I'm a victim of credit card theft smh

so this morning, i checked my online account and i saw that i got charged around $600 from sears.com. i called them and asked what the eff is goin' on andthey said that some dude from alabama bought like a leather jacket and im like %%%.

it just goes to show how scary the internet is. thank god i found out this soon or else that fool may have put me into debt.

this ever happened to anyone?

they got your billing address and the security code on the back of the card? i mean i guess so, since he did it. but wow

crazy

Closest thing was losin my Debit card when I was 15 and all they bought was Gas. It took my bank like 7 months to get my 20 somethin bucks back until theyfinally called and asked,

"Are you sure you didn't buy Gas at that time period?"
Me: Yeah, I'm 15 and I take the bus.
"Oh..."

Ironically, mine was also stolen online this weekend and was charged $1 by Dirt Devil. When I gave them a call, it was actually a security check since thecredit card address did not match the shipping address so they didn't charge me. WAMU quickly closed my account. I then cancelled my card right away andcurrently awaiting for my new one from the mail.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

they got your billing address and the security code on the back of the card? i mean i guess so, since he did it. but wow

crazy
man i don't even know. i might hesitate with online shopping now (which is how i do most of my shopping). man, u gotta go through all the messto solve this.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

crazy
man i don't even know. i might hesitate with online shopping now (which is how i do most of my shopping). man, u gotta go through all the mess to solve this.
You got any idea how dude got your info anyway?

I'm also skeptical. My credit report alert me that I got a new account on my report. I haven't messed with my cards in months so I'm thinkingsomeone started a new account. Have to check that soon but got too much other #+$+ going on to find that out right now
frown.gif
I'll check on saturday morning.

Originally Posted by Russoull

crazy
man i don't even know. i might hesitate with online shopping now (which is how i do most of my shopping). man, u gotta go through all the mess to solve this.
You got any idea how dude got your info anyway?
nah. but it doesn't surprise me with the internet nowadays with all those spywares and stuff.

The same thing happened to my girl. Somebody went on a spree at the GAP. But its partially her fault because she swipes her debit card EVERYWHERE, even the lilshady spots. She doesnt use cash, and thats what happens.

Did you shop at sears recently? Sometimes those cashier copy your card info give it to a friend. Then they come in buy a few items and goes to the the cashierwhich then enter the info manually.

Originally Posted by GG0tti

Did you shop at sears recently? Sometimes those cashier copy your card info give it to a friend. Then they come in buy a few items and goes to the the cashier which then enter the info manually.
the last time i shopped at sears was over christmas. my card was used on 2/25. they have the shipping address in alabama and hopefully they'llprosecute that fool.

Originally Posted by GG0tti

Did you shop at sears recently? Sometimes those cashier copy your card info give it to a friend. Then they come in buy a few items and goes to the the cashier which then enter the info manually.
the last time i shopped at sears was over christmas. my card was used on 2/25. they have the shipping address in alabama and hopefully they'll prosecute that fool.
You are good then.

But I urge all of you to watch these cashier when you had over your cards.

dude calm down most cc companies give you the money back

it happened to me but they stopped it before happening

Originally Posted by Rightguard

dude calm down most cc companies give you the money back
Calm down? A guy robbed him from thousands of miles away. This continues to happen because people don't take it seriously enough.

yea, it's happened to me before...someone spent like $1000 on some flower website.

Originally Posted by Russoull

Closest thing was losin my Debit card when I was 15 and all they bought was Gas. It took my bank like 7 months to get my 20 somethin bucks back until they finally called and asked,

"Are you sure you didn't buy Gas at that time period?"
Me: Yeah, I'm 15 and I take the bus.
"Oh..."
lol, stupid bank employees

happend to me, got a mail from my bank saying they going to mail me a new card cause they think someone has stolen my idenity.

One afternoon a year or so ago I got a call from one of my companies asking me to verify the cash withdrawal I made at a gas station in Mexico. (I was in Ohioat the time.) They said don't worry about it and that any suspicious charges in the next year would dropped, no questions asked. Not exactly identitytheft, but it was a little jarring.

Back
Top Bottom