elite?? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Wow.

You missed it again, this is saying the past 9 years, so after those two. The most recent era

Arodg has played at a consistent level his entire career. Always solid and sometimes spectacular but never cold for stretches of games
Are you serious? Never had a bad stretch of games, huh? LOL. Even Packer fans don't believe that...

Brees, Manning, and Brady been doing it for years, not no 2-3 year stretch.

It's really hard to judge this. Most great quarterbacks are on good teams with good receivers. Very few quarterbacks have played on bad teams and still managed to get far (John Elway is the first one to come to mind).

We call a lot of these quarterbacks great because they won, so it's a circular argument.

SD Brees wasn't the same as N.O. Brees is what I'm sayin. I like Drew, been solid since 01, but he wasn't "Drew Brees" til New Orleans if you know what I mean. That was 06. Rodgers been doin it since 08, so if you askin for another year or two of production, I can understand that. But my $$$, Rodgers is Elite. I just don't see him dropping off dramatically les he gets nuked on the field.

Arodg has played at a consistent level his entire career. Always solid and sometimes spectacular but never cold for stretches of games
Are you serious? Never had a bad stretch of games, huh? LOL. Even Packer fans don't believe that...

Brees, Manning, and Brady been doing it for years, not no 2-3 year stretch.

I didn't say he never has bad games all qb's have bad games but his level of play remains consistent. Like I said if you think he is not elite because its too premature that is one thing but to say he is inconsistent is just you trying to nitpick at a QB you didn't like to begin with. So Brees, Manning and Brady have been doing it for years not no 2-3 year stretch but you said Romo is a top 5 QB. He has missed the playoffs 3 out the last 4 years. Ok.  

Originally Posted by Proshares

Wait...

McNabb is only a "possibly" for the HOF?
Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by ssjjfar

Possibles: Romo, Mcnabb, Vick

For the Hall of fame?  

Originally Posted by ssjjfar

Even just one ring will bump any of those possibles up to most likely.
^ That was mainly for Vick and Romo

Mcnabb is still on there even without any chance of him winning any rings in future.
But really,
zero MVPs
zero Passing Titles
zero Rings
He had a lot of good years, a few great years, one conference championship.

I'm not saying he won't, I'm just saying he isn't a guarantee. He was on my list of active players would could though, I wasn't thrashing him.

SD Brees wasn't the same as N.O. Brees is what I'm sayin. I like Drew, been solid since 01, but he wasn't "Drew Brees" til New Orleans if you know what I mean. That was 06. Rodgers been doin it since 08, so if you askin for another year or two of production, I can understand that. But my $$$, Rodgers is Elite. I just don't see him dropping off dramatically les he gets nuked on the field.
Brees last two years in SD were great.

SD Brees wasn't the same as N.O. Brees is what I'm sayin. I like Drew, been solid since 01, but he wasn't "Drew Brees" til New Orleans if you know what I mean.
That doesn't even make any damn sense. Brees last two years in SD were money. Top 5 in the league...

It was no more than two years ago, that Rodgers had the worst pocket presence in the league. 45+ sacks right? Don't crown him just yet...
So Brees, Manning and Brady have been doing it for years not no 2-3 year stretch but you said Romo is a top 5 QB
What the hell does that have to do with anything? You been giving me that groupie love for awhile, give me some room to breath my man.

Take Romo's last 4-5 years statwise and match them up to anybodys. If ya'll want to say he chokes in big games then so be it. Numbers don't lie....

SD Brees wasn't the same as N.O. Brees is what I'm sayin. I like Drew, been solid since 01, but he wasn't "Drew Brees" til New Orleans if you know what I mean.
That doesn't even make any damn sense. Brees last two years in SD were money. Top 5 in the league...

It was no more than two years ago, that Rodgers had the worst pocket presence in the league. 45+ sacks right? Don't crown him just yet...
So Brees, Manning and Brady have been doing it for years not no 2-3 year stretch but you said Romo is a top 5 QB
What the hell does that have to do with anything? You been giving me that groupie love for awhile, give me some room to breath my man.

Take Romo's last 4-5 years statwise and match them up to anybodys. If ya'll want to say he chokes in big games then so be it. Numbers don't lie....

You just said the stats don't matter when it comes to Arodg but when it comes to Romo look at his stats? You sound a little rattled there Shoes I will give you room to breath now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

This guy shoes...
laugh.gif

Clown show.  Dude has no clue what he is talking about.  Brees sure as hell wasnt "consistent" or elite when in San Diego.  And Rodgers has been as consistent as anyone in the league for the past 4 years. 

Hmmm..Well, I will say that Romo over the years has definitely had stretches where he's played some great quarterback that would be worthy of top 5 consideration and there is really no doubt about that.

True about those 45 sacks, but I'd say that was just a little on the Oline no?  Rodgers might have avoided a few, but at some point you need your line to block somebody.  And even with that, Rodgers 4 seasons have been better than what Brees did those final 2 in SD, and that was with a prime LT and a soon to be superstar in Gates comin up.  Rodgers has weapons, but those kind of weapons? 

I'm fine if you want to say Brady/Manning/Brees, that's fine, but you and I both know Aaron sits at 4 then, and no reason that he shouldn't keep improving.  He's gotten better each year.  If he gets even better next year, there's no chance in hell he isn't top 3 kicking Manning to the curb. 

And for the record, Eli isn't all that far behind, that kid is coming up quick.  That's not a knock on Rodgers though. 

True about those 45 sacks, but I'd say that was just a little on the Oline no?  Rodgers might have avoided a few, but at some point you need your line to block somebody.  And even with that, Rodgers 4 seasons have been better than what Brees did those final 2 in SD, and that was with a prime LT and a soon to be superstar in Gates comin up.  Rodgers has weapons, but those kind of weapons? 

I'm fine if you want to say Brady/Manning/Brees, that's fine, but you and I both know Aaron sits at 4 then, and no reason that he shouldn't keep improving.  He's gotten better each year.  If he gets even better next year, there's no chance in hell he isn't top 3 kicking Manning to the curb. 

And for the record, Eli isn't all that far behind, that kid is coming up quick.  That's not a knock on Rodgers though. 

Brees comment I believe was in response to someone saying his numbers weren't good until he was with Saints.

Top 4 Rodgers is there, I completely agree with you there.
But idk what exactly it is, but that offense has to be more than just Rodgers, Flynn had more yards and more TDs then Rodgers had in any game this year(ever?). I'm excited to see how Philbin ends up doing with Dolphins next year.

Eli coming up quick? He's been starting twice as long as Rodgers. He's been around lower half of top 10, depending on year. Not really moving up or down too much.

Exactly rodgers stepped it up in 08-09 then he starting playing like he has as of lately in the 09-10 season. So like i stated earlier i enjoy rodgers he is good but to say he is at the level of a brady after just having 2 and half great seasons in a row is kinda premature. And brees last yr or so at sd he was in the running for mvp, sooooooooooooo lets not act like he all of a sudden became great elite. Brees has been in the form for a solid 5 or so years in a row. Eli um he hasnt put together a string of consistant great seasons, but when he has a great season he is one of the best, and when he doesnt well he is ok good, really average good.

Same thing with ben. romo is in a class with sanchez etc... they shouldnt even be in the running for potential elite. They only look good because the such drastic change in play from season after season. One yr will look like doo doo, the next play decent. But when you play like crap and have an ok game it looks better then/seems better then what you have actually done.

Look at ppl like romo,snachez, actually gameplay and stats in their so called great games. They are on par with like a brees,payton,brady solid game at best.

Back
Top Bottom