I'll admit i have a lot more respect for Dirk now

After what happened last year in the playoffs i just lost all respect for him..for letting the Warriors eliminate them from the playoffs...and even in thebeginning of the year and I still didn't think he was that great...but to me he's been on some other shhhh the last month.... He's been hitting bigshot after big shot in the 4th quarter...not to mention how fast he came back from that ankle injury...a high ankle sprain is no joke....and he was back inwhat seemed like a week...and he was still giving teams works from the min he came back... I'm pretty confident that Dirk will lead the Mavs over thehornets...It wouldn't even surprise me if they got to the conference finals or even the nba finals...

yeah, dude has been ballin' lately. But idk if he will make it past the first round. but who knows.

Originally Posted by Mr Supreme Stussy

Dude is not beating the Hornets. Put money on that.

laugh.gif
, I sure hope you put yours on it. I'm not a gambling man, but Dirk is one of the most motivated men in the League right now.

Dirk has been hitting big shots lately. Sure, he's been criticized for being 'soft' but the is effective.

Ever since he took AK47 out hes been a different Dirk

Mavs over Hornets in 6 (Hornets can't win in Dallas)

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
, I sure hope you put yours on it. I'm not a gambling man, but Dirk is one of the most motivated men in the League right now.

...says the Dallas Mavericks fanboy
smh.gif
grin.gif

They play 4 games at New Orleans so we should take advantage of that since Mavs aren't doing so great on the road this year.

Don't be to quick to with that. The Mavs are definitely no pushover, and they have way more experience in the playoffs than the Hornets do. I'mpretty sure the Mavs have a vendetta against everyone after what happened last year.

and what people dont know is that during the warriors series his dad was in the hospital...mr.supreme put up the pink slip for your username...

My man is sloshed!

I love that pic.
roll.gif

When it was first posted on here, I didn't even notice that he was wearing her earring until someone pointed it out. Freaking comedy.

But yes, Dirk is one of the most motivated men in the league right now. Am I a Mavs fanboy?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

My man is sloshed!

I love that pic.
roll.gif

When it was first posted on here, I didn't even notice that he was wearing her earring until someone pointed it out. Freaking comedy.

But yes, Dirk is one of the most motivated men in the league right now. Am I a Mavs fanboy?
laugh.gif

Fanboy..
smh.gif

Oh and I'm definitely a fanboy.
pimp.gif

Yeah he's been playing pretty well. It seems like New Orleans is slowly running out of gas and Mavs are slowly picking there game up. I call Mavs in 6.

Dude always plays through injuries. His game is "soft" but his toughness in fighting through injuries is Iverson like.

I mean dude had his teeth knocked out during a game, spit them boys out and kept playing

Stolen from somewhere else-
Don't forget 2001 where Dirk got his teeth knocked out in a playoff game vs. the spurs came back in less than a minute and scored the rest of his 30 pts. to force Game 5. Or that Dirk's Mavs have been the only team in the last three years to beat the Spurs (this eras most dominant team) in a playoff series. The fact is that Dirk is a gamer, and we are lucky to watch him in the nba because his teams are consistently good, and he brings the effort night in and night out (which is more than you can say for alot of players).

The "Dirk is soft" contingent just repeat what they hear from Steven A. Smith on T.V. "He is soft, european, irk with no D, etc." These people are uninformed basketball fans. He has produced in the playoffs for many years--in fact, he has done alot more than most players have in the playoffs. I guess people just have a selective memory.

The thing that pisses me off no other player has accomplished as much as Dirk except for Shaq, Duncan and maybe Kobe(unless he takes this team to the Finals Istill won't agree)yet he never gets shine for it.

Dude took the Mavs to the Finals with no other all-stars.

Now honestly I don't know if he has that "it" needed to lead a team to championship. I think as far as franchise players go he is German DavidRobinson, you can build a team around them and you will always be good but you need another pitbull around them to get a ring.

I think Jason Kidd is a pitbull I just don't know if he's too old at this point.

Dirk's problem in the playoffs the last two years was that Avery tried to make him into something he wasn't. When Nash left, Dirk became the primaryplay-maker in the Mavs' offense. He had to score, set everyone else up for shots, facilitate the offense from the high post, whatever... Dirk is a goodpasser for a 7 footer, but he's not a great one. He's a solid ball-handler, but not a great one.

Dirk is a scorer. Period. He's not a facilitator of an offense. He's not a point forward, he's not a guy that will set everyone else up for easylooks. Dirk is at his best when he can focus his energy on one thing. Scoring the basketball.

He's back in that role now with Kidd on the court. He's not setting the offense up, he's not worrying about finding everyone else and settingeveryone else up in the offense. Kidd does that. It allows Dirk to be Dirk. And we've seen that since Kidd got here. Dirk is back to being the guythat's damn near impossible to match up with.

But he's gotta do work in the playoffs this year, no doubt.

The thing that pisses me off no other player has accomplished as much as Dirk except for Shaq, Duncan and maybe Kob
Active players? ...Add AI and Kidd to that list for starters

Back
Top Bottom