I'm a Lil ***** Tryna Get Big. Vol. Help me Gainzzz

Can I get some tips from my NT brothers on how I can work out and what I should eat to gain HEALTHY amounts of weight?

Also I could use some success stories to motivate me

Currently I:
Have a horrible eating diet
Drink 1 bottle of water a day
Lift weights everyday
Play basketball everyday (minus Saturdays and Sundays)
Do 50 push ups daily (elevated push ups)
Attempt to do 10 sit ups a day

Have gained 10ish lbs without working out just straight eating lately.

If you're a hard gainer like me, just eat everything. Everything. Nothing else works for me. Gain now, sculpt later.

And drink more water, god damn.

Aint derr a thread bout staying healthy and in shape

Lock it up.
There sure is
There isn't a thread about gaining weight and maintaining said weight tho...
That thread is about staying healthy and in shape, not gaining
Atleast TO ME those aren't the same thing

Exit

Holla @ Suav, Bigboss and JR (too name a few)in the NT Stay fit thread. They are cool and will help you with #gainz

LOL. How are you even hooping on one bottle of water. Get a Nalgene bottle (32 oz) and carry it with you. Finish one by afternoon then refill it and finish the next before bed. That's just a base even if you do nothing all day!

As for getting more calories healthily I recommend smoothies. Bananas are 100 cals each. Throw 5 in a smoothie along with oats and nut butter. Thats an easy 1000 cal jumpstart. This is very cheap too.

You also might wanna cut back on the basketball. You are burning a lot of calories during the week.

Last edited:
Holla @ Suav, Bigboss and JR (too name a few)in the NT Stay fit thread. They are cool and will help you with #gainz
LOL. How are you even hooping on one bottle of water. Get a Nalgene bottle (32 oz) and carry it with you. Finish one by afternoon then refill it and finish the next before bed. That's just a base even if you do nothing all day!

As for getting more calories healthily I recommend smoothies. Bananas are 100 cals each. Throw 5 in a smoothie along with oats and nut butter. This is very cheap too.

You also might wanna cut back on the basketball. You are burning a lot of calories during the week.
Noted
But I don't eat bananas, any alternatives?
I eat green apples, grapes, tangerines, oranges, Kiwi's, and some others.
Also how many bottles a day would that Nalgene bottle average out to?

1 bottle of water? are you a raisin? you're gonna die b.
:rofl:

I was doing track last year and i had 3 bottles a day, but I quit to focus on Culinary and my grades, so I guess I kinda cut back after that...
I really need to start back drinking water tho

Noted
But I don't eat bananas, any alternatives?
I eat green apples, grapes, tangerines, oranges, Kiwi's, and some others.
Also how many bottles a day would that Nalgene bottle average out to?

A bottle of water is about 16 oz so you need to drink 4 at least. But the point of having a bigger water bottle is you're more likely to drink from it if it's with you all day. Once you finish a crystal geyser joint you gotta go back for another one and another.

Sweeter fruits have more calories than sub-acid fruits like apples, oranges. Those are good for overall health but they're not gonna help much for weight gain. Mangos are high in calories and you can buy a big bag in the frozen section.

You might wanna just get a weight gainer powder which I'm not knowledgeable about. Back in the day they were all disgusting.

Last edited:
Have gained 10ish lbs without working out just straight eating lately.

If you're a hard gainer like me, just eat everything. Everything. Nothing else works for me. Gain now, sculpt later.

And drink more water, god damn.
This is the crux of it right here. You've got to train your body to accept eating more. It'll be the hardest thing you do. Harder than the actual lifting. Once you start eating like a beast everything else is just consistency in the gym and being patient.

Can I get some tips from my NT brothers on how I can work out and what I should eat to gain HEALTHY amounts of weight?

Also I could use some success stories to motivate me

Currently I:
Have a horrible eating diet
Drink 1 bottle of water a day
Lift weights everyday
Play basketball everyday (minus Saturdays and Sundays)
Do 50 push ups daily (elevated push ups)
Attempt to do 10 sit ups a day

Do you count macros?
Do you know many calories you need to eat maintain?
Calories in vs Calories out, sounds like are burning more than you eating.

As far as water goes you need to be atleast a gallon a day if your pee is super yellow that means your dehydrated.

As far as cleaning up your diet goes . How much do incorporate veggies and fruit, fish, nuts avocados etc..

Are u pure junk food?

What type of weights? A bench only ?how many sets Do you. NT can help u but the bros in stay fit have great advice and just reading back maybe the last 300 pages of it has taught me a lot and with a lot of lulz

Do you count macros?
Do you know many calories you need to eat maintain?
Calories in vs Calories out, sounds like are burning more than you eating.

As far as water goes you need to be atleast a gallon a day if your pee is super yellow that means your dehydrated.

As far as cleaning up your diet goes . How much do incorporate veggies and fruit, fish, nuts avocados etc..

Are u pure junk food?

What type of weights? A bench only ?how many sets Do you. NT can help u but the bros in stay fit have great advice and just reading back maybe the last 300 pages of it has taught me a lot and with a lot of lulz
I have vegetables with every home cooked meal, and i eat out like once, maximum twice a week
I usually eat A Bag of Chips, like 3 packs of Welch's fruit snacks, Chex Mix, Welch's Fruit Punch, and a water every day. I try to pack food wherever I go because I get hungry easily.
I don't bench because I don't have access to a bench rn, but I lift 2 25 pound weights (30 reps each arm) a day, and then like 60 reps of dumbbells for cooldown (nothing serious I suppose)
Don't count calories at all, never have
Never tried protein shakes or powders, my pops says it's bad for you, so I've never bought it before (he's buff so I tend to trust him)
That's all the info I got for ya. Oh and I'm 6ft even

Last edited:
Big Daddy Boss is here son, you have nothing to fear.

Basketball is going to make gaining weight hard especially for the bodytype Im gonna assume you have.

An easy way to gain weight is to eat calorie dense foods that are high in carbs.

Some good ones off the bat are pasta and my personal favorite rice. PB and J sandwiches are good, wash them down with some milk.

The biggest thing is just eat even when you don't want to.

Eat everything in sight and lift weights until you cant anymore. It's that simple. Hit abs daily though. I just do like 6 random ab exercises in sets of 20-40.

Hit the cleans and squats hard too. That will get you a quick 10 pounds. I'm going through it too. I'm up 25 pounds in two months now.

Drink way more water too. Wtf man :lol:

Last edited:
Just get on the sauce.
laugh.gif
 so true

Big Daddy Boss is here son, you have nothing to fear.

Basketball is going to make gaining weight hard especially for the bodytype Im gonna assume you have.

An easy way to gain weight is to eat calorie dense foods that are high in carbs.

Some good ones off the bat are pasta and my personal favorite rice. PB and J sandwiches are good, wash them down with some milk.

The biggest thing is just eat even when you don't want to.
Eat everything in sight and lift weights until you cant anymore. It's that simple. Hit abs daily though. I just do like 6 random ab exercises in sets of 20-40.

Hit the cleans and squats hard too. That will get you a quick 10 pounds. I'm going through it too. I'm up 25 pounds in two months now.

Drink way more water too. Wtf man :lol:
Thanks
And I already eat alot.
Like every 5 minutes :lol:
By bad diet I meant I eat alot, probably just unhealthy choices
I literally eat exactly like you're telling me

Back
Top Bottom