if your team left your city?

I'm from seattle and have thought about this lately as well. I don't consider myself a fan of okc but it sucks knowing if they were still the sonics that would be an awesome team to root for. I was having this same convo with my boy the other day who's a die hard seattle sports fan and he loves the thunder.

I'm from seattle and have thought about this lately as well. I don't consider myself a fan of okc but it sucks knowing if they were still the sonics that would be an awesome team to root for. I was having this same convo with my boy the other day who's a die hard seattle sports fan and he loves the thunder.

Originally Posted by trak1sh

if i lived in seattle i'd be happy for the thunder players as i would have no real grudge towards them since they didn't do anything wrong, but i would wish evil painful horrible things on that fat hog clay benent and that turd howard schultz.  moreso howard schultz for selling the team to clay bennent in the first place.

if i lived in seattle i'd be happy for the thunder players as i would have no real grudge towards them since they didn't do anything wrong, but i would wish evil painful horrible things on that fat hog clay benent and that turd howard schultz.  moreso howard schultz for selling the team to clay bennent in the first place.

30t6p3b.gif
@ the hills in downtown seattle...

30t6p3b.gif
@ the hills in downtown seattle...

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

I'm pretty sure they didn't
laugh.gif
The Thunder share the Sonics history. Records, stats, retired numbers, etc of the Sonics are all part of the Thunder History too
Hot damn, you are right.
eek.gif
I could have sworn I heard multiple times that they did not. Like they left all the Sonics banners, trophies, paraphernalia, etc in Seattle
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

It's the same franchise, but they did give up certain things for the move (colors, banners, memorabilia, etc.). They wanted to create a new identity in OKC (which is fine with me...it's not the same team). Gary Payton said that he will never let his jersey hang in OKC, and will make sure of it. He and Kemp are the only Sonics worthy of jersey ceremonies in the modern era, and OKC knows better than to approach them about it.

I'm pretty sure they didn't
laugh.gif
The Thunder share the Sonics history. Records, stats, retired numbers, etc of the Sonics are all part of the Thunder History too
Hot damn, you are right.
eek.gif
I could have sworn I heard multiple times that they did not. Like they left all the Sonics banners, trophies, paraphernalia, etc in Seattle
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

It's the same franchise, but they did give up certain things for the move (colors, banners, memorabilia, etc.). They wanted to create a new identity in OKC (which is fine with me...it's not the same team). Gary Payton said that he will never let his jersey hang in OKC, and will make sure of it. He and Kemp are the only Sonics worthy of jersey ceremonies in the modern era, and OKC knows better than to approach them about it.

I gave up on the NBA all together. Haven't properly watched a game since they took away the team.

If I were to give a #$%*, I would never root for the OKC. Like the other guys have said, nothing against the players, but I cannot, absolutely cannot root for Bennett. #$%* him and Stern.

Also saw that Barkley clip on TNT... props to him. What? OKC's first playoff series win since 2005 with the Sonics? W.T.F is that?

I gave up on the NBA all together. Haven't properly watched a game since they took away the team.

If I were to give a #$%*, I would never root for the OKC. Like the other guys have said, nothing against the players, but I cannot, absolutely cannot root for Bennett. #$%* him and Stern.

Also saw that Barkley clip on TNT... props to him. What? OKC's first playoff series win since 2005 with the Sonics? W.T.F is that?

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Hot damn, you are right.
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I thought Gary Payton said that they wouldn't hang his jersey? Did he have a say so about the situation?

Hot damn, you are right.
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I thought Gary Payton said that they wouldn't hang his jersey? Did he have a say so about the situation?

^ He probably won't show up and OKC knows this. No point in retiring a jersey of the player won't show up.

^ He probably won't show up and OKC knows this. No point in retiring a jersey of the player won't show up.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Wish I didn't have to answer this question
laugh.gif
But yea they'll still be my team...

gunna be weird for me being from Brooklyn. ill take an interest i guess, but the Knicks will still be my dudes.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Wish I didn't have to answer this question
laugh.gif
But yea they'll still be my team...

gunna be weird for me being from Brooklyn. ill take an interest i guess, but the Knicks will still be my dudes.

If the kings really did leave. I would NOT be a fan of Anaheim, but would hope the last era of the kings players did well.
After that I'd just be a casual fan of the NBA.
ohwell.gif

If the kings really did leave. I would NOT be a fan of Anaheim, but would hope the last era of the kings players did well.
After that I'd just be a casual fan of the NBA.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by got shoes

Hot damn, you are right.
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Where did I say they would hang his jersey? They're not going to because they know GP wouldn't endorse it. GP has said many times he never wants to be associated with the franchise beyond Seattle. If Seattle gets another team at some point, I guarantee on opening night GP's number goes to the rafters.

Back
Top Bottom