IF You Found Out Your Favorite Rapper Was...

GAY, would you still listen to them? Would it bother you at all as a fan? this ? especially goes out to the person whose favorite rapper is Eminem, Jayz, 50cent, nas, Biggie, Pac!

Originally Posted by FiNcH XX

im pretty sure i'd still listen to hov if i found out he was datin memph bleek...

roll.gif

Ehh....Honestly, I'd have a hard time dong so
ohwell.gif

I probably would, but not as frequently.

It'd just be strange from the point of like past girls songs, all the tough talk, idk....

I mean there's gay people that work at auto plants, does that mean I'm gonna leave my car at home and take the bus?? . . . There's gay peopleEVERYwhere, if not the artists deffinetly, employees, execs at record labels, producers, engineers, marketing reps, I mean even if the rapper was gay you'dbe giving him 10 cents unless he's on Koch . . .

If you wouldn't support a rapper cause he was gay, you should get your cable turned off, prolly get rid of most of your clothes and the rest of the @#%@ inyour house, if you live in America, and you spend money, you're paying gays and lesbians . . . To say you wouldn't support an artist who's musicyou like anyway is just idiotic . . . But what else is new.

Originally Posted by FiNcH XX

im pretty sure i'd still listen to hov if i found out he was datin memph bleek...

loooooooooooooooooooooooooool man it would depend on the rapper. If it was a dude that always talked about honnies and doin this and that, then i would belike, damn, how long u been lyin for? But if its a dude whos dope as hell and i really like em, then i couldnt let em go, but ill tell you one thing...

Pre-Exiting closet music yes....Post Exiting closet music NO...

It def. would be a lot harder to listen to the person though...to be honest...allen3xis got it right.

It's different...

example: Buddne is my favorite rapper..

he's put his life into his songs, and for the most part been 100% about it...

Then, I find out he's gay??/

Doesn't add up for me

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

I mean there's gay people that work at auto plants, does that mean I'm gonna leave my car at home and take the bus?? . . . There's gay people EVERYwhere, if not the artists deffinetly, employees, execs at record labels, producers, engineers, marketing reps, I mean even if the rapper was gay you'd be giving him 10 cents unless he's on Koch . . .

If you wouldn't support a rapper cause he was gay, you should get your cable turned off, prolly get rid of most of your clothes and the rest of the @#%@ in your house, if you live in America, and you spend money, you're paying gays and lesbians . . . To say you wouldn't support an artist who's music you like anyway is just idiotic . . . But what else is new.

do people that work at auto plants talk tough and think they are gangsta? do they walk around with guns, or rap about how many girls they %+@+!%? Yourtelling me if you found out Biggie was gay and really had dudes in his jacuzzi rather than the girls he has in a videos in their, you wouldnt care?

This is an issue because Hip Hop is so wrapped up in "image". We as consumers don't separate the artist from the finished product. A gay personmakes a muscle car that car is always gonna be a muscle car. A gay person makes a song. The context of that song changes based on what YOU percieve thehomosexual point of view on that topic is.

Tell me that when you hear these tracks you don't raise an eyebrow.

Floetry - Say Yes (Remember everybody was saying they were gay, don't this song sound like somebody needed a little convincing...)
R. Kelly - Seems Like You're Ready (C'mon man... COME ON!!)

Now imagine if certain artists were to come out.

N.E.R.D. - Rock Star (Haven't you heard that we swallow guys...)
Jadakiss - ??? (Perhaps for instance I give this *fellow* a french kiss...)

That wouldn't change things for you?

Originally Posted by GolfAlphaBravoEcho

This is an issue because Hip Hop is so wrapped up in "image". We as consumers don't separate the artist from the finished product. A gay person makes a muscle car that car is always gonna be a muscle car. A gay person makes a song. The context of that song changes based on what YOU percieve the homosexual point of view on that topic is.

Floetry - Say Yes (Remember everybody was saying they were gay, don't this song sound like somebody needed a little convincing...)

couldnt agree with you more!

Besides the fact that I got nothin against gay ppl, I'd still listen to them just because I like an artist for their music...not their lifestyle. Like amywinehouse smokes crack, r kelly touches little grls, and with all the accusations against mj, that don't change the fact that they put out good music. Thasmy opinion.

In America being gay is just about as normal as havin a gun, working in a factory, or talkin #!!$ about how many women they've $+%!@# . . . Its amazingthat something that has been around before hip hop, or blacks even living in America can still have people on the fence . . . People been gay for thousands ofyears . . . Mathematically some of these dudes HAVE to be gay, and most of them are quite obvious . . . The world is built on "image", that'sjust life . . . Think of a job, or profession, there prolly been a gay person that's worked it or will eventually work it.

As far as BIG, I doubt he was gay, but Diddy is, and he's made 350 million of BIGs money in the process, hasn't bothered him, look at those dudes onMaking The Band
laugh.gif
, who did Usher live with when he was 13 or 14 . . . Russel Simmons, I mean seriously . . .

Originally Posted by GolfAlphaBravoEcho

This is an issue because Hip Hop is so wrapped up in "image". We as consumers don't separate the artist from the finished product. A gay person makes a muscle car that car is always gonna be a muscle car. A gay person makes a song. The context of that song changes based on what YOU percieve the homosexual point of view on that topic is.

Jadakiss was talking bout putting the burner in dudes piehole.... Not a gay reference in anyway....

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Lil Wayne still has fans.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Word... That dude kiss grown MEN and talk about MOB.... lololol... I dislike wayne as an artist but when I saw the flick with him and Bryan Williams , itwas a wrizzy
sick.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Ehh....Honestly, I'd have a hard time dong so
ohwell.gif

I probably would, but not as frequently.

It'd just be strange from the point of like past girls songs, all the tough talk, idk....
what he said.

To me it would not affect me as a fan. I listen to them because I enjoy their music and the material they put out. I could care less what goes on in theirbedrooms. SMH at some of you people and your responses.

I bet many of you do not know that the dude who battled eminem in 8 mile was in a gay movie, The dude who plays Magneto in X-Men is gay. who gives a damn whois and who isn't as long as they put out good matieral that's all that should matter.

That song's about one person seducing another person.

Same here, you "assume" that that person is a consenting "adult".

An extention of the metaphor of eating a competitor...

The line [actually/i] goes:

Hearin you out is senseless, perhaps for instance
I give this *fellow* a french kiss

I took it as, listening to you doesn't make any sence. Just like if you saw me kiss another man.

I think you missed the point...

Kanye is gay and I still support him

laugh.gif
I keed I keed
but as far as r&b goes, I'll never listen to another song from a guy dedicating his love songs to another guy...rap, I dont know

Naw I wouldn't. I don't like that ##!% +++. I have no problem with anyone that lives that lifestyle but I don't co-sign it. Its like if I found outRobin Thicke was a racist or some +++. I wouldn't support him either.

Back
Top Bottom