If You Ever Said The Spurs Were Boring To Watch Kill Yourself

They were never boring to watch, its just a world wide mob mentality. When has efficient basketball been "boring" cause thats what The Spurs have been doing for a decade plus. One person just came out and said it, and people followed like lemmings.

I just saw in the Celtics-Heat thread someone say they were boring.  People say that because they haven't noticed that the Spurs have one of the best offenses this season.  Ginobili and Parker have been some of the best slashers and pick and roll players for years.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Seriously, if you were one of those people whose ever said that the Spurs were boring, please take a screwdriver and gouge out your eyes because you don't deserve to watch basketball.

That is all.
Right because this is the same Spurs team from years past, FOH.

Originally Posted by Antidope

They were never boring to watch, its just a world wide mob mentality. When has efficient basketball been "boring" cause thats what The Spurs have been doing for a decade plus. One person just came out and said it, and people followed like lemmings.
If they are efficient how come they never make back to back Finals ?

roll.gif

Cool thread, why not make this during the season?

Originally Posted by KenJi714

As much as I would like it to be so, we cant win every year. Things happen there was a team that was on our level back then, the only other team. It was either Spurs or Lakers back then, what is efficient however is 13 straight 50 win seasons and numerous deep playoff runs. No other team can say they've had that much consistently in recent years and that in itself is efficient.

They were boring...they used to be defense, defense, defense mixed in with a slow half-court offense. It used to be dump it down to Duncan because he truly was unstoppable in his prime and was the strength of their offense. Now, the strength of their offense is their perimeter attack with all the guards they have that can attack.

Don't mind Ghenges... he thinks he's a big deal in General, which is why he has come to the foreign land that is S&T thinking it will translate.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Seriously, if you were one of those people whose ever said that the Spurs were weak, please take a screwdriver and gouge out your eyes because you don't deserve to watch basketball.

That is all.

You once said the Magic were better off building around Al Jefferson than Dwight Howard though.

I must admit they are more interesting this year.

But things like that Pistons vs Spurs finals was god awful to watch. I did not watch any games during that series

The Spurs offense was never this great back in Duncan's prime. Especially for the '03 title run, though that was probably due to talent.

Pop just started emphasizing offense now due to Duncan's decline.

Back then, personally I still enjoyed Parker's forays to the rim and Ginobili causing havoc in the p&r and then Duncan killing dudes on the block late in games

During the "4 down" era with old, spot up shooters like Smith and Kerr and Ferry, they were boring. The more Pop loosened the leash on TP and Manu's emergence made them more exciting. It's 100% correlational to how Duncan centric they are on offense.

Before Pop switched the offense the Spurs were always boring to watch except Manu, so no I won't kill myself.

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

I can watch them with no problem but the casual fan will lose interest real quick, because there are no dunks etc., they really do not know the game.  Kind of like when people thought the LSU - Alabama game (9-6) was boring, but if you were a true fan it was a great game....
Shut up man, that game as good as both defenses were, was not fun to watch.  Both offenses were so one dimensional it was a complete borefest.  I am one of the biggest football fans on this board but that wasn't a good game.  If each team had a quarterback then we could make that argument, but neither team could execute for %%@@ on offense, great defense or not. 

Anyways on topic.  I can respect the Spurs game, they are so technically sound.  Doesn't take away from the fact that I think they are a majority of the time boring to watch.  Playoff series where I have no team involved I want to see exciting play.  The teams that are left have not delivered.  Hopefully OKC brings the series back to even after their home stand. 

A lot of people mistakenly translate:
-efficient & effective basketball (because it lacks flash)
-a well-run and first class organization (doesn't make headlines in the sports news)
-players that lack personality (although not as marketable, stay drama free)
into "Boring Basketball"

Myself? Been watching Spurs basketball for a while now, and will continue to do so.
pimp.gif
Finals ready!

Originally Posted by KenJi714

As much as I would like it to be so, we cant win every year. Things happen there was a team that was on our level back then, the only other team. It was either Spurs or Lakers back then, what is efficient however is 13 straight 50 win seasons and numerous deep playoff runs. No other team can say they've had that much consistently in recent years and that in itself is efficient.

efficient in what ? You didn't make even one back to back finals.

Yall brand of basketball is boring and non attractive. I can bet 100 right now next year yall be out of the playoff. The Spurs has been like that for years

Those so called boring spurs teams weren't boring as a whole. they just had bruce bowen on their team, who could only play defense and shoot the ball from 1 spot on the entire court.

I really hated Spurs even before after they dismantled my fav.teams/lineups before in the finals (Nets Kidd,Jefferson,Martin)(Pistons Billups,Hamilton,Prince,R. and B.Wallace). But now, I started to realize how good they play basketball in every aspect of it. But there were seasons where they were really boring to watch,especially after the departure of Bruce Bowen to get Jefferson.The OP is just so redundant.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom