if your team left your city?

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Hot damn, you are right.
eek.gif
I could have sworn I heard multiple times that they did not. Like they left all the Sonics banners, trophies, paraphernalia, etc in Seattle
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

It's the same franchise, but they did give up certain things for the move (colors, banners, memorabilia, etc.). They wanted to create a new identity in OKC (which is fine with me...it's not the same team). Gary Payton said that he will never let his jersey hang in OKC, and will make sure of it. He and Kemp are the only Sonics worthy of jersey ceremonies in the modern era, and OKC knows better than to approach them about it.
I thought Gary Payton said that they wouldn't hang his jersey? Did he have a say so about the situation?
Where did I say they would hang his jersey? They're not going to because they know GP wouldn't endorse it. GP has said many times he never wants to be associated with the franchise beyond Seattle. If Seattle gets another team at some point, I guarantee on opening night GP's number goes to the rafters.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Originally Posted by Code6

They also took the sonics history with them though. That's not right. 
I'm pretty sure they didn't
laugh.gif

They were talking pregame and they showed Oklahomas all time play off record against the Nuggets, and it was basically just the Sonics all time playoff record against the nugs. 
mad.gif

It was also the first playoff series win for OKC since 2005, as I heard last night.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Originally Posted by Code6

They also took the sonics history with them though. That's not right. 
I'm pretty sure they didn't
laugh.gif

They were talking pregame and they showed Oklahomas all time play off record against the Nuggets, and it was basically just the Sonics all time playoff record against the nugs. 
mad.gif

It was also the first playoff series win for OKC since 2005, as I heard last night.
30t6p3b.gif

I was never even a fan of the Sonics or have anything to do with Seattle and I'm still salty at the whole situation with them becoming the Thunder. No offense to city of OKC but how do you remove a team with a decent history like the Sonics from Seattle?

On top of that, imagine how much NBA buzz there would be in the Northwest if the fans of Seattle had this current Thunder roster to watch and root for along with the near-by Blazers serving as geographical rivals? Just a shame seeing how the Sonics had fallen off the map their latter years and then struck gold with Durant only to see a promising roster up and leave.

I guess as an NBA fan and purist, I'm more mad at the fact that at the Thunder's name, uniforms, city location are just awful in comparison to what the Sonics had. I'm a Mavs fan btw so this is definitely not a point of view from a bitter Seattle person.

If I ever had the ability to go back in time and change something, making sure the Sonics stayed and keep everything the Thunder roster have right now would be one of the things on my to-do list
laugh.gif

I was never even a fan of the Sonics or have anything to do with Seattle and I'm still salty at the whole situation with them becoming the Thunder. No offense to city of OKC but how do you remove a team with a decent history like the Sonics from Seattle?

On top of that, imagine how much NBA buzz there would be in the Northwest if the fans of Seattle had this current Thunder roster to watch and root for along with the near-by Blazers serving as geographical rivals? Just a shame seeing how the Sonics had fallen off the map their latter years and then struck gold with Durant only to see a promising roster up and leave.

I guess as an NBA fan and purist, I'm more mad at the fact that at the Thunder's name, uniforms, city location are just awful in comparison to what the Sonics had. I'm a Mavs fan btw so this is definitely not a point of view from a bitter Seattle person.

If I ever had the ability to go back in time and change something, making sure the Sonics stayed and keep everything the Thunder roster have right now would be one of the things on my to-do list
laugh.gif

When the A's leave Oakland I'll root for them. They'll only be going to San Jose, but it'll still hurt a ton.

When the A's leave Oakland I'll root for them. They'll only be going to San Jose, but it'll still hurt a ton.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Considering I wouldn't mind the Kings leaving Sacramento for San Jose myself (bigger market end of the day), the A's leaving Oakland should be embraced for technically the same potential reason. It ain't even that far away from each other. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Considering I wouldn't mind the Kings leaving Sacramento for San Jose myself (bigger market end of the day), the A's leaving Oakland should be embraced for technically the same potential reason. It ain't even that far away from each other. 
laugh.gif

man +@@$ the nets, im upset that NBA is allowing that %!%% to happen, we may not be a storied franchise but we had our players ( Dr J, Petrovic , Kittles, Kmart )

and we had our runs, with them moving to brooklyn im done rooting for a team, because the NBA stole my team, and i wish them nothing but horrible records for the rest of the franchise.

Bitter sweet cause Dwill is one of my favorite players
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

man +@@$ the nets, im upset that NBA is allowing that %!%% to happen, we may not be a storied franchise but we had our players ( Dr J, Petrovic , Kittles, Kmart )

and we had our runs, with them moving to brooklyn im done rooting for a team, because the NBA stole my team, and i wish them nothing but horrible records for the rest of the franchise.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by air max 87

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

But eff dat. Im still a fan. I stayed after that forgetful 12 win season, I cant leave now. We just got DWill and I expect others to join. 

I blame the previous ownership for the past few seasons. They did nothing. In Prokohov, we trust.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

But eff dat. Im still a fan. I stayed after that forgetful 12 win season, I cant leave now. We just got DWill and I expect others to join. 

I blame the previous ownership for the past few seasons. They did nothing. In Prokohov, we trust.

Seattle fans mad about OKC amuse me. All that talk about GP and his jersey hanging here is nonsense. The Thunder never even considered it. They don't have ANY Sonics related banners hanging, they completely identify as a new franchise. Only banner you will see is the NW Division Champs 2011 one. As for the records, anyone who knows basketball can just look at the date next to it and know if it's before 4yrs ago, it was a Sonic record but even further whoever is displaying this stuff usually makes a point of putting an asterisk or footnote or flatout writing "SEA" next to it.

As for Sonicsgate, the creator of that film is the ultimate +*!+%+#%$. He trolls the %!%* out of any topic that ever has a mention of OKC on these 2 (he's probably on more) message boards and tries to pick fights with OKC fans and residents.

He was at the Nuggets game behind the bench because other Seattle people actually donated the money to fly him out there and by him seats behind the bench so he could wear his Sonics green and ring his cowbell.

If any of my favorite teams left, I wouldn't hold it against them. Obviously it's completely out of the player's control and while I would lose the geographical convenience of being a fan of that team, with internet and league pass I would have no trouble still following. Plus I recognize that somebody paying half a billion dollars for something can do whatever the &^@* they want with it.

Seattle fans mad about OKC amuse me. All that talk about GP and his jersey hanging here is nonsense. The Thunder never even considered it. They don't have ANY Sonics related banners hanging, they completely identify as a new franchise. Only banner you will see is the NW Division Champs 2011 one. As for the records, anyone who knows basketball can just look at the date next to it and know if it's before 4yrs ago, it was a Sonic record but even further whoever is displaying this stuff usually makes a point of putting an asterisk or footnote or flatout writing "SEA" next to it.

As for Sonicsgate, the creator of that film is the ultimate +*!+%+#%$. He trolls the %!%* out of any topic that ever has a mention of OKC on these 2 (he's probably on more) message boards and tries to pick fights with OKC fans and residents.

He was at the Nuggets game behind the bench because other Seattle people actually donated the money to fly him out there and by him seats behind the bench so he could wear his Sonics green and ring his cowbell.

If any of my favorite teams left, I wouldn't hold it against them. Obviously it's completely out of the player's control and while I would lose the geographical convenience of being a fan of that team, with internet and league pass I would have no trouble still following. Plus I recognize that somebody paying half a billion dollars for something can do whatever the &^@* they want with it.

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

grin.gif

you have no idea about what your talking about our team was stolen..... &*^% some banners!!! i just want my team back.

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

grin.gif

you have no idea about what your talking about our team was stolen..... &*^% some banners!!! i just want my team back.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Why are you mad, it's still in the tri-state area, except, an extra toll away. It's a more accessible area, and it helps your team attract better players.
Maybe I can say this, since I haven't been been following sports seriously until 3 - 4 years ago, but I wouldn't be pissed if the Mets moved to let's say Connecticut or NJ. At the end of the day, my team would still be in my area, like yours will be.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Why are you mad, it's still in the tri-state area, except, an extra toll away. It's a more accessible area, and it helps your team attract better players.
Maybe I can say this, since I haven't been been following sports seriously until 3 - 4 years ago, but I wouldn't be pissed if the Mets moved to let's say Connecticut or NJ. At the end of the day, my team would still be in my area, like yours will be.

Back
Top Bottom