If your favorite artist turned out to be gay

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

chances are your favorite rappers are already gay, for instance this article from last year

http://www.sohh.com/2011/09/i_think_there_are_several_rappers_that_a.html

Damn Raekwon dont give a *@@+
roll.gif

raekwon mad blatant lol. to each his own. good music is good music. ima def still bump ocean, his life choices don't make him less of a person. people still mess with rkelly and he golden showered a teen right?

if yall bump music from convicted felons who glorify drugs x murder and all forms of rachetness in between, then yall should be cool with bumpin music from an artist who just happens to be gay.

I honestly thought I would care, but after Frank Ocean coming out (one of my favorite artists out right now).. It hasn't changed my view on him. I'll still support
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

NPH is gay. Barney Stinson doesn't work as a gay character. As long as the artist is separated from the art then the audience doesn't have to change. But if that line is blurred or crossed then adjustments have to be made.

If Royce Day 5'9 came out of the closet I would still check for his verses but if he started to rap about something I
1.) Couldn't relate to and
2.) Had no interest in

I'd stop.

Its that simple.

I've been listening to rappers lie about being pimps, hustlers, tough guys, being non-chauvinistic,rich,poor,ghetto,sophisticated,retired and honest. Why not add "straight" to that list.

Depends on who. Any rapper that's bragged about getting women while they were living a lie does not get a pass.

Now if it's someone like Mayer Hawthrone or Regina Spektor, eh.

Raekwon
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I like it that some of you dopes are expecting truth from rappers of all people. Let's say they were gay and made songs about getting girls, how would it be different than them lying about how many people they kill, how much dope they have sold, how much money they have, etc?

In case you haven't noticed, rappers lie. Music is art. Treat it as such.

Originally Posted by hugebird

I like it that some of you dopes are expecting truth from rappers of all people. Let's say they were gay and made songs about getting girls, how would it be different than them lying about how many people they kill, how much dope they have sold, how much money they have, etc?

But music is also about honesty. And generally, people take in the music from their favorite artists as the story of that artist's life or of someone the artist knows or connects with. I think it goes both ways ...

Originally Posted by illfrozn

But music is also about honesty. And generally, people take in the music from their favorite artists as the story of that artist's life or of someone the artist knows or connects with. I think it goes both ways ...

So wouldn't the artist be telling the story of someone he knows who gets girls?

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

So wouldn't the artist be telling the story of someone he knows who gets girls?
Yes, and that's entirely possible. I'm just saying that accepting music as is just because we shouldn't expect truth is not 100% accurate ...

i dont think i can listen to Raheem Devaughn if he began singing about men
laugh.gif

i'll just listen to all the old stuff 

if anything Frank coming out makes me want to check his music out to see what he's talking about...i wasn't checking for him before

You know, you're right. I was really pissed when I found out that Cam'ron didn't, in fact, trade in his 8 whips for a spaceship.

You know, you're right. I was really pissed when I found out that Cam'ron didn't, in fact, trade in his 8 whips for a spaceship.
No I think he did tho. Cause he had a warrant and if he wasn't in orbit he be locked out at this moment.

I've thought for years that 90% of male r&b singers are gay. I mean, these dudes must have been singing and dancing since they were little kids. Regardless though, I could care less if they're gay. As long as they make good music, then it's fine by me.

Originally Posted by Gmbybryant

Sean Price's catalog would never be the same to me...

imagine if him and rock had a thing
roll.gif
sick.gif

man that raekwon interview was hilarious too 'get the +#$* away from me, immediately' 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by space jam XI

I've thought for years that 90% of male r&b singers are gay. I mean, these dudes must have been singing and dancing since they were little kids. Regardless though, I could care less if they're gay. As long as they make good music, then it's fine by me.

I find this quote to be extremely prejudice as well as full of stupidity. How does a man who sings and dances well, automatically equivalent to someone who is homosexual? Not only is this offensive to the RnB singers, but to gay people in general as well. 

I'm not gay and I no problem with gay people, but if my iPod is stacked with Breezy, Jeremih, Usher, Trey, ect., does that raise eyebrows that I may be potentially gay? Nope, it shouldn't. Smh at the mentality of some of these goons. 

Originally Posted by AyshunPryde

Originally Posted by space jam XI

I find this quote to be extremely prejudice as well as full of stupidity. How does a man who sings and dances well, automatically equivalent to someone who is homosexual? Not only is this offensive to the RnB singers, but to gay people in general as well. 

I'm not gay and I no problem with gay people, but if my iPod is stacked with Breezy, Jeremih, Usher, Trey, ect., does that raise eyebrows that I may be potentially gay? Nope, it shouldn't. Smh at the mentality of some of these goons. 
umm...bruh...obviously if you've been singing about females and dancing since a child you are attracted to men. duh. what else would possess you to use those profitable talents unless you preferred penis?

Back
Top Bottom