If you see a guy beating up his girl, would you step in?

I used to say I'd at least try to intervene, then my boy pointed out something that made so much sense: "if I step in, dude could kill me, and she would be right back with him next week".... After thinking about female tendencies, this gave me a different perspective b/c I could totally see that happening.

Of course i'd step in. Other way around too. If i see a girl beating up on a man. i'ma step in.

ex boss wife told me how in venezuela police dont respond to domestic violence calls because they know that the couple will be back together next week........unfortunately its true.

and im going to be "that guy" but ANYTHING in america is abuse.......ive seen a man get arrested for YELLING at his wife and the neighbors called the police.....wife begging them not to take him and there reason was "we have to make sure"

too much power i tell you.........the double P's

***** and police.

Absolutely bro. This same thing happened my freshmen year of college. Saw dude beating his girl walking across the street from me and my boy. We got between them and calmed them down. My boy then brought the girl to campus security and they took it over from there.

I used to say I'd at least try to intervene, then my boy pointed out something that made so much sense: "if I step in, dude could kill me, and she would be right back with him next week".... After thinking about female tendencies, this gave me a different perspective b/c I could totally see that happening.

I wouldn't step in. Only if it was a family member.

One night I had my older sister, her boyfriend, and 3 of their mutual friends visit me in college.

Gave my sister and her boyfriend my bed and slept on the couch. Hear them verbally fighting a little and keep listening until I hear my sister say "don't touch me". Went in there and asked what was going on, sisters crying, I pull him away, kick him out of my apartment, my sister breaks up with him as this is happening and we are shoving each other, friends step in and pull us away from each other.

They were back together in two weeks. This is my parents favorite story about me. They hated dude lol. Weird thing for me is he was like a brother to me for 4 years and one of my best friends. We made up after the fight and we're cool. Stopped talking when my sister and him broke up (which was like a year later) but he still reaches out to me. I just can't mess with him because of my sister.

Last edited:
Living next to it HAS to be rough. So many different angles to explore in these situations.

Call the cops..

I personally saw a good Samaritan get stabbed in the testicles by the chick he was helping to protect..

Long story short;

I was in work parking lot and I saw a man beating the hell outta a chick..

I was going to intervene but a co-worker stopped me because he already called the cops..

A good Samaritan couldn't watch and punch the dude.. While the two dudes was tussling.. the woman pulled a knife out and stabbed the good Samaritan right in the testicles for "hitting her man"

Last edited:
Call the cops..

I personally saw a good Samaritan get stabbed in the testicles by the chick he was helping to protect..

Long story short;

I was going to intervene but a co-worker stopped me because he already called the cops..

A good Samaritan couldn't watch and punch the dude.. While the two was tussling.. the woman pulled a knife out and stabbed the good Samaritan right in the testicles for "hitting her man"
this aint nothing new niether...

I think I told this story before on NT but I had this same thought in a Walmart, seen this huge Mexican guy with his chick and you can hear him yelling at her and I thought to myself that I'd step in but just like you I thought about how ol' girl might rise up and try and defend her dude and now I'm getting jumped, he might kill me and now my wife and kids without me cause I wanted to be a hero or I could be critically injured. It's not worth it to me. I'm calling the cops for sure but I can't say I'd immediately jump in.

I can't put my life on the line for folks who ain't my wife and kids

Call the cops..

Long story short;

A good Samaritan couldn't watch and punch the dude.. While the two was tussling.. the woman pulled a knife out and stabbed the good Samaritan right in the testicles for "hitting her man"

this aint nothing new niether...

Luckily I was stopped and I didn't have to learn that the hard way..

Depends. Like on one hand I'm not gonna let somebody get possibly killed, but also I'm not gonna get stomped out or worse if it comes to that. I'll call the cops and watch from a distance

Me and my sister seen a dude beat up his pregnant gf when I was like 17. No way in hell I was intervening in that ****. My mom's ended up calling the cops... but like y'all said, they were together the very next week. He punched her a good 4x in her face tho, I did a Homer Simpson gif and turned the TV on.

only in Florida, so i could legally shoot someone for being "scared for my life."

Last edited:
Stabbed in the balls though :wow: :smh: got damn.

I wish nt had more women for them to chime in.

Another thing to think about, if he's beating her in public, chances are its not the first time so she knew what she was in for.

Last edited:
Some girls don't go back to abusive relationships. You'd keep it pushing and not try to save another human being because you may get murdered or she may go back to her abusive boyfriend? Why not sexy up your knuckle game and show her how a real man gets down?

at the end of the day, the bystander is not at fault, it lies 100% on the abuser. the bystander has the option to do something, which would be admirable, but not obligated, because it does come with risk.

Stabbed in the balls though :wow: :smh: got damn.

I wish nt had more women for them to chime in.

Another thing to think about, if he's beating her in public, chances are its not the first time so she knew what she was in for.

I was tripping out the obvious stabbing but the fact that she was taking a beating and never once mentioned or pulled out the knife on her man..

Dude I went to school with wife got killed like this. Her cousin called her in the middle of the night to pick her up cuz her bf was beating on her again. They got 2 little girls and he begged her not to go but she went anyway. She got there and he was beating her, she intervened and got stabbed in the neck and died. If the cousin really wanted to leave the dude she would've called 12 not her female cousin and initially led to her death.

there was a couple walking down my street all heated, dude really was trying not to let his emotions get the best of him...but ol girl kept at it antagonizing him

he finally shoved her to the floor and she jumped on him. mind you this was in front of my place so i straight out yelled and said, yall better take that **** down the street and not get into in in front of my place.

i got the " mind your business" reply...but i just reiterated to take it down the block.

i aint tryna hear that ***t

Last edited:
Some girls don't go back to abusive relationships. You'd keep it pushing and not try to save another human being because you may get murdered or she may go back to her abusive boyfriend? Why not sexy up your knuckle game and show her how a real man gets down?

I dunno, man. Dude could have a knife or a burner and now you're in the hospital or dead trying defend some chick's honor who you don't even know....who in all likelihood is gonna end up right back with them. You can't judge other people's relationship dynamics. If I see him physically hitting her, I'll I'm gonna call the police and then keep it moving.

Back
Top Bottom