if your team left your city?

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

I'm pretty sure they didn't
laugh.gif
The Thunder share the Sonics history. Records, stats, retired numbers, etc of the Sonics are all part of the Thunder History too
Hot damn, you are right.
eek.gif
I could have sworn I heard multiple times that they did not. Like they left all the Sonics banners, trophies, paraphernalia, etc in Seattle
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

And if the Kings eventually leave Sacramento, they'll take our history too
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

But for now they're staying
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

I'm pretty sure they didn't
laugh.gif
The Thunder share the Sonics history. Records, stats, retired numbers, etc of the Sonics are all part of the Thunder History too
Hot damn, you are right.
eek.gif
I could have sworn I heard multiple times that they did not. Like they left all the Sonics banners, trophies, paraphernalia, etc in Seattle
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

And if the Kings eventually leave Sacramento, they'll take our history too
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

But for now they're staying
happy.gif

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

you never root for the team if they left the city.... it's like your girlfriend leaving you. would you wish happiness for her with some other dude?

Perfect analogy imo

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

you never root for the team if they left the city.... it's like your girlfriend leaving you. would you wish happiness for her with some other dude?

Perfect analogy imo

i root against the thunder. i still watch nba games but i never picked up a new team so it's pretty much all i have at this point. Still root for kd and collison (and jeff green until recently) since they were the last guys to wear a sonic uniform still on the team.

i root against the thunder. i still watch nba games but i never picked up a new team so it's pretty much all i have at this point. Still root for kd and collison (and jeff green until recently) since they were the last guys to wear a sonic uniform still on the team.

If the wizards left DC, I wouldn't care less we have enough bad teams to talk about one less wouldn't make a difference...

If the wizards left DC, I wouldn't care less we have enough bad teams to talk about one less wouldn't make a difference...

I'd probably cheer for the Suns. They were my favorite team first, but if the Jazz left I would cry.

I'd probably cheer for the Suns. They were my favorite team first, but if the Jazz left I would cry.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

You and 15,000 other people pay 80 bucks to go see your girlfriend a couple times over the course of a yr, meanwhile the whole time she was never yours anyways because somebody else paid much bigger money for her?

Yea somehow that analogy doesn't work. It's more like you're paying a call girl and her pimp moved her to a different corner.

you aren't that dude. you're a mark %+# %%%%$. yes i am mad. have fun in OKC bum, go tip a cow. come at me bro. 
I actually rep Garland, TX which is right outside of Dallas but whatever. What a stupid thing to say. Cow tipping? I won't respond in kind because I'm above such childish nonsense.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

You and 15,000 other people pay 80 bucks to go see your girlfriend a couple times over the course of a yr, meanwhile the whole time she was never yours anyways because somebody else paid much bigger money for her?

Yea somehow that analogy doesn't work. It's more like you're paying a call girl and her pimp moved her to a different corner.

you aren't that dude. you're a mark %+# %%%%$. yes i am mad. have fun in OKC bum, go tip a cow. come at me bro. 
I actually rep Garland, TX which is right outside of Dallas but whatever. What a stupid thing to say. Cow tipping? I won't respond in kind because I'm above such childish nonsense.

Originally Posted by air kooroush

Seattle fans mad about OKC amuse me. All that talk about GP and his jersey hanging here is nonsense. The Thunder never even considered it. They don't have ANY Sonics related banners hanging, they completely identify as a new franchise. Only banner you will see is the NW Division Champs 2011 one. As for the records, anyone who knows basketball can just look at the date next to it and know if it's before 4yrs ago, it was a Sonic record but even further whoever is displaying this stuff usually makes a point of putting an asterisk or footnote or flatout writing "SEA" next to it.

As for Sonicsgate, the creator of that film is the ultimate +*!+%+#%$. He trolls the %!%* out of any topic that ever has a mention of OKC on these 2 (he's probably on more) message boards and tries to pick fights with OKC fans and residents.

He was at the Nuggets game behind the bench because other Seattle people actually donated the money to fly him out there and by him seats behind the bench so he could wear his Sonics green and ring his cowbell.

If any of my favorite teams left, I wouldn't hold it against them. Obviously it's completely out of the player's control and while I would lose the geographical convenience of being a fan of that team, with internet and league pass I would have no trouble still following. Plus I recognize that somebody paying half a billion dollars for something can do whatever the &^@* they want with it.
mad.gif

First of all, I have no hate towards Durant, the Thunder, Westbrook or OKC fans. We SEATTLE fans are mad because 1. Our team was sold by a local greedy billionaire scumbag who made no effort of selling the team to a local, not to mention someone who actually intended to keep Seattle here. 2. It was bought by Clay Bennet who CLEARLY was ready to move to OKC from the get go 3. the NBA and David Stern didn't make any conscious effort to keep the Sonics here.

Bottom line is, it's frustrating to watch OKC only because they didn't have to suffer through the 99-2008 years like Sonics fans did. It wasn't a matter of Seattle being a good market, or there being a massive/supportive SEA fan base (have you hear how loud QWEST field gets??? 
pimp.gif
). It's that Sam Presti came in, drafted Kevin Durant as a SEATTLE SONIC and all of a sudden everything looked bright and on the upswing. Basketball was back in Seattle and just like that, it was gone. Thats why were salty. Deal with it. 

All that arena crap is a lame cover up for the NBA making more revenue by moving Seattle to OKC. It's the harsh truth and Seattle fans suffered from it. As for Sonicsgate...all I have to say is that it's a testimony to the Seattle fanbases reactions to our team being taken away. Of course you'll see people here and there who hate OKC. But the majority of SEA fans love Durant and Westbrook, and it's not like we wish bad on or want Durant to fail, it's simply just hard to watch OKC knowing that they should be wearing green and gold. And I wouldn't wish that on any team or franchise. 

6gyekn.jpg
Dude, the Thunder won 20something games their first 2 yrs in OKC. Hell, they had to see the same bums you guys did (Robert Swift, Chris Wilcox, Desmond Mason (still lives in OKC), etc.) It's not like they just arrived and were a playoff teams.

As for Bennett, yes he absolutely bought the team with hope and intent to move them but Seattle still had a chance to keep them. Build a new arena. Y'all voted no. You had just built 2 other franchise's new homes. No? Ok, so I'm taking my $500,000,000 to my hometown, with a newer arena (and more importantly more high dollar suites and club level restaurants), going to sell out every game, be a local hero, wanna stop me build me a new arena. No? Alright, Sonics --> Thunder. Shroud but stole is still not the right word. Again, you had a chance.

And you are far in the minority saying you don't have anything towards OKC and their fans. Hell, look here http://www.insidehoops.co...amp;posted=1#post5887323 or RealGM or ANY message board. You can easily and quickly tell the Seattle fans. The SonicsGate creator is in there too, he's "Lakers Legend #32." To say salty and disrespectful would be an understatement; lots of cliche hillbilly jokes.
indifferent.gif
They just troll every mention of the Thunder and try to pick fights with Thunder fans and OK residents. Hell, just check out their site http://www.sonicsgate.org He was at the Nuggets game last series with a cowbell yelling and ringing it in OKC players's and coaches ears.

It sucks, but it is what it is. They'll leave Oklahoma soon enough, especially if they have a losing season. "Small" market teams have a much lower margin of error with regards to team success and not being picked up and moved. Dude pay half a billion dollars for the team, their right to do whatever they want with it. End of the day, it's THEIR team really.

I live in Garland and OKC is less than 3 hrs so I make it up there a lot. I just got back matter of fact from game 1. It's a great arena, and if you see the Club Level that's exactly what Stern was *****ing about with Key Arena reference the suites and high dollar club suites.

Seems like you guys should have beef with NO Hornets fans really. Same situation, less than 13k fans for them this yr, not getting the support they should or could, team up for sale and new owners want to come in but plan to move the team, however in their case the NBA is stepping in to the extent of even buying the team themselves to fight to keep them there. It makes no sense.
The Thunder only had one bad season...they had 20 wins their first season...understandable since they were rebuilding and then they exploded for 50 wins the next season and look where they are now. I'm just saying the foundation for the current OKC roster was still laid when the team was the Seattle Supersonics.
"yes he absolutely bought the team with hope and intent to move them"....

If Bennett wanted to keep OKC in Seattle he would have tried. "On April 17 last year, team co-owners Clay Bennett, Aubrey McClendon and Tom Ward talked about whisking the Sonics away to Oklahoma as soon as possible even though it would mean breaching the KeyArena lease, according to the city's motion filed in U.S. District Court in New York City.

"Is there any way to move here [Oklahoma City] for next season or are we doomed to have another lame duck season in Seattle?" Ward wrote.

Bennett replied: "I am a man possessed! Will do everything we can. Thanks for hanging with me boys, the game is getting started!"

Ward: "That's the spirit!! I am willing to help any way I can to watch ball here [in Oklahoma City] next year."

McClendon: "Me too, thanks Clay!"

And once that was brought to the media....

"Bennett apologized in a lengthy e-mail to Stern, praising the NBA commissioner as "a role model and an extraordinarily gifted executive" and "just one of my favorite people on earth."

"I would never breach your trust. As absolutely remarkable as it may seem, Aubrey and I have NEVER discussed moving the Sonics to Oklahoma City, nor have I discussed it with ANY other member of our ownership group."

laugh.gif

Clearly the guy is at least a liar and a snake. Had he been more truthful and forthcoming it wouldn't have come as a surprise. But he went about it the wrong way, and yes, we do have a reason to hate him and Stern because clearly both were aware of the unfaithful effort to keep the team in Seattle. And your still wrong about Seattle fans...because the majority of those fans, like the Sonicsgate creator and those that go on message boards and call OKC fans hicks/try and bash on Oklahoma City, are the type of people who have nothing better to do other than put the blame on other people out of frustration...

Sure the initial backlash was mainly towards hating OKC but I think the majority of Seattle fans have come to terms with who to blame...Clay Bennet, Howard Schultz (the Sonicsgate guy went after Schultz too, the guy is just an attention...), David Stern. Those 3 are who stole basketball from Seattle. 

And financially, it is your team to do whatever. But when you publicly promise that you will make a good faithed effort to keep the team and go behind thousands of peoples backs with those e-mails and lies...your gonna get hated on. It's ethically and morally wrong. And that's not on OKC fans, OKC as a city or the team, it's on Clay Bennet because he STOLE the team...it's not about club level suites or finances, it's how he went about it and lied. 

And I don't want to get into the NO situation or Sacramento. Because the bottom line has to do with $$$$. Although it doesn't look like either team will get stolen like seattle did. 

Originally Posted by air kooroush

Seattle fans mad about OKC amuse me. All that talk about GP and his jersey hanging here is nonsense. The Thunder never even considered it. They don't have ANY Sonics related banners hanging, they completely identify as a new franchise. Only banner you will see is the NW Division Champs 2011 one. As for the records, anyone who knows basketball can just look at the date next to it and know if it's before 4yrs ago, it was a Sonic record but even further whoever is displaying this stuff usually makes a point of putting an asterisk or footnote or flatout writing "SEA" next to it.

As for Sonicsgate, the creator of that film is the ultimate +*!+%+#%$. He trolls the %!%* out of any topic that ever has a mention of OKC on these 2 (he's probably on more) message boards and tries to pick fights with OKC fans and residents.

He was at the Nuggets game behind the bench because other Seattle people actually donated the money to fly him out there and by him seats behind the bench so he could wear his Sonics green and ring his cowbell.

If any of my favorite teams left, I wouldn't hold it against them. Obviously it's completely out of the player's control and while I would lose the geographical convenience of being a fan of that team, with internet and league pass I would have no trouble still following. Plus I recognize that somebody paying half a billion dollars for something can do whatever the &^@* they want with it.
mad.gif

First of all, I have no hate towards Durant, the Thunder, Westbrook or OKC fans. We SEATTLE fans are mad because 1. Our team was sold by a local greedy billionaire scumbag who made no effort of selling the team to a local, not to mention someone who actually intended to keep Seattle here. 2. It was bought by Clay Bennet who CLEARLY was ready to move to OKC from the get go 3. the NBA and David Stern didn't make any conscious effort to keep the Sonics here.

Bottom line is, it's frustrating to watch OKC only because they didn't have to suffer through the 99-2008 years like Sonics fans did. It wasn't a matter of Seattle being a good market, or there being a massive/supportive SEA fan base (have you hear how loud QWEST field gets??? 
pimp.gif
). It's that Sam Presti came in, drafted Kevin Durant as a SEATTLE SONIC and all of a sudden everything looked bright and on the upswing. Basketball was back in Seattle and just like that, it was gone. Thats why were salty. Deal with it. 

All that arena crap is a lame cover up for the NBA making more revenue by moving Seattle to OKC. It's the harsh truth and Seattle fans suffered from it. As for Sonicsgate...all I have to say is that it's a testimony to the Seattle fanbases reactions to our team being taken away. Of course you'll see people here and there who hate OKC. But the majority of SEA fans love Durant and Westbrook, and it's not like we wish bad on or want Durant to fail, it's simply just hard to watch OKC knowing that they should be wearing green and gold. And I wouldn't wish that on any team or franchise. 

6gyekn.jpg
Dude, the Thunder won 20something games their first 2 yrs in OKC. Hell, they had to see the same bums you guys did (Robert Swift, Chris Wilcox, Desmond Mason (still lives in OKC), etc.) It's not like they just arrived and were a playoff teams.

As for Bennett, yes he absolutely bought the team with hope and intent to move them but Seattle still had a chance to keep them. Build a new arena. Y'all voted no. You had just built 2 other franchise's new homes. No? Ok, so I'm taking my $500,000,000 to my hometown, with a newer arena (and more importantly more high dollar suites and club level restaurants), going to sell out every game, be a local hero, wanna stop me build me a new arena. No? Alright, Sonics --> Thunder. Shroud but stole is still not the right word. Again, you had a chance.

And you are far in the minority saying you don't have anything towards OKC and their fans. Hell, look here http://www.insidehoops.co...amp;posted=1#post5887323 or RealGM or ANY message board. You can easily and quickly tell the Seattle fans. The SonicsGate creator is in there too, he's "Lakers Legend #32." To say salty and disrespectful would be an understatement; lots of cliche hillbilly jokes.
indifferent.gif
They just troll every mention of the Thunder and try to pick fights with Thunder fans and OK residents. Hell, just check out their site http://www.sonicsgate.org He was at the Nuggets game last series with a cowbell yelling and ringing it in OKC players's and coaches ears.

It sucks, but it is what it is. They'll leave Oklahoma soon enough, especially if they have a losing season. "Small" market teams have a much lower margin of error with regards to team success and not being picked up and moved. Dude pay half a billion dollars for the team, their right to do whatever they want with it. End of the day, it's THEIR team really.

I live in Garland and OKC is less than 3 hrs so I make it up there a lot. I just got back matter of fact from game 1. It's a great arena, and if you see the Club Level that's exactly what Stern was *****ing about with Key Arena reference the suites and high dollar club suites.

Seems like you guys should have beef with NO Hornets fans really. Same situation, less than 13k fans for them this yr, not getting the support they should or could, team up for sale and new owners want to come in but plan to move the team, however in their case the NBA is stepping in to the extent of even buying the team themselves to fight to keep them there. It makes no sense.
The Thunder only had one bad season...they had 20 wins their first season...understandable since they were rebuilding and then they exploded for 50 wins the next season and look where they are now. I'm just saying the foundation for the current OKC roster was still laid when the team was the Seattle Supersonics.
"yes he absolutely bought the team with hope and intent to move them"....

If Bennett wanted to keep OKC in Seattle he would have tried. "On April 17 last year, team co-owners Clay Bennett, Aubrey McClendon and Tom Ward talked about whisking the Sonics away to Oklahoma as soon as possible even though it would mean breaching the KeyArena lease, according to the city's motion filed in U.S. District Court in New York City.

"Is there any way to move here [Oklahoma City] for next season or are we doomed to have another lame duck season in Seattle?" Ward wrote.

Bennett replied: "I am a man possessed! Will do everything we can. Thanks for hanging with me boys, the game is getting started!"

Ward: "That's the spirit!! I am willing to help any way I can to watch ball here [in Oklahoma City] next year."

McClendon: "Me too, thanks Clay!"

And once that was brought to the media....

"Bennett apologized in a lengthy e-mail to Stern, praising the NBA commissioner as "a role model and an extraordinarily gifted executive" and "just one of my favorite people on earth."

"I would never breach your trust. As absolutely remarkable as it may seem, Aubrey and I have NEVER discussed moving the Sonics to Oklahoma City, nor have I discussed it with ANY other member of our ownership group."

laugh.gif

Clearly the guy is at least a liar and a snake. Had he been more truthful and forthcoming it wouldn't have come as a surprise. But he went about it the wrong way, and yes, we do have a reason to hate him and Stern because clearly both were aware of the unfaithful effort to keep the team in Seattle. And your still wrong about Seattle fans...because the majority of those fans, like the Sonicsgate creator and those that go on message boards and call OKC fans hicks/try and bash on Oklahoma City, are the type of people who have nothing better to do other than put the blame on other people out of frustration...

Sure the initial backlash was mainly towards hating OKC but I think the majority of Seattle fans have come to terms with who to blame...Clay Bennet, Howard Schultz (the Sonicsgate guy went after Schultz too, the guy is just an attention...), David Stern. Those 3 are who stole basketball from Seattle. 

And financially, it is your team to do whatever. But when you publicly promise that you will make a good faithed effort to keep the team and go behind thousands of peoples backs with those e-mails and lies...your gonna get hated on. It's ethically and morally wrong. And that's not on OKC fans, OKC as a city or the team, it's on Clay Bennet because he STOLE the team...it's not about club level suites or finances, it's how he went about it and lied. 

And I don't want to get into the NO situation or Sacramento. Because the bottom line has to do with $$$$. Although it doesn't look like either team will get stolen like seattle did. 

I'm from Jersey. I WANT my team to leave this sorry state. I need to start cheering for a winner. BROOKLYN 2012.

I'm from Jersey. I WANT my team to leave this sorry state. I need to start cheering for a winner. BROOKLYN 2012.

Back
Top Bottom