If you were making $44k to $48k a year, can a person afford a $36k car comfortably?

To the people emphasizing on getting a used car, the difference between a brand new car and used one isn't all that big anymore (especially with Japanese cars, which is what I've been shopping for).

OP is still dumb for making this thread though :lol:

who pays the full cost upfront? and why buy when you can lease.

not sure if srs

let someone else take the depreciation hit on the new car

Depends on what else you're spending money on. If you're okay living in a cheaper area, possibly eating out less, and not getting yourself new clothes and electronics all the time, it should be OK.

If you're going to finance, don't do anything higher than 1.9%. I was able to get my 3-series for 0.9% due to good credit.

Let me be real here one time, NinjaHood is an expert of many things. Many things he does not own and might never own either, all talk no walk b.

He'll be yapping bout the hemi until he dies and still post on here recommending it to the next next next generation. 

Let me be real here one time, NinjaHood is an expert of many things. Many things he does not own and might never own either, all talk no walk b.

He'll be yapping bout the hemi until he dies and still post on here recommending it to the next next next generation. 

Umm im a semester away from getting my associate

Degree in automotive technology, which is SAE certified, aka i know WTF im talkin bout b, fall back

Sit down & learn something..ya dig?

Everything else u think i down own i either DO

OWN or OWNED...u sounding like my biggest fan

Right now.

Last edited:
OP, has some serious thinking to do.

Is a car really worth the potential headache of a car payment?

not really sure why you want to buy such an expense car, my instincts tell me you're thinking european as well

EDIT:

just saw that you want an american car :smh:

just get a 2001-5 lexus

and you'll be good

Last edited:
Umm im a semester away from getting my associate

Degree in automotive technology, which is SAE certified, aka i know WTF im talkin bout b, fall back

Sit down & learn something..ya dig?

Everything else u thibk i down own i either DO

OWN or OWNED...u sounding like my biggest fan

Right now.
So you've owned a Charger wit da hemi?

Your associates isn't a damn thing bruh. At least your shoe collection can get you a porsche, being it's "porsche money" But cool story hermano tell it again.  

Buy a truck. You'll be able to do so much more than you'd be able to with a car.

Cars limit you way too much.

so many people out here fronting with their cars on a meager salary while living with their parents. know this girl driving a bmw and she living in small studio living check to check and always complaining about money

People on this board love counting other people's money. If its not effecting you directly why does it matter if someone is living out of their means? Let them do them. You don't know their situation. They could be living with their parents, push a nice whip and make more than you.

People on this board love counting other people's money. If its not effecting you directly why does it matter if someone is living out of their means? Let them do them. You don't know their situation. They could be living with their parents, push a nice whip and make more than you.

Maybe because OP asked our advice. :lol: You didn't bother to read did you?

I responded to dude above me. Maybe you should have read closely and put it together.

My rule of thumb is only spend half your salary on your car

So someone who makes $250K/year should be able to buy a brand new Porsche Cayenne Turbo?

View media item 435603
Y'all are something else...

What?

Because 50% is way to much! Like I said earlier... 20% of your salary is ideal.

My folks told me when I was a kid

15% on home or rent
10% on car

My folks always stressed having a nice cushion and living below your means.

My folks told me when I was a kid

15% on home or rent
10% on car

My folks always stressed having a nice cushion and living below your means.
Nobody give a single damb about yo parents

Live fast and die young, you peckerhead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom